Mountain bike group / Sat 06.Mai.2017 10am Trainingstour Fröttmaninger Berg

23 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am going to buy my first mountain bike and hoping to alternate between hiking and mountain trips starting Spring 2017.

I didn't see any active topics for mountain bike. I am searching people interested by going on trails for beginners at first, then augmenting the difficulty as the year advances.

Any advice about equipment, trails, etc are more than welcome.

Greetings,

Coraly

Yep, mountain bike threads seem to be dead so thanks for starting this. Did you buy the bike yet? What did you get?

I'm also keen to meet up with people, don't care about abilities but must be good craic (up for a laugh and not so serious!!) and up for actual mountainbiking (eventually) - not just fireroads and gravel! (What do you mean by difficulty Coraly?)
I have an enduro bike so that's what i'm keen on - and have been to a few of the bike parks.  I know the Isar trails relatively well and have done bits and pieces in the alps - happy to show people what I know. Plenty more of the same this summer.

Drop me a line if any of you want to get out.

You could also try this club https://mtb-club-muenchen.de/

Buy / steal / beg copies of the Moser Bike guides. We lived off them in the Alps. ll levels.

If you get on the train to Holzkirchen, there's a fantastic place Taubenberg south of the town. Awesome views of the Alps. Our new hunting ground is the Zellerwald near us though. Sadly I am simply unfit for biking yet, so am laid up.

Ahh ok, I wasn't sure if you meant elevation/length or actual trail difficulties i.e. obstacles etc.

Isar trails are perfect for starting - happy to show you when you get the new shiny bike, that said, You really cant go wrong, cycle up the right bank (river right is better I think) and when you see a trail going into the trees just follow!

Have a look at the tourist centre websites for places you want to go - Garmisch is fantastic - http://www.gapa.de/tourenplaner/ but they all have them. If you get into it download the "strava app" too - it tracks you when you ride etc but you can also find trails using it.

I have a Sunnto sportwatch which is tracking me already;) Thanks for the tip, I'll write you as soon as I have the bike, I am sure I can use a guide.

Hi,if you organize some trip around Munich or in the Alps,I would love to join you guys. I prefer to ride single trails, doesn't have to be very difficult up to S2. I also try to go once a week Isar Süd after work.

Jan

Hey guys.  I know alot of routes in south bavaria. I use an app called ViewRangerGPS, its one of the few that actually works w minimum of BS. :) U can upload routes to it n stuff. As far as routes go, I bought a book called Das Mountainbike Buch by J. Kiermeier (obviously in german) which has great routes, starting from easy and ending in advanced difficult ones. It even has a CD with gps routes you can upload to the aforementioned app.  Its great.  Anyway, there is a great route for beginners, from Eschenlohe thru a valley, along a river, to Walchensee. Its absolutely herrlich, anyone know it?  It is my sentimental fave cuz it was the first good route I found and was the one that unleashed my passion for mountain biking. :)  Its a great sport, welcome to it Coraly.   If anyone wants to plan a trip do this route, let me know. I have a combi (aka station wagon, english say saloon or something?) so can carry 2-3 bikes.  BTW, about me. I can cover fairly advanced stuff (former street rider and enduro motorbike racer). But my conditioning is still on the comeback trail from serious illness about a year ago. Anyway, I give it hell and LOVE the sport. :) Oh, one last thing: I am NOT an early morning person, so dont expect me to be up and out at 8am ;) 

regards,  Jonathan 

Hi! I got to recommend this apps its great I use them a lot,I do not get any kick back or anything outta this just i think they're good.

Komoot and Outdooractive, from play store.

Good luck and fun riding!

i have a couple track but they are north of you, they have tons down in your neck of the woods. 

Hi everyone,

I'm really happy to see enthusiastic people! Following up on my previous message: I just ordered my bike today. I should receive it in the upcoming week or so. I'll see to organize a get together then :lol:

Anybody keen for this weekend? Saturday looks the best weather wise?! Perhaps on the route suggested by goodjon?!

Hi all! The German Alpine Club (Deutsche Alpenverein, or DAV) in Munich has a Mountain Biking group. I have been in Germany for four years, and started doing a lot of tours with the DAV, even without speaking German. And now there is an International Mountaineering Group (IMG) in Munich that is English-speaking. Check out the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/IMGmunich/. They are working hard to get all the important information and documents translated into English. You could join DAV through that group, and then slowly transition over to the mountain biking group as you like. Just an idea...

Also, if you guys don't have the app yet Outdooraktiv app on your phones yet, get it! You can find any kind of tour that is close to wherever you are!

Also, Coraly, I took a course through the DAV Summit Club on Mountain Biking for beginners. It was a 3-day course, and I found it to be invaluable! I was in the all women's group! And, congrats on ordering your bike!!!

Hello,

Delivery arrived today and I'll go pick up the bike tonight after work. I am ok for Saturday!

@mtnbri: I saw the beginners' course after the fact and sadly they did a single occurrence for it So... missed

Hello everyone,

Weather looks nice on Saturday. I propose to meet at 14.00 at the Chinesischer Turm (next to the bus station to have an easy meeting point).

04.png

Yep Saturday sounds good, perhaps its easier to form a whatsapp group in case anything changes last minute..

Ehh the Chinese Tower is quite away from the trails I know... and 1400 is pretty late..

What about at the Tierparkstraße bridge at 11...that way we can go for a beer afterwards in the sun maybes?!

Patrick

I chose the Chinesischer Turm as it is a central location and easy for a bunch of bikes to meet. But I'm ok to change and make it more practical for the trails.

Meeting point changed to East entrance of the Tierpark-bridge, 11am.

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was great, we met with PatrickP and I got my first MTB experience. There was some "Mayday! Mayday!" moments, but overall, it was fun!

Let's do that again after Easter!

Next MTB meeting:

Date: 22.04.2017

Time: TBD

Meeting point: TBD

Hello,

This weekend is the "M-net SattelFest - Das Münchner Radsportfestival"

Let's meet there for our 2nd meeting. We can stroll the festival, then go on a ride together.

Date: 22.04.2017

Time: 10am

Meeting point: Olympia park - East entrance (intersection of Lerchenauer Str & Birnauer Str.)

1) Coraly

2)

3)

4)

5)