Switching Rechtsschutz between companies

7 posts in this topic

Folks, 

I am changing my legal insurance company from A to B as of 9.2..

There is a gap of 2 days in between. 

So, who is responsible for the stuff which happened let's say 4 months back?

Will company A still cover it?

Thanks a lot for your advice!

Did you send in the official letter of cancellation to the old insurer at least 3 months ago, kapil?

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

10 hours ago, kapil354 said:

Folks, 

I am changing my legal insurance company from A to B as of 9.2..

There is a gap of 2 days in between. 

So, who is responsible for the stuff which happened let's say 4 months back?

Will company A still cover it?

Thanks a lot for your advice!

Why not ask your broker/ insurance company, and get it in writing.

20 hours ago, john g. said:

Did you send in the official letter of cancellation to the old insurer at least 3 months ago, kapil?

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Thanks for responding John!
Yes I did. So, 9.2. is my last date of insurance with company A.

Hello all,

I have legal insurance from with a provider but I am not too happy with their service. Mostly because they almost always seem to either too slow or completely forget to respond to my queries. First I thought it was because I was emailing them, then last time I sent a proper letter by post (though not registered) and it's been several days and no response. It was even to ask them to add more Bausteine to my existing policy and take more money from me.

Anyway, I want to switch to another provider. My current provider can be canceled effectively from May of next year. I wouldn't mind getting the new insurance right now and paying double till then (we are thinking of buying a house soon, and I would like to have a solid legal insurance before getting into anything like that like if the Bauträger delays completion etc etc. ). So my question is :

1. If I have an existing on going claim with the current provider, and if I send my cancellation for May of next year, will the case have to conclude before then or with the Deckungszusage they have sent me, hold even if the case drags on past May.

2. Will the new provider hold me to the waiting period? I have been insured since May of 2018 with the existing provider.

Thanks very much!

Cheers.

Update: Apparently you cannot get a second legal insurance when the first one is still active.

The response from check24 dot de : Leider können Sie keinen weiteren Vertrag abschließen, da ansonsten eine Doppelversicherung besteht. Dies ist nicht möglich.