Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Relocating to Erlangen with dog

5 posts in this topic

Hi, all, we'll be relocating on the first of June to Erlangen. Yippee! New dialect to learn. Better half told me she wanted to do this in October and I consented. Since then I have made my business much more portable. I have secured a stable client base in the area as well as having expanded my business to things I can do at home. We have already secured an apartment and are getting all of the human-related ducks in a row. For this, we have friends in the area who can help

We do, however, have a wonderful little dog (33kg) and he needs a new doctor and other services. I need to find a new vet and I need to know where the 24-hour emergency vet is. Google has helped me, but I also would like to hear recommendations from current customers about the service and expertise of the vets. I do not require that they speak English, but a little bit would help as sometimes veterinary medical problems are a bit tricky to discuss.

Also, although our friends in the area have volunteered to take him when we go on vacations and such, none of our friends have dogs and I am not sure that the sanest solution is to give a dog noob a 33kg bulldog mix. Therefore, I also need recommendations on good hundehotels with exceptional kenneling options. Our last hundehotel has spoiled us terribly - he got a room with a couch and a bed and another doggy buddy to hang out with at night after a long day of yard play.

Finally, I'd like to know where the good off-leash, fenced play areas for dogs are. We have been lucky enough to have several in our area and we are hoping to find a place where I can take him a few times per week to maintain his good level of socialization.

Do you need to live in Erlangen or are you flexible ? Just read you have secured an apartment, where in Erlangen ?

We already have a maisonette in a little burb called Bubenreuth. We were lucky. Not many places would take dogs, but our new landlady fell in love with the little monkey. We looked at several places in Fuerth (and I thought of you, naturally) that were near the park. I just didn't like it as much as the quieter area we found.

You are surrounded by good forests and good parks in that area. However I take it you drive because transport there is terrible and you are fairly isolated. The Train line (S1) is over priced and is not the most reliable. Your internet connection there might also be c**p.

Good Luck with the move.

Yeah, we checked out the internet thing right away and there is good connection with a few providers. Yes, we both drive and we are a two car family so no issues there. Thanks. We'll need the luck for sure!