Funny observations from daily life situations

81 posts in this topic

Right then.

So, I’m sitting in the U-Bahn (outbound direction). At central station I see people running down the escalator with luggage and run for the U-Bahn as if their lives depend on it. They are relieved and happy that they made it. The U-Bahn departs. Once inside they look at the map exhausted and realize they go in the wrong direction. At the next stop they get out and wait for the U-Bahn going in the other inbound direction. I observe this almost every week.

What observations did you do on strange human behavior?

PS- This thread is not about refugees or politics. Cheers

Have you noticed how people on the S Bahn like to put their bags on the seat and subconsciously block others from sitting there, even when the train is full. They look a bit put when I ask if I can sit down. Here in our little town I also find it strange that none of the locals seem to be able to walk in a straight line, they all wander left than right or walk diagonally down the street.

1 minute ago, French bean said:

Have you noticed how people on the S Bahn like to put their bags on the seat and subconsciously block others from sitting there, ...

Some people block up to four seats with their bags, suitcase, coat, handbag, feet, freshly bought bouquet...

41 minutes ago, French bean said:

Here in our little town I also find it strange that none of the locals seem to be able to walk in a straight line, they all wander left than right or walk diagonally down the street.

We have that in Munich as well during Oktoberfest 😀.

43 minutes ago, Smaug said:

Some people block up to four seats with their bags, suitcase, coat, handbag, feet, freshly bought bouquet...

Yes, some people are like that. Sometimes I take an EC/ICE train and then somebody sits on my reserved seat with coffee, croissant and loads of luggage on the seat next to it. When I inform this person I reserved that seat, he/she is annoyed, because they made it really comfy for themselves: check the reservation display!!

1 hour ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Right then.

So, I’m sitting in the U-Bahn (outbound direction). At central station I see people running down the escalator with luggage and run for the U-Bahn as if their lives depend on it. They are relieved and happy that they made it. The U-Bahn departs. Once inside they look at the map exhausted and realize they go in the wrong direction. At the next stop they get out and wait for the U-Bahn going in the other inbound direction. I observe this almost every week.

What observations did you do on strange human behavior?

PS- This thread is not about refugees or politics. Cheers

Liar alert!

I've never done that before. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, French bean said:

Have you noticed how people on the S Bahn like to put their bags on the seat and subconsciously block others from sitting there, even when the train is full. They look a bit put when I ask if I can sit down. Here in our little town I also find it strange that none of the locals seem to be able to walk in a straight line, they all wander left than right or walk diagonally down the street.

in your little town? not Munich? where do you live?  In Munich people cant walk in a strait line too!  

plus they always bump into me, they come to me fired  from various directions zigzagging with the predictability of a fly on acid!!!:P

its impossible to avoid them.  

Years of playing space games avoiding asteroids where not enough to prepare me for Germany.(Munich) 

plus there is always someone walking 1 cm behind me, almost touching my ass...:huh:

they are like shadows. they are always attached to you. ...yep, they are humans shadows. 

i usually stop on purpose, and they bump into me...and i have a backpack...i am sure its not soft ...hehehe ...:P

.i like personal space!   so like that,  i teach people to walk with a safe distance !  

CARS DO IT ! !  why so hard for people to do it...??

---> maybe it needs to be informed in those infoscreens that are inside the Munich/ubahn , where the Münchner Kindl teaches people to behave:

---> no feet in the sits. 

---> no eating food in the ubahn

---> give seat for the eldery and pregnant woman (THEY SHOULD REPEAT THIS ONE EVERY TWO MINUTES, PEOPLE DONT GET IT TILL NOW:huh:

plus, typical is also when there is nobody  waiting the ubahn platform  always comes some strange dude and stops maximum 90 cm from me. 

i mean there is the hole F **** platform .. or there are people there and i cant see them ?

another one: why people entering in the Ubahn stay in the doors ,and almost never go to the middle between doors where the sits are. ?

THEY SHOULD  TEACH  THIS  THE INFOSCREENS TOO!!! i have to write to mvg (i will send them a book  of how to be classy and socially correct)  

plus they never make the effort to let one in ...(ok sometimes they do, specially girls ).

---> an now the best one, i saw this week, a guy shiting in the platform. (during day time) .and people were walking like it was nothing...(was a pretty empty ubahn station..--but still..)

..was this enough human behavior :P

You forgot about the people who always sneak from one wagon to the other with each stop moving forward. I don't see the point of doing this.

7 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

You forgot about the people who always sneak from one wagon to the other with each stop moving forward. I don't see the point of doing this.

To get to the end of the train that's closer to their preferred station exit at their destination. They reached this train in the nick of time so they couldn't board their desired car.

13 minutes ago, Smaug said:

To get to the end of the train that's closer to their preferred station exit at their destination. They reached this train in the nick of time so they couldn't board their desired car.

Yes, but I find it too much hassle to gain just 1-2 minutes in the end. Similar to people who run to the U-Bahn as if their lives depend on it and force the door open with all the power they have. I just simply wait for 5 minutes. No stress.

8 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Yes, but I find it too much hassle to gain just 1-2 minutes in the end.

I admit i do it sometimes, as I do have to catch a bus after reaching my stop. The U-Bahn comes usually just in nick of time and if i miss the bus, then I have to wait for 20 mins for the next one to come-by!

When people don't let other passengers off the train before getting on and you tell them to do so they often look surprised.

Pet hate of mine is when you're in McDonalds (or whichever hipster cafe some of you go to) and people wait in the queue for 5 mins then when they get to the front they then decide to look at the menu board and decide what they want for the next 5 mins.

doors: no courtesy shown to the ladies to go first (even German girls complained about it). no "please after you. no, after you" attitude. peple just plunder heads in (similar to changing queue when a new check out opens at the supermarket). people open just one door of the U-bahn train and then struggle to board through it. this gets on my nerves every single time. it basically says "I'm an egoist". after boarding everybody just seem to stop in front of the door instead of advancing on the corridor or trying to find a seat. 

People being very fussy about the source of the food they eat, all must be bio, etc. And then they smoke.

Germans are more pragmatic but then they take it to the extreme sometimes. Like when they have family members being in surgery in the hospital but they continue their normal life, go to work, etc. When you ask them why they are not in the hospital they say it wouldn't change anything.

People who park next to my car in an empty car park, thus making it more difficult for both of us to open our doors fully, which makes it more difficult to get in or out. Do they think their car is going to get lonely if they park a few spaces away from another car? This happens everywhere, not just in Germany and it annoys the hell out of me!

1 hour ago, mannes said:

doors: no courtesy shown to the ladies to go first (even German girls complained about it). no "please after you. no, after you" attitude. peple just plunder heads in (similar to changing queue when a new check out opens at the supermarket). people open just one door of the U-bahn train and then struggle to board through it. this gets on my nerves every single time. it basically says "I'm an egoist". after boarding everybody just seem to stop in front of the door instead of advancing on the corridor or trying to find a seat. 

50 minutes ago, Krieg said:

People being very fussy about the source of the food they eat, all must be bio, etc. And then they smoke.

Germans are more pragmatic but then they take it to the extreme sometimes. Like when they have family members being in surgery in the hospital but they continue their normal life, go to work, etc. When you ask them why they are not in the hospital they say it wouldn't change anything.

Both observations confirm to me that the Germans have never had to suffer for any greater good. The entire culture is a "me first" one.