Brexit: The fallout

18,285 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cb6dba said:

You could have told us all your reasoning for thinking brexit was started by Cameron to destroy the red wall. I think a lot of us would be interested in getting info on that possibility.

Unless this is something you can prove, then you are basing your opinion on my political knowledge on something that doesn't exist beyond an idea.  

This is the autism/anti-vaccination argument of the day. It could even be the covid/5G/nanobots argument of the day.

Who is us ? Who is we?

I am not the one making all these claims.

You  said it was easier to travel on a EU passport than it was on a residency permit (an attempt to mock someone), I asked for evidence you gave a mime.

Can u provide the evidence or will i get another meme?

That was number 2.

Part of me understands why someone, say, from northern England, who visits Benidorm once a year (thats if they venture outside the english-speaking world at all), might find little to attract them to Europe or the EU.  For such people, the benefits of EU could seem more abstract or distant.  

What I find difficult to understand, is how a UK national whose life and interests are tied up with living in an EU country, could fail to see the benefits EU has brought them. (This also applies to some prominent TT members)! Even if they think the EU bureaucracy is over fussy or inefficient, everyone living here has benefitted in all kinds of ways from EU membership. The most obvious one is the near automatic right to residence and to move around Europe without hindrance. Besides that, the loss of access to financial services has all kinds of repercussions, for holding bank accounts and transferring money. Then there's the cost of sending packages to the UK which has soared, and taking food products backwards and forwards from the UK.  

If they don't think they've benefitted from EU membership, then sorry, they are in the "I'm All Right Jack" school.  They've broken most of their ties with the UK or, they got their own situation sorted out long before Brexit, and now don't want to see the same benefits spread to others.  

1 hour ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Who is us ? Who is we?

I am not the one making all these claims.

You  said it was easier to travel on a EU passport than it was on a residency permit (an attempt to mock someone), I asked for evidence you gave a mime.

Can u provide the evidence or will i get another meme?

That was number 2.

Well, I'd call it a number two, as in what goes down the toilet. As you have missed in your desperate need to save face, is that a residence permit in Germany is German policy. Although, if it were counted, wouldn't it be number one? You really don't have a grasp of sequences do you? 

Ah assumptions, they make an ass out of you. Hey, that's ass joke number two, wait, that's number three. I'm one up... One post and It's 3-0 to me. Should we put a timer on it? We'll be in heat death by the time you turn up with some relevant information. 

You tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, you couldn't even answer.

You were wrong and lost it all because in the end, you couldn't even answer.

Funny that you came back to try and save face in front of people, people you say you don't care about? 

They know you care, it's why you come back. You try to act like you don't, but they know you do. 

Post three and no info, facts or evidence. Just asking for memes... 

D- needs to try harder. 

Now, a meme that sums up a D-.... I don't think you've earned one.

Man, I remember the promises made during the campaign. 

Right now we (any British here) should be living the same life we had, freedom of movement, work, benefits as we had before the vote. 

Didn't quite work out that way though. 

It's hard to deliver success when the promises are based on fantasy or just made up. 

Why can't people who wanted this just own it. Just say its what we wanted, or it wasn't what we wanted. 

Instead it's just people being bitter at not getting what they thought they would. 

4 hours ago, alexunterwegs said:

Part of me understands why someone, say, from northern England, who visits Benidorm once a year (thats if they venture outside the english-speaking world at all), might find little to attract them to Europe or the EU.  For such people, the benefits of EU could seem more abstract or distant.  

What I find difficult to understand, is how a UK national whose life and interests are tied up with living in an EU country, could fail to see the benefits EU has brought them. (This also applies to some prominent TT members)! Even if they think the EU bureaucracy is over fussy or inefficient, everyone living here has benefitted in all kinds of ways from EU membership. The most obvious one is the near automatic right to residence and to move around Europe without hindrance. Besides that, the loss of access to financial services has all kinds of repercussions, for holding bank accounts and transferring money. Then there's the cost of sending packages to the UK which has soared, and taking food products backwards and forwards from the UK.  

If they don't think they've benefitted from EU membership, then sorry, they are in the "I'm All Right Jack" school.  They've broken most of their ties with the UK or, they got their own situation sorted out long before Brexit, and now don't want to see the same benefits spread to others.  

How arrogant can you get!!

FYI. People from the North often have a holiday home in France. They also travel to other countries not just English speaking countries like Canada, America and Australia.

Famous Yorkshire people who may not have visited Benidorm. 

https://planetradio.co.uk/hallam/entertainment/celebrity/celebrities-from-yorkshire-surprise/

Brits who do not have dual nationality but meet the requirements can still continue to live here and visit other EU states. Not all Brits here have a bank account in the UK nor do they send parcels back and forth. Not everyone who lives in Germany is a member of an EU country, ever heard of a residence permit or a work permit?

