Why do you want to send your children to private school in Germany?

84 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Krieg said:

I assume you have lived a very sheltered life and you never struggled with harsh reality. I can tell you a gazillion reasons why someone might have to take such move, the obvious one would be, the person comes from a third world country, came here with a good expat package which included education for the kids in a private international school. Now things changed, the person lost the job, the company is cutting expenses, the school is only a primary school and there is no alternative or the company does not pay for the alternative, etc. The person can't afford to pay a private school from his own pocket, so they have to either put the kid in a normal school or go back to their third world country, but time has passed and the kid would actually struggle even more over there, and a struggle in Germany is first world problems compared to struggling over there.

I don't know man, I am just guessing. Do you think the person wants to put his own kid through that struggle just for fun?

Maybe we should let the person answer that for themselves, if they like. I don't think anything since they didn't say. Hence the question.

How long has the kid been in an international school? At the one where my son went, German class was mandatory and that, along with German friends, had him speaking fluent German in one year. I thought that all international schools required daily German classes.

11 hours ago, tanindia said:

planning for a private Gymnasium with G9 for my child moving from an international school with little German.Pondering on Goethe (But g8)in Bensheim or EI (G9)Heidelberg!

The Goethe-Gymnasium in Bensheim is a state school that is an Europaschulehttp://www.goethe-bensheim.de/index.php/das-goethe/europaschule

The Gymnasium at the Englisches Institut Heidelberg is "staatlich anerkannt", i.e. the "good" version of a private school, which is equivalent to a state schoolhttps://www.englisches-institut.de/

@PandaMunich

We are in a state funded international school where the school fees are way cheaper than regular international school but unfortunately they are having staff problems and things are unclear in higher grades.We understand Gymnasium would give him a good option to join universities here or even abroad .

He does have and understands fairly good but to get to complete Gymnasium with all subjects in German  would be in my understanding a initiall tough calling.