Brexit: The fallout

16,877 posts in this topic

This is good for a laugh...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13763001/after-britain-is-vaccinated-save-europe/

The guy gets it spectacularly wrong in his first paragraph, describing the Brexit induced regulations as "new". They aren't new. They newly apply to the UK because it withdrew from the customs union and single market. That's what changed, not the rules.

He then goes on to insinuate that Brits are far superior to asylum seekers and shouldn't be made wait to enter Spain in holiday.

If course WWII gets a mention!

I congratulate the UK on their speedy vaccination programme. God knows with the highest mortality rates in the world from Covid they appear to need it. But I'm not seeing how anything the UK is doing couldn't have been done as a member state so nothing that is a benefit of Brexit. Hungary went off and bought the Russian vaccine for example. 

2 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Lol! I wonder has he spoken to a single fisherman since the shellfish hit the fan.

I'd be surprised if he has ever spoken to one.

otherwise he'd know how the whole quota and license thing works.

Either that or he knows and has just been lying to people who are easily convinced by a few sound bytes and simple sentences.

Just got a notification that Vodafone will exclude the UK from EU roaming starting July 1.

Of course, they framed it positively - "You can continue using it until June 30".

11 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Just got a notification that Vodafone will exclude the UK from EU roaming starting July 1.

Of course, they framed it positively - "You can continue using it until June 30".

Didn't the Brexit crowd post in this thread (or one of the others) that this wouldn't happen?

That to do that would just be bad for the providers?

So much being right and so much winning. I don't know how they contain the smugness..

5 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

“  I’ve been a wild roamer for many a year!”

They don’t make songs like that anymore!!!

It seems Roger Daltry has decided ot be the new poster boy for brexit. Voted fo rit and now has realized the deal means he will have a lot of trouble touring Europe. 

Touring being the bit that makes him cash and Europe being the large touring area just next door.

Still Roger, don't fret, there are countries all over the world you can tour, literally, all over the word, you can become a band open to the world.

Lets face it, now is the perfect time for the UK engineering companies to pull their finger from up their arses and re-build the UK Auto industry! 

lets face it.. when the UK had an Auto industry, very little was imported!  

5 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Lets face it, now is the perfect time for the UK engineering companies to pull their finger from up their arses and re-build the UK Auto industry! 

lets face it.. when the UK had an Auto industry, very little was imported!  

That's true, the stuff we made to transport in on kept breaking down :lol: