Do you like living in Germany?

584 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

Do you have any vocational skills as a hobby or interest?

I am not really an expert in this field, however.  You should talk to an advisor through the web page that you linked to.  

Yah, mechanics, electrics & electronics are my interests. I liked physics in my high school. Any field related to these can be of a choice.

Well, I really appreciate it with all the information you’ve provided me. This only is of a big help. I hope I didn’t tire you. I will seek for more information of the web.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Rommie said:

I can’t answer that. I have a life too. (I know what you mean)

Well, am really working on the language; as I can see, it’s everywhere.

Then come up with a good story.  Don't lie, though (Germans are very good at seeing throught that).  For example, what you just told me - that there is a lack of good practical education in your country and you went into statistics, but you really want to work with your hands and you have this hobby and that work experience and this relative who you admire who works in that field plus you admire "Made in Germany" and want to learn from the best etc. etc.  

On 4/10/2020, 8:15:47, Keleth said:

So you have kids who live the first 16-18 years of their life in a low income household who then get "free" college and you have kids who live the first 16-18 years in a middle class household who have to pay and they`re getting screwed.

Over 50% of college graduates come from families in the top 20% of earners.

14% come from low income families.

?

The middle class pays most of the taxes and doesn't really earn enough to pay up to $100k in tuition. News for you! The kids get out of school in debt and never get out of it. Why should low income kids get free education?  What did they do to deserve it. Now if someone goes into medicine or engineering, I have no problem with free education for everyone. The problem is, is that most of them take liberal arts courses that will not get a real job that pays back the $100k in debt they racked up. That applies to both sides.

In Germany, it is not illegal to have an affair with your therapist.

Think about that.