Price of used household items

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a question about pricing used items. I'm leaving Germany in a month or two, and will be placing my stuff for sale here, at work, on ebay etc. I was wondering if there is any sort of unofficial pricing rule here in Germany. I was considering giving them half price from what I got them, but someone told me you sell at half price if the item is a year old, and mine are all about 4 years to 4,5 years old. 

Basically, it's all good stuff in good state, anything that isn't I'm either going to be throwing out or giving for free. 

Thanks in advance!

If you really want to get rid of it start at half. No bites after a couple of day, take more off of the price.  If you are selling clothes I'd definitely start with a bigger discount than 50%. That kind of discount you can get new on sale.  

Hi both,

thanks, that's what I was thinking, suggest a starting point around 50%, and be flexible. In the end, I simply don't want to have to throw them out... it'd be a waste, it's good stuff. I'm talking more about big things, like furniture, the kitchen and appliances and so on. I tried selling DVDs and books at 1-2 euros each, but doesn't look like there's interest. And clothes, I'll just give them to a charity shop.

For DVDs and books if you want to make a little money off of them I'd recommend Momox. You get a little money (and I mean a little) and there is no dealing with random buyers.