Internet providers in Munich - Considering leaving Telekom

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I've been a Telekom customer now for almost 4 years and have had good results with them. However, since moving into my last apartment nearly 3 years ago, I was getting less than my 50mbit I was paying for (who hasn't had that happen before?) with a grand total of 43mbit download. It wasn't bad, but as of yesterday, for some strange reason, Telekom without warning downgraded my speeds to 35/7mbit. Everything was working just fine as of Tuesday at 43/10mbit. 

This all came without warning and I know if I call and complain, I'll only have the customer service hide behind the clause that they can provide up to 50mbit, but not the full 50. 

So, once again, I'm weighing my options out since on DSL I can only get pretty much my current speed or less depending on the providers. 

Has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with Kabel Deutschland? I can get 400/25 for the same price in my flat, however I know they can only provide UP to that speed. But, even if it was a little less, it would be far faster than what I have right now.

I strongly recommend m-net. Had been their customer for 4 years now. Consistent internet speed and never had disruptions for their optical fibre supported internet.

On 3/20/2017, 2:48:21, Bavarisch said:

I strongly recommend m-net. Had been their customer for 4 years now. Consistent internet speed and never had disruptions for their optical fibre supported internet.

I am unable to go any higher with m-net in my area. In fact, I'd checked their site and in my neighborhood, I'd get 35mbit down. So for the random kicks to 40-42 i'm getting now from telekom, I won't be going any higher. 

Kinda sucks there isn't good fiber here yet :(