Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dog sitting! Licenses and rules?

3 posts in this topic

I was just wondering what rules there are when it comes to dog sitting, i know its quite easy to do in the uk. I work part time so have a LOT of spare time and i was hoping to get dog sitting for people who need it in the area (close to military bases) 

What rules and licenses do i have to follow? Or can it be kept on the down low between 'friends'? i dont charge much at all its more just for my self so i dont get bored. 

I was a pet sitter in the UK, you're right, it's very easy.  Not so hard here either.  I registered here a few years ago though maybe the process is different now.  All I had to do is phone the local Gemeinde to ask where I can register a Gewerbeschein.  I made an appointment, paid roughly 35€ and was issued with a Gewerbeschein.  It's also a best to get business insurance specifically for pet carers to protect you should you be injured or should you break someone's Ming vase etc. I can't remember the insurance company though just google. It wasn't more that 100-200€ per year and could be cancelled at any time. 

Good luck