Bavaria plans burqa ban

522 posts in this topic

It will apply in public buildings (schools, hospitals, government buildings), but not in public spaces like in France, so tourists from Saudi Arabia and UAE will still be able to carry burqa. 

The law stipulates also „high security places“, but since airports and railway stations are federal property, Bavarian state law will not apply to them.

http://www.br.de/nachrichten/kabinett-burka-verbot-100.html

3 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

300 women in the whole of Germany wear the burqa.

Where did you get that info? I have seen 20 to 30 in one day in Munich and that is only in my area.

Granted, some may be tourists.

1 minute ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

And, this is allowed under Federal law? I mean, would it not go against any Federal law allowing freedom of religion/expression?

You mean Constitution. Yes, it forbids blanket ban French style. But schools and hospitals are already allowed to ban burqas in their Hausrecht citing security. So, this law will not change anything, but if there were schools allowing Burqas, they will have to ban it now.

Freedom of religion is hijab. Since there is nothing in islam which prescribed to wear burqa, you can't use this argument.

13 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Where did you get that info? I have seen 20 to 30 in one day in Munich and that is only in my area.

Granted, some may be tourists.

I think these are tourists. At least I've seen them in tourist places like Garmisch, heading by train to Munich then.

17 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I have seen 20 to 30 in one day in Munich

Burqas? Really? Not the niqab? Even the article from RF says that there are 300 niqab wearers in Germany and no evidence of burqas. I have also only ever seen the niqab here.

24 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

300 women in the whole of Germany wear the burqa.

This affects 0.0000375 % of the population.

Insider trading to Marijuana to DDT to human cloning to Sturgeon caviar to Euthanasia to Bermudan options are banned - no one gives a hoot.

Burkha banned - jumped up Libtards lose their non-existent mind !!

20 minutes ago, LenkaG said:

Burqas? Really? Not the niqab? Even the article from RF says that there are 300 niqab wearers in Germany and no evidence of burqas. I have also only ever seen the niqab here.

I see a couple of niqab in the street where I work and it is a non tourist area. I think that number is completely fake.

If it not, nobody should be worried about the law! In any case, ban that fucking women cage.

I also saw some burqas, but they were tourists.

20 minutes ago, LenkaG said:

I have occasionally seen a Burqa here, but more often Niqabs.  Not many of either though. The proposed restrictions in Bayern is for both Niqab and Burqa.

43 minutes ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

And, this is allowed under Federal law? I mean, would it not go against any Federal law allowing freedom of religion/expression?

Burqa and niqab are not a religious issue, they are a patriarch control measure that some muslims chose to enforce.

This ban is just an attempt to get votes.

Europe is finished anyway banning a few burqas will make f-all difference to its destruction.

24 minutes ago, LenkaG said:

The thingy which covers the whole face. I doubt the law will use exact Arabic description for that. Otherwise you are right, however German media use the term „burqa“ for some reason.

2 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Europe is finished anyway banning a few burqas will make f-all difference to its destruction.

EVEN MORE IN TURKEY BURQA IS BANNED IN GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS AND SCHOOLS ERDOGAN IS RULING THIS COUNTRY OH NO!!!!1111

Just now, yourkeau said:

EVEN MORE IN TURKEY BURQA IS BANNED IN GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS AND SCHOOLS ERDOGAN IS RULING THIS COUNTRY OH NO!!!!1111

What the f**k is wrong with you ?

3 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

The proposed restrictions in Bayern is for both Niqab and Burqas.

I did notice both of them were mentioned. I just think we need to differentiate because the burqa is more dangerous. Whatever I might think of the chador, niqab et al., precisely for the reason MikeMelga stated, it is the burqa that severely restricts wearers' peripheral vision and makes them a lot more vulnerable to attack.  

Thanks for the source, RF.

I see both. A lot of them are shopping a huge bio shop (Basic) close to my house which makes me think they aren't all tourists staying in hotels. Unless they are buying food to take home. Unlikely.

On another note, Madame La Pen refused to even put on a headscarf for a scheduled meeting in Lebanon with the top Sunni cleric. Why did she even plan the meeting?

When in Rome and all of that.

About eight African women in niqabs (long veil enclosing body, head, hair, tightly fitted around the face) spend the entire day in my local phone card shop.

They like to watch Musli preacher videos on the laptop in the evening in the store.

And guessing from the police cars cruising by and people watching from a distance, they are being monitored.

47 minutes ago, LenkaG said:

I did notice both of them were mentioned. I just think we need to differentiate because the burqa is more dangerous. Whatever I might think of the chador, niqab et al., precisely for the reason MikeMelga stated, it is the burqa that severely restricts wearers' peripheral vision and makes them a lot more vulnerable to attack.  

Burqa is used mainly in Afghanistan, niqab in Middle East. Why niqab is called burqa in Germany, I have no idea. But I will keep the title as it is because most people do not know the difference.

Also, the question to the audience: do you know how to it ice-cream in niqab? I have seen, how.

You are allowed to drive with a Niqab in EU, but not with a Burqa.  They are different.  Eating ice cream (or anything else) is clumsy with both.