Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to buy catnip in Munich

21 posts in this topic

My kitty daffy is very poorly, not sure how long he has left... he is listless, not eating, not drinking. Been to the vet 3 times this week. I have read that catnip can get a cat eating (sort of like the munchies perhaps) but I tried my local Fressnapf (Pasing) to no avail.

Any suggestions on where I might get some? I could order it from ebay but I don´t think he has that long left the way things are... :-( :-( :-( :-(

Try some take-away roast chicken (the greasier and stronger smelling the better, they especially like the skin) from Rewe, the bigger Rewe have it around noon (but also, for example, the small Rewe im Tal).

It costs 2.50€ for half a roast chicken.

This roast chicken smelled delicious enough to tempt the neighbours' 18 year old cat when the neighbours had left on their summer holiday and he had suddenly stopped eating, driving the aunt they had left to take care of the cats to distraction since he was getting thinner by the hour.

When the neighbours got back, he had even gained weight compared to the weight he had had when they left - but from then he turned up his nose at standard cat food and always came over to beg for chicken, so apparently we had spoiled his appetite for anything else.

But at least he was alive...

I know it's not healthy food for a cat, but it did do the trick of getting him to eat again.

Have you got a large Dehner near you?

I don't know if they have it, I'll check, but there's a large one here in Erding with a substantial pet dep't where I get loads of things for my two.

Favourite food of the moment is Leonardo beef although Kangaroo comes a close second.

I've only ever seen these so far at this Dehner.

Thank you Panda,

we have been getting chicken breasts and boiling them up - he gets the meat and a some broth... he nibbles but never gets really stuck in . I certainly try your roast chicken idea.

Malt-Teaser,

thanks for your suggestion. We have one out at Germering.I have just found a place on Landsberger Str which is a little nearer - but if that fails to deliver I will check it out.

Cheers, Taff

Dehner in Germering stocks it and I think Hundemaxx/Katzenmaxx on the Bodenseestraße has it too.

On 19/01/2017, 23:32:27, Malt-Teaser said:

Hope you get it sorted now Taffy, glad also to help.

Thank you Malt. Sadly our little boy did not make it. We are heartbroken  Image may contain: cat and indoor

32 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Oh no, that's terrible. Sorry for your loss, Taff. He's beautiful.

That was taken a few months back. Today when the vet came he was just skin and bone. 5 minutes before he came, Daffy had the biggest puke I have ever seen him do... all the food and liquids we had been getting into him over the last few days... he just could not process anything.  If ever there was a sign that it was time and that we were doing the best thing for our boy, it was this. It is some small solace that our boy is not suffering anymore.

People may scoff and say "its just a cat" - but we don´t have kids - will never have kids... sounds silly but Daffy was like a child for us.

On the positive side, it is very likely that Daffy will get reincarnated into a fluffy kitten waiting for you to adopt him. :)