Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to spend 5 days in March?

3 posts in this topic

I still have 3 days of holidays from last year which we would spend somewhere in the south of Europe.

I checked some destinations which can be easily reached by plane from Frankfurt, Hahn or Baden-Baden.

I found the Algarve (Faro), however, since departure is 4:45 from Frankfurt, we are a little reluctant.

Ryanair flies from Baden-Baden to Bari and Trapani (Sicily) at 6PM and 20PM, which is less stressful for only 5 days.

We are thinking about going from the 15. to the 19th.

No Muslim country. We have been to Mallorca quite often in spring, so a different destination this year.

Any suggestions?

8 hours ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

I still have 3 days of holidays from last year which we would spend somewhere in the south of Europe.

I checked some destinations which can be easily reached by plane from Frankfurt, Hahn or Baden-Baden.

I found the Algarve (Faro), however, since departure is 4:45 from Frankfurt, we are a little reluctant.

Ryanair flies from Baden-Baden to Bari and Trapani (Sicily) at 6PM and 20PM, which is less stressful for only 5 days.

We are thinking about going from the 15. to the 19th.

No Muslim country. We have been to Mallorca quite often in spring, so a different destination this year.

Any suggestions?

It depends what you are looking for and what you want to see.

Italy can be nice, not too hot, not too many tourists, but some parts might be a little rainy at times.  Florence, Venice, Rome are all good choices but not if you want to sit on a beach.

Similar with Spain.  Barcelona, Madrid can be very nice that time of year, or you could be unlucky and have some rain and 12c like I did when I was in Madrid one March.  Although Barcelona would be less chance of this.

Malta also has good weather, and for a short break is OK.  It can be very humid in the summer, but early spring it can be really nice.

WE went to Sicily - Trapani. The flight was at 20pm from Baden, so we left Hd after work.

We stayed at the Victoria Hotel in Trapani -almost- in the middle of the town with a big public parking lot at the hotel.

The city was in walking distance, so no need to use a car to go to restaurants.

Temperatures were 16°C and a very cold wind! Trapani is in the very west of Sicily. 300km to the Etna.

I did not know that Sicily is that large. We visited some Greek temples, drove to a town on top of a montain and did some sightseeing in Trapani.

Four days are ok, but I would not recommend to stay longer.

Should you live in the Heidelberg area and have visitors from US who think Heidelberg is boring you could suggest spending some days in Sicily. In Spring and Autumn the hotels and air fares are fairly cheap. Forget to go in summer.