Reserve Seat at Deutsche Bahn ICE using vending machine

4 posts in this topic

I have a small query. I will be travelling from Frankfurt using an ICE and for some reason online booking is not an option. Is it possible to reserve a seat using the ticket vending machine? I really want to avoid the extra fees of visiting the reisezentrum and also I need a seat maybe beside the luggage rack as I will have some luggage and I don't know the German word for it :(

2 minutes ago, cs_geek said:

I have a small query. I will be travelling from Frankfurt using an ICE and for some reason online booking is not an option. Is it possible to reserve a seat using the ticket vending machine?

Yes. It will be one of the last options in the booking process IIRC. You can even reserve a seat without buying a ticket (e.g. when you have one already): Choose "Gesamtes Angebot", then "Service und Zusatzkarten" and finally "Platzreservierungen".

2 minutes ago, cs_geek said:

I really want to avoid the extra fees of visiting the reisezentrum and also I need a seat maybe beside the luggage rack as I will have some luggage and I don't know the German word for it :(

The german word for luggage is Gepäck, the word for luggage storage is Gepäckfach or Gepäckablage. 

11 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

Yes. It will be one of the last options in the booking process IIRC. You can even reserve a seat without buying a ticket (e.g. when you have one already): Choose "Gesamtes Angebot", then "Service und Zusatzkarten" and finally "Platzreservierungen".

The german word for luggage is Gepäck, the word for luggage storage is Gepäckfach or Gepäckablage. 

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. A follow up query: if I reserve a seat for 2 people and if seats are hopefully available are the 2 seats alloted together by the machine?