Bavaria plans burqa ban

522 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Allershausen said:

Circumcision isn't prohibited in Germany. 

Unfortunately. The court in Cologne tried to ban it, but to no avail.

20 minutes ago, LenkaG said:

@dannys, unfortunately, @Allershausen is correct, details here. It is the case despite a lot of resistance -- I have mostly been following the Giordano Bruno Stiftung in these matters; they had a nice campaign when these issues were discussed a few years ago. German pediatricians and researchers from a centre for pain research were clearly against allowing ritual circumcision as they say doing this causes irreversible changes to little boys' brains. Some religious experts talked in the Bundestag about how, for example, circumcision is not needed for someone to be considered a Jew, although many people claim otherwise, and that this is purely cultural (just like the niqab and the burqa). All to no avail. The German government likes to please religious leaders and the Christian ones supported the Jewish and the Muslim clerics because they are worried about their own issues. Such a shame. 

Well my bad - I was wrong.
Still it was only an example.

Anyway - Muslim extremists are posing a huge security and geo threat to Germany - and therefore should be discouraged. 

If I am a western women, I would not move to Iran and dress with a Bikini.

Either you play by the rules, or don't bother.

Either you fit in, or in case your religious and culture are ages apart from western values - you better stay where you are and don't come to Europe. Respect your hosting country, or go away.

This extremism non-sense most be stopped - Germany should give a direct order - You want to be an extreme Islamist, please stay in [You name it] and don't come to western, modern and beautiful Germany. anywhere those Islamists are roaming is being trashed down (We already have examples in Sweden and England, unfortunately). We don't need this "Taliban" culture in Germany.

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What if people just didn't give a shit what other people wear?

In most cases this is completely fine, and should be like that,

But in the case of extreme Muslims, certain things pose a big problem because in their culture there is a direct connection with what you wear \ how you carry you self - and your beliefs (Trust me I know a bit about this subject)

And the type of Muslims who make their women wear Burqa are an example of extremists with very primitive anti-western beliefs. which are too dangerous for the security and integrity of Germany, and Europe in general.

This group of people have a very specified agenda, they will try to spread and gain power first, and then - they will start to force their own beliefs on other people.
It was already been done in Certain areas in Sweden and England, because the government did nothing and let those Islamists gain power. 

This must not happen in Germany,

Would you bring a nasty and wild flesh eating predator to watch you baby ? sure not! think about this as an example - You don't bring into your country material that will destroy it.

10 minutes ago, dannys said:

Well my bad - I was wrong.
Still it was only an example.

Anyway - Muslim extremists are posing a huge security and geo threat to Germany - and therefore should be discouraged. 

If I am a western women, I would not move to Iran and dress with a Bikini.

Either you play by the rules, or don't bother.

Either you fit in, or in case your religious and culture are ages apart from western values - you better stay where you are and don't come to Europe. Respect your hosting country, or go away.

This extremism non-sense most be stopped - Germany should give a direct order - You want to be an extreme Islamist, please stay in [You name it] and don't come to western, modern and beautiful Germany. anywhere those Islamists are roaming is being trashed down (We already have examples in Sweden and England, unfortunately). We don't need this "Taliban" culture in Germany.

with this kind of post, Merkel thinks you are a PEGIDA/AfD supporter.

1 minute ago, mannes said:

with this kind of post, Merkel thinks you are a PEGIDA/AfD supporter.

;)

Well I believe that Merkel already understand the size of the disaster she have created for her country, and hopefully she will try to fix it.

I am not anywhere near AfD.

I am just against the self-suicide of a beautiful country by a bunch of rebels (couldn't find a better way to describe it)

10 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Because like you said earlier when in Rome

30 minutes ago, LenkaG said:

German pediatricians and researchers from a centre for pain research were clearly against allowing ritual circumcision as they say doing this causes irreversible changes to little boys' brains.

Aha !! So this explains Americans who get it done as a matter of course.

Red me if you like .... - Oh, hang on ???

15 minutes ago, dannys said:

But in the case of extreme Muslims, certain things pose a big problem because in their culture there is a direct connection with what you wear \ how you carry you self - and your beliefs (Trust me I know a bit about this subject)

Like this lot you mean?

nuns_together.jpg

13 minutes ago, programdirector said:

But surely there are no laws that generally prescribe what you can wear in Germany?  They are even pretty cool about wearing nothing at all.  

19 minutes ago, programdirector said:

Apples and oranges. Or do you think we should all be wearing Jack Wolfskin?

18 minutes ago, Allershausen said:

Like this lot you mean?

nuns_together.jpg

Excuse my ignorance Sir,

In the last 50 years, 
Have you ever seen a bunch of nuns blow up a mall or a school bus, throw a gay to his death from a roof top, stone women to death, choose a jihad way of life, educating their children to hate the "western world" (even while living and happily feeding from a western country), force their agenda by using violence and terror  etc.. etc.. ?

Now you should have a better perspective.

Just saying..

43 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What would the fun be in that?

7 minutes ago, Allershausen said:

Nuns have been responsible for some pretty terrible things.

Nuns. Nuns.

You are right, that's why I have said "In the last 50 years",

The Nazi regime have murdered 6+ million jews. But I will not judge their grand children since they are nothing like their ancestors, On the other hand Islamists never changed and will never be changed.

Well I can give you more examples but you get my point

4 hours ago, vmelchers said:

I used to be for individual freedoms but now I am for the ban.

I cannot be a feminist fighting for my right to equal pay, enjoy the Vagina monologues and admire Beyonce in a leotard and at the same time make an excuse for the burka / niqab knowing they are considered by many muslim women as a tool of opression. 

The West is getting a bit confused on this topic. Like if I am against the bikqab and burka I would be a racist. But that is not true.

In the women's march protests after Trump there were posters of a woman wearing an american flag as a Headscarf. Now that is confusion. Also the swedish women government officials wearing a headscarf in Iran was another mis-step in my opinion.

I am personally against allowing people to hide/cover their faces (including with tattoos) because of my own personal issues about public safety; however, to frame being against the burqa or niqab on feminist grounds smacks of postcolonial culturalism that flies in the face of modern intersectional feminism*. Feminists do not universally agree on this issue any more than they agree on the position of women in the Catholic church. It all comes down to choice. If a woman has a choice NOT to wear the damn thing, but chooses to do so, I support her choice. 

*My account has not been hacked by EI.

1 hour ago, LenkaG said:

German pediatricians and researchers from a centre for pain research were clearly against allowing ritual circumcision as they say doing this causes irreversible changes to little boys' brains. 

My understanding is that circuncision is quite common in America due to the influence of Jewish doctors in the post war, so that Jews could mix in the crowd if a new "hitler" would come... Just my idea, never researched it, but makes a lot of sense, as most of the pro-circuncision papers come from america.

5 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

My understanding is that circuncision is quite common in America due to the influence of Jewish doctors in the post war, so that Jews could mix in the crowd if a new "hitler" would come... Just my idea, never researched it, but makes a lot of sense, as most of the pro-circuncision papers come from america.

It predates that and is based on even more spurious logic and faulty science.

P.S. - There's a website called historyofcircumcision.net. Who knew?

12 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Actually It has nothing to do with influence of jewish doctors.

The main reason why many non-jews did this (and some still do) is due to medical reasons (possible infection of the covered area which can lead to serious health issues - I would not get into detail but you can research the net it's all there).

In current times the hygiene for most people is very high o it's less of a problem.