Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Advice and help about divorce

4 posts in this topic

Hello all i need your help , i am married from a year and half from a german woman but i am already have a child from her he is 4 years old holding the german nationality , i moved to Germany 7 months ago , i got my residence and work permit for three years and i am from non EU country , the question is , if a divorce happen between us shall i lose my residence permit ? if not i am allowed to renew it in future after divorce ?

thanks so much 

Since you are the father of a German child, you will have the right to live and work here until the child turns 18 even if you aren't married to his mother.

30 minutes ago, Conquistador said:

Since you are the father of a German child, you will have the right to live and work here until the child turns 18 even if you aren't married to his mother.

That is IF he is willing to support the child financially. Else the mother can go to ABH and file a complaint that the father is not willing to support the child.

That is IF he is willing to support the child financially. Else the mother can go to ABH and file a complaint that the father is not willing to support the child.( i dont mind support my child but what if i m still in integration course and i dont have work whats the situation )