The cost of living in Germany is very high and here in the south hardly anyone owns their own property, they all live in rentend accommodation. Not suprising when the minimum wage is 9,35 €. I personally think that as long as you have a well paid job and living accommodation you can have a good life here but if you don‘t  you can really have problems making ends meet. In other European countries most people own their own homes.

Although politicians are quick to criticise  Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, he recieves money from the EU not only to feed and care for the refugees in Turkish camps but also to prevent them from leaving Turkey. He has more than once threatend to open the borders and let them travel into Europe. Not to mention the situation of the refugees in Italy or on Lesbos. People are living in squalor and poverty in a European country not too far away from here.   Where is the European spirit of helping one another. Is it a case of out of sight out of mind? Italians  and Greeks cannot understand why Germans send ships to rescue refugees off the Italian or Greek coast and then expect Italy or Greece to allow them to land. They quite rightly ask why don't they rescue them and take them back to Germany. 

The UK is starting to give thirty year olds a Covid vacination, here they haven‘t even got round to vacinating all people in system revelant positions. For each vacination a German Dr must fill out eight forms and then hand out a yellow PAPER Impfpass. School teachers here were told to teach online without any proper training. School children do not all have access to a laptop or internet. 

This thread makes interesting reading.

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/111979-why-did-you-decide-to-leave-germany/

It would be interesting to know how life has changed for Brits here after Brexit. Has anyone lost their job or been asked to leave the country?

9 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Well, I'd call it a number two, as in what goes down the toilet. As you have missed in your desperate need to save face, is that a residence permit in Germany is German policy. Although, if it were counted, wouldn't it be number one? You really don't have a grasp of sequences do you? 

Ah assumptions, they make an ass out of you. Hey, that's ass joke number two, wait, that's number three. I'm one up... One post and It's 3-0 to me. Should we put a timer on it? We'll be in heat death by the time you turn up with some relevant information. 

Funny that you came back to try and save face in front of people, people you say you don't care about? 

They know you care, it's why you come back. You try to act like you don't, but they know you do. 

D- needs to try harder. 

Now, a meme that sums up a D-... I don't think you've earned one.

That was funny man. 

Could say you knocked that one out of the Linkin Park :lol:

25 minutes ago, MUinEU said:

That was funny man. 

Although taking the comedy track with someone who doesn't have the emotional intelligence to get it all is going to be a waste of your time. 

Or angry, he/she seems angry about something. 

16 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

But it's what they voted for...

"GB - Zero points."

Usually, that's the line for Germany...

23 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

To be fair, it wasn't even a majority that voted leave, either.

But the graphic claims that "Scotland is being disrespected" as opposed to half of England. Quite a clear shift of goalposts.

And, also to be fair, I've not seen any graphics about "Why we hate remainers". And if I ever did, I wouldn't post in defence of it.

13 hours ago, alexunterwegs said:

Well, in my case, my company employs people from just about everywhere and I have close friends and colleagues from USA, Canada, Australia, NZ, China, India, Thailand, Bolivia. Those are just the ones I hang out with, like I said we have people from everywhere.

My wife is Belarussian, born in Tajikistan. Most of my non-work-mates are Russian speakers. It's a big old world outside the EU, you know?

Yes, EU benefits make it easier but it's not that hard to come here.

Why should I want to prioritise eg Latvians over my own friends and family?

And why should I expect the folks back home to give a stuff about the life-choices I made? I voted with my feet already. 

Yes, selfishly, I would have preferred it didn't happen. But it did. 

22 hours ago, Jonny said:

Whoa there. I actually don't know any anti-English xenophobes. I know a lot of Scots who would vote for independence because in something like 65 years we've not voted Tory but were overruled by our neighbours down south. Even with the explosive Dominic Cummings revelations, English people will still vote for BoJo. The Scots didn't vote for him before and won't vote for him now. Remember that Brexit came about due to the Tory infighting over Europe.

So what are we to do ? Taken out of the EU against our will, having yet another Tory government foisted upon us. Where can we go except independence ?

Answers on a postcard please.

No, I won't whoa. I'm Scottish and I know many English hating nats, including family members. And it's easy to find them online. Might not be the majority, but it's easily enough to qualify Remainers for "siding with nationalists and xenophobes" which is what the graphic was encouraging hatred of.

The "another referendum if we're taken out of the EU against our will" is an SNP policy that started immediately after the 2014 referendum and clearly one of the reasons the remain vote was higher in Scotland in the first place.

Boris/ The Tories got 25% of the Scottish vote and Brexit got 37%. You don't want to be ignored, but you would happily rearrange the UK so that you can ignore those people?

15 hours ago, cb6dba said:

D- needs to try harder. 

