Brexit: The fallout

14,313 posts in this topic

I have actually just found the bloody thing and taken a picture. Of course, the TT system and my ignorance equals file too 

big to post!

It just says .. bla bla.. passed in the following ONE subject(s):

ORDINARY LEVEL 

ENGLISH LANGUAGE

( Their capital letters - University of London).

😂

January 1969

NO grade!!! But I know somehow it was a lousy E!! 100 per cent. 

6 minutes ago, john g. said:

I have actually just found the bloody thing

Why does it have blood on it? 

Anyway, why the heck do you need it as a pensioner in Greece? 

Do you have your SU scarves in the bedroom drawer as well? It will get chilly in the evenings soon.

Uni colours!😂

I am not a pensioner! I still work!

Used to have a SU scarf! When I left Hamburg, I decluttered!🙏🏻
Massively... 

Southend United lost again today!😟

PS: about 10 years ago in Hamburg and after over 20 years of doing training stuff with Airbus- they changed bosses in the training department and they asked me for an updated CV!😂 Yes!!

I sent them a boring CV and said: “ find my photo elsewhere. I look different now.”

🙏🏻

2 hours ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

Closing a border is not so difficult, you just have to put containers on the road (and fill them with stones to make them a little bit heavier, if necessarary)

That' what they dis at the border between St. martin and Sint Maarten in the Caribean in spring.

22-05-2020-OYSTER.jpg

Except even in a ten kilometre radius where I live there are at least ten border crossings, some little more than grass tracks. My daughter's cousin-in-law lives on a country road that IS a border road -- she lives in ROI, across the road, open fields that are NI.

Apart from that, they couldn't close down completely. hundreds if not thousands of people live on one side of the border and work on the other, including my son in law. Most have double nationality and can't be kept out of either side.

1 minute ago, arunadasi said:

Apart from that, they couldn't close down completely. hundreds if not thousands of people live on one side of the border and work on the other, including my son in law. Most have double nationality and can't be kept out of either side.

I would have thought that cross-border workers can be let through. The border doesn't close. But travel is restricted. At least this is how it was here. You need a reason to cross. In most cases shopping as a reason just didn't fly.

I still think there will be a deal

It was always said the last point for a deal would around 1st of November, which still gives them some time, even without extra time

Both sides are just saying things to try and get a better deal at the moment, maybe both sides have enough for them to accept the deal, but why not carry on chatting, maybe one side of the other can get some more advantages.

3 hours ago, john g. said:

Trying to find a link to that but “ I still haven’t found what I’m looking for.”😜

It has been a few hours and, for the degenerate youngsters who haven’t a clue, I am getting ready to link to this brilliant Irish band!

Edit: Get dancing and smooching, babes!

https://youtu.be/e3-5YC_oHjE

5 minutes ago, john g. said:

It has been a few hours and, for the degenerate youngsters who haven’t a clue, I am getting ready to link to this brilliant Irish band!

I think The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are two of my most played albums.

Personally I thought they lost something post-Achtung Baby, I don't recall hearing a great album, just the odd decent single after that. 

5 hours ago, lunaCH said:

Also unlike some others on here, they discuss and use the forum properly on all topics without having to resort to swearing, insults or other filth, just to try to win the argument which they lost way back.

Yer not surprised one racist admires another racists posts.

Seriously anyone who thinks an Irish border road can be closed by dropping a container full of rocks has literally no clue of the lengths locals went to in the past to reopen roads that had been closed through cratering and bridge demolition. Local farmers all own heavy earth moving equipment. Cratered roads were regularly reopened within hours of the British Army sappers leaving the scene!

A container would just be pushed aside with a bulldozer.

Anyway if you start sending in the army to close roads you will  see bombs in London a week later. It would mean the immediate death of the peace process and all bets would be off.

https://citymonitor.ai/transport/1971-uk-government-closed-100-irish-border-crossings-and-cratered-them-explosives-4295

5 hours ago, lunaCH said:

I would have thought that cross-border workers can be let through. The border doesn't close. But travel is restricted. At least this is how it was here. You need a reason to cross. In most cases shopping as a reason just didn't fly.

DeepLyannoying at your service:

"I am wildly ignorant about the border area but am confident about its nature.   It is definitely something  where people need to be "let through".  If you try to visit the nearest shop to you, this will not fly.  Because, well I think that this a fact and really that is all that is important"

8 hours ago, Keleth said:

Yer not surprised one racist admires another racists posts.

Please stop, you're neither funny nor correct. Repeatedly calling other users racists, just because you haven't anything else to say, doesn't bring anything useful to the discussion. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, murphaph said:

Cratered roads were regularly reopened within hours

A container would just be pushed aside with a bulldozer.

And rightly so! ;) 

7 hours ago, snowingagain said:

I am wildly ignorant about the border area but am confident about its nature.   It is definitely something  where people need to be "let through".  If you try to visit the nearest shop to you, this will not fly.  Because, well I think that this a fact and really that is all that is important"

I've no doubt that you are, judging by the drivel you continue to post. Please stop, it's incredibly tiresome. :( 

2 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

Repeatedly calling other users racists, just because you haven't anything else to say,

But you both are so this time I´m right,as I said before you haven`t the balls to admit it.

30 minutes ago, Keleth said:

so this time I´m right

No you are not. :rolleyes: 

And what do you mean by 'this time'? You can't be right any time, you constantly post the exact same incorrect drivel and baseless accusation over and over again, merely claiming that others are racists. :rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

No you are not. :rolleyes: 

And what do you mean by 'this time'? You can't be right any time, you constantly post the exact same incorrect drivel and baseless accusation over and over again, merely claiming that others are racists. :rolleyes:

Funny how according to you everyone seems to post drivel,but you and your besty post only insightful posts.

So I`ll quote you...

1 hour ago, lunaCH said:

Please stop, it's incredibly tiresome. :( 

3 minutes ago, Keleth said:

according to you everyone seems to post drivel

I never said everyone posts drivel and you know it. How can a handful of people be everyone? :unsure: 

Just stop calling people racists. It's wrong. :rolleyes:

Just now, murphaph said:

It's definitely not wrong to call a racist a racist.

It is if the person you are calling a racist isn't one. ;)

Yeah but you didn't say that. You just said calling people racist is wrong.

So you now admit it's right, if the person is a racist?