Former girlfriend going out with colleague

175 posts in this topic

Good luck proving "harm". If breaking up with boyfriends was a litigious matter, I would have spend months in court.

I truly am sorry you are taking this so hard. Is your psychologist suggesting you sue her?

Just now, Toy said:

Not for that but I definitely can sue for inappropriate post, and be sure  IP and all info who is using the profile is very easy to obtain!

See you in court then. :D

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Good luck proving "harm". If breaking up with boyfriends was a litigious matter, I would have spend months in court.

I truly am sorry you are taking this so hard. Is your psychologist suggesting you sue her?

Normally I do not, I have separated with girlfriends but I do not care about it.

But when this girl flirted in front of me and exchanged contacts with him to make me angry and I have to work with this colleague this is very annoying and disturbing

the psychologist is recommending to quit that job and find new one

about suing psychologist does not know much, that is why I am in need of lawyer consultation

11 minutes ago, Toy said:

If I make some harm to you and you have to lose job and money because of that you can sue me and I must pay you back the money.

why you post on legal topic if you do not know such basic things ? !

Concerning "knowing basic things": It always takes two to do the tango...

If you make a plan that includes another individual, it is not sufficient that you like said plan. She decided to say "No" to your plan (Which is sufficient to void your plan), and to say "Yes" to that other bloke. What do you want to sue her for? What's the name of that crime? Not "obeying the master", treason or what?

3 minutes ago, franklan said:

Concerning "knowing basic things": It always takes two to do the tango...

If you make a plan that includes another individual, it is not sufficient that you like said plan. She decided to say "No" to your plan (Which is sufficient to void your plan), and to say "Yes" to that other bloke. What do you want to sue her for? What's the name of that crime? Not "obeying the master", treason or what?

just one example from google search, I guess lawyers can suggest better ones

https://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=sue%20emotional%20distress%20uk

Just now, Allershausen said:

Your profile doesn't tell us your age, but are you sure you're old enough to be at work? :unsure:

complete offtopic, please moderator delete this post

4 minutes ago, klubbnika said:

And what if the lawyers suggest something that you won't like?

Perhaps he could sue them.

5 minutes ago, Toy said:

complete offtopic, please moderator delete this post

Nope, won't happen, I just instructed them not to do so (by high priority PM).

Seems to me you should be grateful that your colleague took her off your hands. Maybe he can sue you for false advertising. You know that she was worth dating in the first place.

20 minutes ago, Toy said:

But when this girl flirted in front of me and exchanged contacts with him to make me angry

What if you weren't the center of her universe and she simply gave him her contact number because she wanted to?

If she only did it to make you angry, she wouldn't still be with him.

Get it?

She's just not into you any more.

Flirting with your colleague in front of you? Horrible, Horrible !

But I think you should not sue her, just focus on finding better girl who will respect you.

p.s reading some comments, can you people  give some advice to person who seems so much angry instead of criticizing him?

because if he goes now and shoots both of them you will be somehow guilty, and this happened many times (at least in the US as I know)

19 minutes ago, programdirector said:

Seems to me you should be grateful that your colleague took her off your hands. Maybe he can sue you for false advertising. You know that she was worth dating in the first place.

I am not sure what do you mean 

13 minutes ago, alien7 said:

p.s reading some comments, can you people  give some advice to person who seems so much angry instead of criticizing him?

because if he goes now and shoots both of them you will be somehow guilty, and this happened many times (at least in the US as I know)

We are not responsible for the actions of another adult. Although whether the OP is actually an adult is a matter of some doubt.

19 minutes ago, alien7 said:

can you people  give some advice to person who seems so much angry instead of criticizing him?

My advice would be for him to work through his issues (possibly abandonment) with his psychologist so that this doesn't happen again.

I get that he is butthurt and angry. Finding constructive ways to deal with it would be the best advice.

I'm not a lawyer and I'm not German but if you managed to sue anyone on an emotional hurt basis, that would have to be some form of a reparation case. For these kinds of cases, there doesn't have to be a crime involved. Even a "fault" is not necessary. However, one needs to have violated a "responsibility." Otherwise, the grounds for a case doesn't exist. Your girlfriend or ex-girlfriend has no responsibility as such toward you. Even if she did this on purpose to "hurt" you, protecting your mental/emotional health is not her responsibility in law and this isn't an abuse case, either - the problems did not even occur when you were together. 

I can see you are hurt and I hope you overcome this soon. 

But law is to establish justice. When your feelings are so strong this way, it kind of seems that your motive at the moment is not to have justice repaired but more of a revenge through law. Lawyers make not like this. I'm not one to judge you. These are very common feelings when we feel betrayed. Please give yourself some time to heal before you take action for your own benefit. And know that probably noone at work is laughing at you or anything. These things happen a lot, and others don't care about them as much as we may think they are.