Matratze, mattress

8 posts in this topic

I used to have a pocket spring matress, the only thing better that that was a waterbed. but that would probably be above 500€.

I've done well with memory foam mattresses.

The Tempurpedic ones are crazy expensive, but there are cheaper clones like Sealy.

I was astonished when I recently got a very decent memory foam mattress from Ikea, of all places. It might not live as long as an expensive one (and Ikea firm = Tempurpedic medium), but a couple of years worth of good sleep for 200 Euros (for a single mattress, 90 cm wide) sounds like a very good deal.

RedMidge, which ones did you like? The one I mean was the "Matrand" model.

There's a heavier, more expensive memory foam model called "Myrbacka" (300,- for same size), too.

2 hours ago, Metall said:

RedMidge, which ones did you like? The one I mean was the "Matrand" model.

There's a heavier, more expensive memory foam model called "Myrbacka" (300,- for same size), too.

Thanks! I will check Ikea up. I have seen people rejected Ikea on other +-same topic; but i will check it out. 

18 hours ago, FreundlichM said:

Thanks! I will check Ikea up. I have seen people rejected Ikea on other +-same topic; but i will check it out. 

Yes, the cheaper thinner models (39,- for a single width mattress!) Ikea has been carrying for decades are not very good.

Only look at the top models in memory foam or latex - they have an area where you can lie down on them and try.

Are the memory foam mattresses anything like the memory foam pillows as far as heat retention is concerned?

I gave up on my memory foam pillow because its too hot for me - I literally get a "sweaty head" from it, which I otherwise only get from cheap synthetic pillows. But since the head/pillow area is where there is a lot of body heat lost, I never know it theres a technical difference between the memory foam pillows and mattresses.

Are the mattresses good at allowing your (sensitive) skin to breathe?