Brexit: The fallout

13,688 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

It's definitely not wrong to call a racist a racist. It's wrong not to.

But you better be sure about it because otherwise you may be prosecuted. 2 weeks ago I read a newspaper article about someone being sentenced to pay a € 3600 fine for calling his neighbour "Stasi" even though this neighbour never worked for the Stasi. And that was just the fine under criminal law. Imagine there is a civil lawsuit as well - that could become really expensive. I doubt calling someone incorrectly a racist would be much cheaper.

God help any lawyer trying to untangle who has accused whom of what here.

It's a shame that so many threads now degenerate into endless unreadable gobbledygook between a predictable few.

Wish a mod would create a Playground Namecalling thread and tip these non-conversations into it. 😐

3 hours ago, murphaph said:

Is calling a racist a racist wrong or not?

Luna chose not to answer this it seems. He or she has greened several posts in this thread since this post was made and he or she is normally not slow to respond. That's rather telling I would argue. He or she may try to redeem themselves now that I've posted this however. Too little, too late.

19 hours ago, john_b said:

Just like other non-Brits on this forum (e.g. balticus & hellfire) who admit they didn't have a vote on Brexit but still feel entitled to post on the subject ad nauseam...

Let me guess, John, you want more memes and less analysis of the situation.

You want this to be your safe space where you guys can bump your gums and feel sorry for yourselves whilst posting self-aggrandizing statements about how you guys escaped Blighty and everyone else is as think as mince. 

Sorry, but that's not going to happen, and by the was, I am British. 

Hurrah! 

18 hours ago, john_b said:

I didn't say they shouldn't post, just that they post "ad nauseam" on subjects like Brexit whilst claiming that their nationality is irrelevant.

Listen, mate, my nationality is irrelevant and it makes me chuckle that you guys get your knickers in a twist with my profile.  As for the content of your posts, well, to be honest, the absolute filth you post is laughable. 

You and the Meme Team should up your game! 

18 hours ago, murphaph said:

If your country hadn't colonised Ulster in the seventeenth century we wouldn't be having this discussion today. 

Yeah, but if Neolithic man, who in 9000 BC, evolved from hunter-gatherer to farmer and agriculturalist, and started living in larger permanent settlements with a variety of domesticated animals and plant life, hadn't colonised Europe and changed the way we live, we wouldn't be having this discussion today. 

Would we Marty McFly! 

18 hours ago, yesterday said:

I still think there will be a deal

It was always said the last point for a deal would around 1st of November, which still gives them some time, even without extra time

Both sides are just saying things to try and get a better deal at the moment, maybe both sides have enough for them to accept the deal, but why not carry on chatting, maybe one side of the other can get some more advantages.

The problem for the EU is, how do they back down from their ridiculous demands without losing face.  They really have painted themselves into a corner. 

As Gove, says, the door is still open but they have to get it through their thick heads that they need to move their position.

Brexit: Door 'still ajar' for EU trade talks, says Gove  (BBC 18,10,20)

The door is "still ajar" for talks with the EU over a post-Brexit trade deal but only if it moves ground in key areas, Michael Gove has said.

Negotiations between the UK and the EU have stalled amid disagreements over fishing access and competition issues.

The cabinet minister told the BBC that the EU must speed up the negotiating process and offer the UK better terms.

The EU has said it is prepared to "intensify" talks but it would not agree a deal at "any price".

What do any of you EUtopians think of the EU's negotiating strategy? 

I have asked a couple of times but you haven't been able to cobble together an answer. 

On 10/4/2020, 11:12:43, hellfire99 said:

Just while you guys are on the line, what do you make of the EU's attempts to tie the UK to a level playing field?

On 10/5/2020, 10:01:04, hellfire99 said:

What do you think about the points that the EU is refusing to budge on? 

15 hours ago, Keleth said:

Yer not surprised one racist admires another racists posts.

warped.gif

4 hours ago, murphaph said:

Yeah but you didn't say that. You just said calling people racist is wrong.

So you now admit it's right, if the person is a racist?

4 hours ago, murphaph said:

Is calling a racist a racist wrong or not?

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

Luna chose not to answer this it seems. He or she has greened several posts in this thread since this post was made and he or she is normally not slow to respond. That's rather telling I would argue. He or she may try to redeem themselves now that I've posted this however. Too little, too late.

Pffffffffffffft! 

:lol:

On 10/17/2020, 9:43:12, hellfire99 said:

Looks like another Murphy meltdown is on its way. 

11 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Lol. Somebody logged in with the wrong account.

Here we go again!  

9 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

What is that - a post for ants?

Can hardly breath for laughing!😂😂😂

Brilliant!