will i go to jail ? Prescription drugs

31 posts in this topic

Dear all

I ordered some pregnenolone from amazon.de to help me with the stress and joint pain

I got after a while a letter from the custom office that my transport was seized in route from USA and that is illegal to order this product on internet

I had no idea that the seller was from USA and I thought that since the vitamin is on amazon.de is ok to order it

Will I go to jail ?Did you hear someone going to jail for this ?

It says

"Die Zollstellen wirken bei der Uberwachungs der Verbringens von Arzneimitteln in den Geltungsbereich des AMG mit"

In jedem Fall erhalten Sie ausreichend Gelegenheit , sich zu aussern und Ihre Rechte yu wahren. Einr Verjahrung tritt erst nach Ablauf von Zwei Jahren ein

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

It is sold all over Amazon.de.

No, you won't go to jail.

Could you please tell me what the text means ? google translate is shit lol

The incomplete quote you posted does not say you are going to jail. It is very incomplete.

Are you learning German yet? It seems all of your posts are about German that you don't understand.

Why don't you talk to Amazon - the people to whom you gave your money?

No, you won't go to jail. They even confiscate aspirin coming from abroad. Worst case scenario they'll invite you for an interview at the zoll and ask you to sign this or that or the other as a means to scare you into not doing that again. They do that sometimes if they find anabolic steroids or similar (controlled but not narcotic) substances address to you, but for  pregnenolone I'd be very surprised if they did.

Is there a form attached to the letter that they are asking you to fill in and return? If there isn't that'll probably be the last you hear of it.

I has to go to the Zollamt and answer questions about some Asorbine Jr I had ordered from the States. They weren't sure what it was and told me not to order it anymore. They did let me take it with me. I found out later it is sold in Germany. 

There must be a § in the AMG about bringIng in otc meds from non-EU countries but I don't want to get a headache looking for it.

On 28.1.2017, 16:19:51, TraceKira said:

I had no idea that the seller was from USA and I thought that since the vitamin is on amazon.de is ok to order it

Assumption makes sense, but... I looked it for you and found this:

https://www.amazon.de/Pregnenolone-50-mg-100-capsules/dp/B0002D3890/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485786773&sr=8-1&keywords=pregnenolon

It says „Versand durch Amazon“, which means that it is sent from Germany directly from Amazon warehouse and there will be no problem with customs. For your safety, always check this when ordering anything medical or something.

On 28.1.2017, 16:19:51, TraceKira said:

Will I go to jail ?Did you hear someone going to jail for this ?

Nope, this is not a cocaine after all. If you ordered in small quantity, it will be confiscated and that's it.

On 28.1.2017, 18:13:07, trr said:

There must be a § in the AMG about bringIng in otc meds from non-EU countries but I don't want to get a headache looking for it.

It says that you can bring any „travel medication“ from your home country which you usually take when traveling. Since ordering from the Internet is not travel, this doesn't apply.

The letter states that your medicine, after an enquiry, has been confiscated. That's it.

And if you want the medicine, you need to let them know with a month.

No jail time for ordering painkillers. ;)

You were informed by the customs office in Saarbrücken that a package sent to you from outside the EEA was suspected of violating drug law §73. It had been sent to the Landesamt für Soziales bla bla to check. The check has revealed that the prognenlone cannot be imported. It can also not be exported again so it has been confiscated and will be destroyed. 

You can appeal  within a month. 

I wouldn't recommend you get a lawyer unless things get ugly down the line. 

I once received a similar letter because my ex-roommate ordered a shitload of steriods and had his as well as my name put in the package (to make sure the mailman found the postbox [how cool is that?]). As it happens, they went after me, instead of him, maybe because by the time the letters from the authorities started to come he had already taken off to the other side of the planet and had deregistered from my address.

Anyway, I decided I wasn't going to rat him out and I was going to face the music and play dumb. At the end of the day, it was a package addressed to me and him and there was no proof anywhere that I had ordered it or that it had been in my possession, so I didn't think they had much of a case.

At some point I got an invitation to go to the Zoll, to explain myself. I went there and I played dumb saying I didn't know anything about it. Only at the end of the interview they did ask "what's this other name on the package?". I told them it was my ex-roommate and that I had no idea if he was involved. They seemed uninterested and never asked for his address or phone number.

At some point later on I got a letter from the district attorney saying that importing medicines was a misdemeanor (Ordunungswidrigkeit). No penalty or fine was specified and there were no repercussions. That was it.

Okay, so the short and the long of it is that they are going to destroy your drugs, and you cannot have them.

But, since you tried to import them, you have commited a minor crime, for which they will accept a bank transfer of €50, if you agree that you tried to import them.

If you do not agree, and are not willing to pay the €50, they want you to fill out the form with your version of the story, including your monthly earnings.

Personally, I would pay the €50 and be done with it, but then, it's up to you.

Have yuo contacted Amazon yet?

10 minutes ago, TraceKira said:

Hi Robinson. Thanx for the response . How do i pay the money ? I have online banking ...

You make the transfer of funds to the IBAN on the second page, using the Buchungsstelle number as your reference.