USA Immigration Lawyers in Berlin

6 posts in this topic

Hello,
Does anyone know a consultant or an immigration lawyer in Berlin who can assist in USA VISA related questions?

I am being offered American immigrant Visa (H1-B or EB-2) but I have lot of doubts to clear.

12 hours ago, RedMidge said:

Have you checked the US Gov. website?

Yes. I have open questions even after that.

what questions you have btw?

Probably you alread know about this Information but anyway i am writing it down for you..

• If you file for H1b visa then you must act fast for this year as Deadline for Submission is 1st April 2017.
  • Plus H1b visas are limited in number 65000  Visas per year and nowadays there is a lottery because thanks to fucking IT companies from my Country :blink:.

In short with H1b visa you are left to lot of good luck...

L1B (for technical intra Company Transfer) or L1A (managerial ) could be a good Option if you are eligible..

Dont know anything about EB-2 which i guess is a Green Card..

7 hours ago, MechEng said:

what questions you have btw?

Probably you alread know about this Information but anyway i am writing it down for you..

• If you file for H1b visa then you must act fast for this year as Deadline for Submission is 1st April 2017.
  • Plus H1b visas are limited in number 65000  Visas per year and nowadays there is a lottery because thanks to fucking IT companies from my Country :blink:.

In short with H1b visa you are left to lot of good luck...

L1B (for technical intra Company Transfer) or L1A (managerial ) could be a good Option if you are eligible..

Dont know anything about EB-2 which i guess is a Green Card..

Thanks MechEng, my fellow countryman !

I have an option of going for L1B which is to be petitioned by my company or EB-2 which is to be petitioned by myself.

L1A is intra-company transfer Visa and is easy to obtain. But it's extremely restrictive. Few highlights include

1. I won't allowed to change the company in USA

2. If I get fired by my company, I have to leave USA immediately. No grace period or margin whatsoever.

3. My company might apply for Green Card three years after I am there. But the processing usually takes more than 10 years. (You read it right, TEN years.) During that time, above two restrictions apply.

EB-2 is less restrictive but has very strict conditions. Eligibility strongly depends on applicant's credentials. So to verify my complete background, to see how strong my petition will be, estimate approx time it may take to get the visa (which again depends on my background) and to see if it is worth applying for, I would need a lawyer. 

you are welcome..i thought you are a deutsch guy ;)

1. I won't allowed to change the company in USA

Is changing your Company immediately  one of your objectives? Any Company might be pissed off after investing so much in your visa process if you decide to Switch..they might expect you to stay relatively longer...

Anyway you can still apply for H1b from a different or the same Company once you get into the US..one visa doesnt affect the other

2. If I get fired by my company, I have to leave USA immediately. No grace period or margin whatsoever.

not sure about it...but yeah might be!

3. My company might apply for Green Card three years after I am there. But the processing usually takes more than 10 years. (You read it right, TEN years.) During that time, above two restrictions apply.

Any visa you apply and you wish to get Green Card the waiting times are anyway extremely Long..so i dont Think this is a deal breaker!