3rd party liability once again - Yes, you need it

31 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

I normally don't give sales advice, but you must use real-life examples when you deal with young people. For example, you go out with some girlfriends on binge drinking and then you go to your friends' place and puke all over her carpet and you scratch her parquet with your high heels from Jimmy Choo, because you're so wasted. Insurance sold :).

Agree!;) But if the bank account isn´t in plus when the insurance company comes grabbing!!! German-style exchange of correspondence and the youngsters ignore it for a few months!:lol:

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Yes, the reality for a lot of us older sorts is we are really effectively insuring our assets or future income.    That's why I really have it.   Not gonna give up assets or income I've worked for because of a random bad moment.   Even just the policy possibly helps vastly.  That famous film moment where (I think) Whoopie Goldberg deliberately drives into a young woman's car and say "oh dear...older than you...better insurance..." (Artistic licence very much, but the point about the protection of coverage is there).

Last time I activated a claim when I collided on my bike with stationary car, an inspector came to see the bike but that was it.  I don't know why, because obviously I was not going to asking.  (Maybe in a non-parking area, maybe the very young man had insufficient insurance, no idea).    But simply having that insurance means the process will be transparent and robust, and "two-sided", and less personal with the other party, and you should get support.   As it should be. We've paid to transfer the risk. Insurer has that now.

I think it's one of the best value insurances just because the potential worst impact is so high.  (I don't see, say, contents insurances as anything like as good VFM - at least as expensive for me and I will never ever have a 5 mill+ liability, only a tiny fraction, but the probability - of losing valuables etc - would be higher I guess).   It's tax deductible of course and so the net cost is even less to many of us.

Blimey, swimmer! You do write in a slightly complicated way!

Hauptsache: young people need " fatherly support "...I provide grandfatherly support! So not sure if that works!!!:lol:

( I asked my daughter about her Italian flatmate.." I would love an Italian son-in-law,  babe ! " (just joking )

She: " he´s gay, Dad "

I sent my smilies and then went back to swimmer´s post.. erm, swimmer: what´s VFM ?:lol:

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

We didn't know we needed Haftpflichtversicherung until we needed it.  Have foresight - get it before you need it.

13 hours ago, john g. said:

Blimey, swimmer! You do write in a slightly complicated way!

Ah, you find this as well? I thought it was just me, but you are a native speaker :).

24 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Ah, you find this as well? I thought it was just me, but you are a native speaker :).

Same here.

Swimmer is a great guy (or girl?). But I don't understand what he writes.

8 hours ago, katheliz said:

We didn't know we needed Haftpflichtversicherung until we needed it.  Have foresight - get it before you need it.

And I did!

John G. patiently explained things until I truly understood (the insurance lingo, not the German ;) ) and showed me alternative packages.

On 9/24/2018, 12:19:17, Gambatte said:

Same here.

Swimmer is a great guy (or girl?). But I don't understand what he writes.

:lol:

Swimmer is female! I don´t know whether she´d like to  be called a great girl, woman, lady or whatever..terrified male here..(am I allowed to call myself male or is that PC or non-PC or whatever? Or non-gender fluid or whatever? ). Only have one loo in the office...can I use it without the PC policeman visit? (Otherwise known as the PC PC ).;)

Yes :lol:.  Thinking after those earlier posts, I  concluded it was probably here - all those years ago - that I first discovered Haptpflichtversicherung thanks to John and Starshollow and anyone else here way back then :).     That must be almost 10 years ago now but I can't remember another way I would have got to know about it.  (Don't recall family member etc mentioning it among the many things when I set up, and I have quite good recall of what they did, like the tax forms). 

That claim I mentioned was also really ages ago now, pre-2010.  Never needed to go near the policy since.

My current aim is to synchronise the timing of my policies more, in order to reduce review / update process.   They are currently dotted all over the year. Only health is 1 Jan.   And possibly even to reduce the number of different providers, even if it costs a little more overall.

It´s worth contacting your insurance company or agent or whatever to check whether your contracts are up to date, swimmer. So much new stuff these days.

I remember signing up for a private accident insurance c 1993 or whenever ( and I still have it )..it was the first to include an alcohol clause ie you could have an accident caused by having had a few drinks! No go zone before then.on the German market!;)

And that is definitely the case with Haftpflicht, So many innovations,