Brexit: The fallout

17,381 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

Yes they can have 100% of the fish but it will cost them in taxes when they sell it to the EU which they will have to because the stuff the sell to the EU is not wanted in the UK unless the UK changes it fish eating habits.

So basically the deal say "yes you can keep 100% of the fish but now you have to sell it for less profit than you did before" so no real win there is there except to make as much money now the fishermen will have to catch more fish which means longer hours etc meaning more outgoings.

Yes but what they won`t get after those 5 years is 100% with the ability to sell it to the EU without being punished for it monetarily.

Just admit the govt has fucked everyone over with this deal.Leavers,remainers everyone.

There is nothing for me to admit, I have continually said BREXIT from the beginning and the deal Boris was  a pile of shite

You show me a post where I have said anything different 

There are some positives in the deal for the UK, as I have said here, but nothing to offet what the UK has lost

Well the Fishermen getting fucked over again, that was always on the cards, look at the cunts involved, Boris, Gove and Farage

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

I can`t abide fish or any type or seafood which Germans seem to find highly amusing as I`m English.

Come to think of it though everyone I knew in England used to love fish.

For me it depends very much on the way the fish is done.

I like it cooked, as in fried.

12 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

I like it cooked, as in fried.

I think that's the problem. It's all some people know. Time to educate the masses... remember those public information films in the 70s...?

1 hour ago, yesterday said:

There are some positives in the deal for the UK, as I have said here, but nothing to offet what the UK has lost.

Not convinced. Short term pain, yes indeed. But you can't see round life's corners. Not so long ago Greece was getting stroppy because Germany was not keen to stump up again to bail them out of the thick brown stuff and let's not forget Cyprus lopping 15% off everyone's money at the bank a few years back. Europe is no bed of roses. Maltese passport anyone?

14 minutes ago, optimista said:

I think that's the problem. It's all some people know. Time to educate the masses... remember those public information films in the 70s...?

I remember the one about death near a pond and one about some kids dying on a farm.

Kind of sums up my feelings toward that Herring stuff in vinegar...

On 16/01/2021, 19:46:30, Mackle said:

Brexit week 3... Douglas Carswell (UKIP, Co-founder of Vote Leave) has emigrated!

Another two-faced twat.

Er7yL80WMAE-oYW.jpeg

1 hour ago, optimista said:

Not convinced. Short term pain, yes indeed. But you can't see round life's corners. Not so long ago Greece was getting stroppy because Germany was not keen to stump up again to bail them out of the thick brown stuff and let's not forget Cyprus lopping 15% off everyone's money at the bank a few years back. Europe is no bed of roses. Maltese passport anyone?

yeah, nobody knows what it will be like in 10 or 20 years and that is true.

Anything can happen in the next, just watch thunderbirds

But if the Uk cannot make a success in the biggest open market in the world ( EU), what chance have they got of making a success  in a world with lots of rules to follow ?

Sure its my home country and I want them to succeed, but I think they had a better chance in the EU. Only time will tell

Just sayin

52 minutes ago, john_b said:

Brexit week 3... Douglas Carswell (UKIP, Co-founder of Vote Leave) has emigrated!

Another two-faced twat.

Er7yL80WMAE-oYW.jpeg

Cunt, Douglas by the way

Don't worry about him, he's gonna get his come-uppance if he carries on with that diet. In a year's time he won't be able to reach to wipe his own hindquarters. Which is fine punishment IMO.

11 hours ago, yesterday said:

yeah, nobody knows what it will be like in 10 or 20 years and that is true.

Anything can happen in the next, just watch thunderbirds

But if the Uk cannot make a success in the biggest open market in the world ( EU), what chance have they got of making a success  in a world with lots of rules to follow ?

Sure its my home country and I want them to succeed, but I think they had a better chance in the EU. Only time will tell

Just sayin

Stingray, Stingray...

(the 1964 version).. :o

One of the issues that caused Brexit was the pushed belief that they (the EU) profit from us (the UK) more than the other way around. Somehow we were propping up the whole thing and it would collapse if we left. As they didn't treat us as the super members we are (give us more concessions) we left.

It will always amaze me that a bunch of rich Eaton boys managed to persuade a lot of very less well of people that in some way we as a country were not getting our fair due, when said less well off people were not actually doing well anyway, they were not really seeing any of what we were getting at the time.

They fell for this and have the expectation that not only will we do so much better outside the EU, not only now expect to see benefits they hadn't seen before but also have voted for one of the most incompetent governments ever seen. We've had rabid damaging (Thatcher), we've had boring (Major), useless (pick a few) but not as yet a government that changes it's mind based on how loud people scream. Screams caused by them being incompetent.

Not to mention failing to understand that you don't express independence with trade agreements, you manage interdependence. I don't expect many people to get that, they don't work in any kind of trade environment, but I would expect our government to understand that.

Which they either don't (incompetent) or they are just treating people as idiots. Could be both.

I was chatting to a guy I know from over near Blyth, total leave supporter, said he didn't like the EU rules on food, especially that they were putting his local Greggs in danger.

Something about antipasty..

he said he never accepted the Conservatives going after his favourite food and he wasn't going to let the EU do it either.

What gets me, is when you ask a pro leaver, why will Britain be better off outside the EU, it basally comes down to We are British the best country in the world and we will succeed once freed from the EU.

A lot of people really believe this

The UK car industry, which was the 4th largest in the world in the late 1940's, and now it basically does not exist, which is sad. These BREXITERS do not understand people want to buy the best cars, not ones that break down and have bad performance and  look shitty. If the UK could not produce a car that people wanted to buy in the EU, why do they think it can produce a car/product that people want to buy outside the EU. 

Its only going to be harder, because of the tariffs and extra red tape.

Sure the UK ( and quite a few other counties ) had a good run years ago, but it used Gunboats / the empire/ enforced trade deals to get that, non of which will be allowed today. They are going to have to produce goods people  will want to buy, something they did not do while in the EU. 

Its was not only the Britain that did these things, Portugal, Spain and the Netherlands, also did many bad things, to name a few, its just that Britain had the largest empire. To be fair, Britain banned slavery, decades before any other other countries. While the now free America, put the boot into the native Americans, terrible things were done there as well. 

So why should they do it outside the EU.

Also, I think if I had never left the UK, I would probably be a BREXITER as well, its just living aboard has changed me and my views. I notice much more how much the Government, press, TV is always pushing that Britain is the best place to live and the best kinda people.

19 hours ago, john_b said:

Another two-faced twat.

Former Conservative MP and I think he was a member of the Welsh Assembly as well.

He'll feel at home in the US, having been another one of those people (like Daniel Hannan) who are strongly opposed to the NHS and don't believe that it is inline with core conservative free market values.

18 hours ago, yesterday said:

Cunt, Douglas by the way

Fully agree

The British fishing industry's message to Johnson, Gove, Farage & Co...unfortunately rather late 

EsAusLUWMAYNNIA.jpeg