Now, a meme that sums up a D-... I don't think you've earned one.

You seem to want me to prove something,

I actually don`t need to give 5 examples, anyone who genuinely believes that having an 80 seat majority is like a dictatorship, in my opinion know f-all about politics.

13 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

I actually don`t need to give 5 examples, anyone who genuinely believes that having an 80 seat majority is like a dictatorship, in my opinion know f-all about politics.

You seem to be doing an awful lot of swerving, misinterpreting, bringing in new stuff to show you actually know F-all as you put it. 

I've only been back posting a day and I can see you just want some attention and people to talk to. 

There is enough projection in that post to show just how you feel, needing to prove something is just the start. 

You look like an humourless idiot with zero knowledge who cries for others to provide you with info but when it's your turn, the barrel is empty. You haven't even got the personality of emotional intelligence to be funny. 

I bet you're a great person to spend time around in real life. Barrel of laughs. 

I'd say you'd be better off with an activity that matches your personality, at least that would keep both your hands busy in the toilet. 

I'd really hoped the people like this had become bored and moved on by now. 

Seems like some have no where else to go. 

Sad life indeed. 

1 hour ago, RenegadeFurther said:

You mean, like your claims? You're wrong, you can't prove or back up your claims. You've had several post and not managed it.  

It's just really funny to watch you twist and turn. 

7 hours ago, MUinEU said:

Although taking the comedy track with someone who doesn't have the emotional intelligence to get it all is going to be a waste of your time. 

Or angry, he/she seems angry about something. 

You could be right.

1 hour ago, MUinEU said:

You seem to be doing an awful lot of swerving, misinterpreting, bringing in new stuff to show you actually know F-all as you put it. 

Some people know nothing, some people prostitute it for attention, some people want to prove something.

Not in this case, it's needed apparently because , of. of, reasons*

*One reason not being because it doesn't exist of course.

1 hour ago, MUinEU said:

I've only been back posting a day and I can see you just want some attention and people to talk to. 

You haven`t been posting a day. 

What duplicate account is yours?

45 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

You haven`t been posting a day. 

What duplicate account is yours?

I'd say I'm yours but with humour, personality and the ability to read still in place and the neediness taken out. 

Duplicate account, go back and try to read, you can do that with both hands full. 

14 hours ago, White Rose of Yorkshire said:

How arrogant can you get!!

FYI. People from the North often have a holiday home in France. They also travel to other countries not just English speaking countries like Canada, America and Australia.

Famous Yorkshire people who may not have visited Benidorm. 

https://planetradio.co.uk/hallam/entertainment/celebrity/celebrities-from-yorkshire-surprise/

Brits who do not have dual nationality but meet the requirements can still continue to live here and visit other EU states. Not all Brits here have a bank account in the UK nor do they send parcels back and forth. Not everyone who lives in Germany is a member of an EU country, ever heard of a residence permit or a work permit?

You are being over sensitive to my random example of someone from the North visting Benidorm. I could have said the Midlands, Cornwall, Dorset.(cue series of irate people from Cornwall, Dorset etc.) I have nothing against people from the North!  

I am well aware there are many non EU nationals living here, but my point is, a Brit now arriving, has to jump through a whole set of bureaucratic hurdles, and if he/she needs to work, they are at the back of queue comprising nationals from 27 EU states and 3 EEA ones. Even for someone who has their own situation sorted, why would they wish that on their own countrymen?  And for everyone who has more or less cut their ties with the UK, there are probably still far more who do visit and have dealings with the UK on a regular basis.

As we go through life, surely we want it to become less, not more complicated! 

2 hours ago, MUinEU said:

I'd say I'm yours but with humour, personality and the ability to read still in place and the neediness taken out. 

I know cb6 or whatever your name is.

And to reply to your own posts is a bit of a p*ss take.

3 hours ago, cb6dba said:

You mean, like your claims? You're wrong, you can't prove or back up your claims. You've had several post and not managed it.  

It's just really funny to watch you twist and turn. 

Ok,  will go for number 3.

Your post below.

No, the UK is not a dictatorship in the usual sense. Could be argued that an 80 seat majority in parliament is kind of like one as far as dong what you want is concerned

Maybe you can explain how one of the oldest democracies in the world is now like a dictatorship?

Please stick to one account and retire this MU guy account.

And stop using this account to reply to your own posts.

That was funny man. 

Seriously, you have to use another account to tell you how funny you are?

34 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

I know cb6 or whatever your name is.

And to reply to your own posts is a bit of a p*ss take.

You seem upset. 

Anything on your mind? 

Maybe everyone is an extra account, all here just to give you something to do... 

Pretty sad. Very sad. You think double accounts are in play and you still reply to them. 

That's a level of sadness you normally only find in old country and western song..