Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 p.m. Rathaus to US consulate march.

21 posts in this topic

Dems abroad:

 

On January 20th Americans the world over and across the political spectrum will be marking the inauguration of the 45th president of the United States—many of them deeply concerned that some of our core values are under threat.

In Hamburg, we will be showing our solidarity with Americans at home and letting our next government know that we are unequivocally committed to civil discourse, the rule of law, and the well-being of all citizens of the United States and the planet with a peaceful, non-violent march and vigil.

If you are an American citizen living in northern Germany, please join us! We encourage you to bring candles and posters bearing any of the following approved slogans: No Human is Illegal; Women’s Rights are Human Rights; Black Lives Matter; Science is Real; Love is Love; Kindness is Everything, or any other positive message of support for humane and democratic principles.

The march will conclude with a short vigil and information on how you can become active in preserving American democracy. Come rain or shine! If you have any questions, please contact DAG-Hamburg@DemocratsAbroad.org

Please send this invitation on to any other Americans who might be interested in taking part. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, January 21st !

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. I am bad at judging numbers but it was several hundred.

 

Oh NOOOOOO...somebody is negging my opinion. Not my behavior...but my opinion...what to do what to do...

 

NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT MY PRESIDENT!NOT MY PRESIDENT!

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tor said:

Dems abroad:

 

On January 20th Americans the world over and across the political spectrum will be marking the inauguration of the 45th president of the United States—many of them deeply concerned that some of our core values are under threat.

In Hamburg, we will be showing our solidarity with Americans at home and letting our next government know that we are unequivocally committed to civil discourse, the rule of law, and the well-being of all citizens of the United States and the planet with a peaceful, non-violent march and vigil.

If you are an American citizen living in northern Germany, please join us! We encourage you to bring candles and posters bearing any of the following approved slogans: No Human is Illegal; Women’s Rights are Human Rights; Black Lives Matter; Science is Real; Love is Love; Kindness is Everything, or any other positive message of support for humane and democratic principles.

The march will conclude with a short vigil and information on how you can become active in preserving American democracy. Come rain or shine! If you have any questions, please contact DAG-Hamburg@DemocratsAbroad.org

Please send this invitation on to any other Americans who might be interested in taking part. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, January 21st !

Greets Tor! All is good re what you write and want.( I like the Kindness is Everything..that´s cool!:rolleyes: ).just one little issue I have..." any of the approved slogans "...approved by whom? I think I´m an extremist...don´t want any controlled thoughts....approved slogans....

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they are basing the 500K figure on the cummulative protests worldwide and looking at the yuuuuge turnouts in DC, Chicago etc. I tend to believe it.

 

Tor, you are one of my fav members here and I enjoy your posts and wit (I believe I saw you on one of those dinner shows??)

I don't entirely agree with all aspects of these protests, I accept it as part of the democratic process which ensures our freedom.

Although I don't agree with statements like ,"notmypresident" I would fight to the death to defend the right to say it. As your fellow American of course.

 

and for the record as I have said and find my myself repeating more and more lately...

Bernie got my vote :rolleyes:

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, tor. Close to Hamburg. Friend of a Nicole  family member.  I´m booking a flight for February..hopefully can sort it out tomorrow ( a torture for an old man like me..flight is 6.30 am and airport is 90 minutes from here and you have to check  in ages before and it´s bloody tiring and there are no direct flights...)..and I love the puppy but she needs a long term home. I will cry.

 

Tor: hope we can meet up and maybe some other friends and would of course invite you for a meal, drinks , whatever. I´ll call you before I come and hope we can meet up, babe.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok. happy for the puppy! yes, let's meet up when you are back in town.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, tor said:

yeah, we laughed at that a little too.

 

neg this, bitch!

So much for "women's right are human rights " then.... ;)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Puppy Perla sends kisses to all Democrats, tor! Live " I love Americans " picture! Well, she has just asked me to question her civil rights! To be EXACT:  This f....g English guy hasn´t fed me tonight? Because of some  " political demo somewhere in Human Land ? " " He must be a Fascist ! " 

 

 

IMG_6639.jpg

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a crying shame what's happening in our country at the moment, the divisiveness, vitriol and pure hate.
Friends, family and acquaintances back home reporting the country tearing itself apart. Feels guilty watching it all from afar.
Certainly not the ideals my grandparents who immigrated to the U.S. envisioned, what my Uncle fought and died for.

 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, john g. said:

Yes, tor. Close to Hamburg. Friend of a Nicole´s  family member.  I´m booking a flight for February..hopefully can sort it out tomorrow ( a torture for an old man like me..flight is 6.30 am and airport is 90 minutes from here and you have to check  in ages before and it´s bloody tiring and there are no direct flights...)..and I love the puppy but she needs a long term home. I will cry.

 

Tor: hope we can meet up and maybe some other friends and would of course invite you for a meal, drinks , whatever. I´ll call you before I come and hope we can meet up, babe.

 

So happy for Perla!

 

BTW, @Tor, she is what you call a "bitch". ;)

Very very cute.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, john g. said:

Puppy Perla sends kisses to all Democrats, tor! Live " I love Americans " picture! Well, she has just asked me to question her civil rights! To be EXACT:  This f...g English guy hasn´t fed me tonight? Because of some  " political demo somewhere in Human Land ? " " He must be a Fascist ! " 

 

 

IMG_6639.jpg

OMG! I love when they curl up in a ball like that.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, klubbnika said:

OMG! I love when they curl up in a ball like that.

 

Well then...here's another. Allow me to introduce Herr Doktor Freiherr von und zu Hugglesworth

20170121_203206.jpg.7166bbaf73508cf41ce1

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0