Brexit: The fallout

17,622 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

this is pretty much what BJ has done to the Brexit supporters here on TT :lol:

 

Is there a similar pic for Trump? ;) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

 

Is there a similar pic for Trump? ;) 

 

He doesn't participate in sports. Might be a pic of him falling down in a sandtrap (bunker) but we'll never see it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

He doesn't participate in sports. Might be a pic of him falling down in a sandtrap (bunker) but we'll never see it.

 

Golf isn't a sport now, is it, Fruity? 

 

Try telling that to Tiger Woods, etc, etc, etc! 

 

Honestly! 

 

gilf.JPG.c66af002830c76d01cb7831e2bedeb8

 

 

 

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

A little foretaste?

 

Why would France want to close the border to international trade?  They literally want to stop their own farmers, manufacturers, etc, from selling goods to the UK not to mention imports from the rest of the EU/World. 

 

You think that's a great idea, do you, alexunterwegs? 

 

Shows that the French can't be trusted, though! 

 

Of couse Brexit No deal will hit the French. It will hit everybody. Brexit has no winners. Only losers. Its just that in Europe they have the advantage of being able to spread the damage around 27 states. And not being an island.

A point that doesn't seem to have yet got home to some hardcore Brexiteers. They obviously weren't paying attention in Geography classes.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

 

He doesn't participate in sports. Might be a pic of him falling down in a sandtrap (bunker) but we'll never see it.

 

...hope springs eternal...

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, alexunterwegs said:

Of couse Brexit No deal will hit the French. It will hit everybody. Brexit has no winners. Only losers. Its just that in Europe they have the advantage of being able to spread the damage around 27 states. And not being an island.

A point that doesn't seem to have yet got home to some hardcore Brexiteers. They obviously weren't paying attention in Geography classes.

 

I've said it before and I will say it again.  The British and EU economies being hit are down to the EU's intransigence. 

 

And this idea that the EU 27 are some kind of homogeneous group that will be able spread the damage is a fantasy. 

 

The damage will be spread based on economic factors and not as you seem to suggest which is some benevolent EU uncle waving his hand. 

 

As for geography, I'm pretty sure that when them Brexiteers go to Blackpool, they realise that they are on an island! Same with UK businesses who trade with the rest of the world.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

 

He doesn't participate in sports. Might be a pic of him falling down in a sandtrap (bunker) but we'll never see it.

Nice 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

 

 

I've said it before and I will say it again.  The British and EU economies being hit are down to the EU's intransigence. 

 

And this idea that the EU 27 are some kind of homogeneous group that will be able spread the damage is a fantasy. 

 

The damage will be spread based on economic factors and not as you seem to suggest which is some benevolent EU uncle waving his hand. 

 

As for geography, I'm pretty sure that when them Brexiteers go to Blackpool, they realise that they are on an island! Same with UK businesses who trade with the rest of the world.

 

Oh that's nice blaming the EU!  Rather like an arsonist blaming a houseowner for not getting his fire regs properly sorted. 

Boris and Co have been warned from the start, but that was all dismissed as Project Fear and now they're getting found out 

and feeling embarrased about it. 

I'm sure though Boris and his like-minded pals will blame the EU if it goes pear-shaped, because he has nowhere else to go. Its not in his nature to say, sorry  I cocked up. 

Yes, I agree that some of the 27 will be hit more than others, but not half as much as if it was one country alone. 

I hope Brexiteers enjoy the delights of their holiday breaks in Blackpool, Skegness and wherever. Pity they've made it more difficult for others to get around. 

Yes, UK busineses can trade with the rest of the world, but there's nothing like on your doorstep with the largest internal market. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, alexunterwegs said:

Oh that's nice blaming the EU!  Rather like an arsonist blaming a houseowner for not getting his fire regs properly sorted. 

 

I'm sure though Boris and his like-minded pals will blame the EU if it goes pear-shaped, because he has nowhere else to go. Its not in his nature to say, sorry  I cocked up. 

Yes, I agree that some of the 27 will be hit more than others, but not half as much as if it was one country alone. 

I hope Brexiteers enjoy the delights of their holiday breaks in Blackpool, Skegness and wherever. Pity they've made it more difficult for others to get around. 

Yes, UK busineses can trade with the rest of the world, but there's nothing like on your doorstep with the largest internal market. 

 

I'm not part of the blame game, mate.  I will leave that for others. 

 

If it goes pear shaped then of course fingers will be pointed at both the pragmatic UK and the dogmatic EU. Anyone who has been fed on a balanced diet of news, which is very few on here, will appreciate the challenges and also the reality of the situation during the negotiations.  They will also see the absolute ridiculousness of the EU's demands regarding the level playing field and the ECJ. 

 

The second rate failed politicians who are running the EU show don't really have anything to worry about from the electorate.  Prime ministers and elected officials in the Member States do, though. 

 

Regarding Blackpool and Skegness, I'm sure them Brits will still be allowed the other side of The Channel.  Them forinjers might frown upon the Brits but they like the money they spend! If you can spell your name and write, it won't be anymore difficult! 

 

Yes, let's hope they sign a nice little trade agreement that benefits all but recognizes the UK's red lines. 

 

16 minutes ago, alexunterwegs said:

Boris and Co have been warned from the start,

 

Nobody warns them Brits! 

 

That Mr. Hitler tried it on and he got his arse kicked! 

 

:lol:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tesco seems to be already rationing out some products because of shortages and expected shortages. The other big supermarkets to follow suit. I saw it on 2 news channels. You can find your own link if needed.

 

Around 4,000 lorries stuck now. Trying to figure out how to test all the drivers. One airport runway is filled up with no toilet facilities, etc. I think that is where dom's video came from.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brexit Britain couldn't even organise a lorry park properly. That should worry people.

 

They are much further apart on fishing than has been reported:

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2020/1222/1185975-johnson-von-der-leyen/

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hellfire99 said:

 

Nobody warns them Brits! 

 

That Mr. Hitler tried it on and he got his arse kicked! 

 

:lol:

Not a very good analogy, that one. With Brexit we had most of the western world advising against including almost a half of the British population.

 

The general gist of the message was, you can't have your cake and eat it.  Which Boris still seems a bit slow to comprehend.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, murphaph said:

They are much further apart on fishing than has been reported:

 

I've seen it reported on CNN and BBC and my news feed for the last week or so.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now