Brexit: The fallout

16,993 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Sorry, shit forum software is really mobile unfriendly.

You can edit the posts. I personally haven't seen a delete option. Not sure if that changes depending on how long you've been here or how many posts you have.

6 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

You can edit the posts. I personally haven't seen a delete option. Not sure if that changes depending on how long you've been here or how many posts you have.

Unlike the bullshit our rather clueless resident trolls post, you *can't* delete your own posts. Not ever. More fake news! :D

(Not directed at you, Murphaph ;) )

Statement from the commission on the progress made in implementing the WA so far. Link below. The full statement is not very long but basically the protocol on NI is the big sticking point. UK also not fairly implementing residency system for EU citizens. Most EU countries on track to accommodate UK citizens by end of transition (+ grace period).

One quote:

"The Withdrawal Agreement is to be implemented, not to be renegotiated – let alone unilaterally changed, disregarded or disapplied."

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/statement_20_1766

10 minutes ago, Metall said:

you *can't* delete your own posts. Not ever. More fake news!

No, no fake news. You're wrong.

I never said you can delete them. I said I didn't know. So much for having me on ignore. Didn't take long for you to backpedal! :rolleyes: Pathetic!

Just now, Metall said:

OK, lunatiCH, so much for trying to help you. Back on ignore, you twit.

Hmm, we've heard that before. :rolleyes: Interesting approach, when in doubt, bully. Seriously?

I will now delete my last message!

Go to a post of your own you don’t like, press edit , and then the x box bottom right in grey, keep pressing till the post has gone and then type ... and then press Done

( PS: I should do that to most of my own posts!😂)

4 hours ago, dom said:

We live in times where the UK and US are governed by parties that play on fear as their means to win votes.

Fear allows politics to do away with fairness or truth.

Brexit

COVID-19

Trump

1938 just around the corner

Peterburg-Troll-Farm© infiltrating the forum

Disaster Capitalism

Climate Change

You and a lot of others on this forum are completely driven by fear.     

4 hours ago, dom said:

and as Murphaph says, fear leads to hate which can lead to worse things. We don't need a political party stirring fears up.

1933 is now a long time ago...but something quite similar happened in the 1990's in Europe!

murphaph is the biggest "Chicken Little" on TT.   He is afraid of everything.   

19 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

Hmm, we've heard that before. :rolleyes: Interesting approach, when in doubt, bully. Seriously?

If you are not laughing when Metall or anyone else  on this forum tries to bully, then you are doing it wrong.   

Enjoy!   :lol:

11 minutes ago, balticus said:

If you are not laughing when Metall or anyone else  on this forum tries to bully, then you are doing it wrong.   

Enjoy!   :lol:

Being bullied by Metall is the equivalent of being mauled by a sheep.

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

Sorry, shit forum software is really mobile unfriendly.

Take your time, no problem, take it easy, it is fine, no worries, shhh.. relax, all is well... oh COME ON!

( stolen and misquoted from “ a Fish called Wanda.”)

🙏🏻

And the troll gang have successfully moved the discussion on from the failed attempt by RWWs in CH to further destabilise the EU.

Sorry, murphaph. That is paranoia on your part.

What troll gang? Name them! Every one of your so- called troll gang! It seems to me rather that a cat fight has taken place here- nothing organised!

There seems to be a trend ( through social media ) to label anyone with views someone doesn’t agree with to simply call someone a troll. Very undemocratic and immature.

I used to be the same - anyone to the right of anything ( in my view then ) was a fascist! Been there, done it. It is MUCH more complicated than that. 

4 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Yes it has, and people who complained abut them are going to get even more annoyed when the white are replaced by ones that, shall we say, for what of a better phrase, are not white at all.

Any EU citizen can be legally able to stay, but don't they have to still go through the process and have that application accepted? 

If we get a situation where some of those EU workers have to be replaced by others from further away, anyone who complained about their town changing are in for a shock.

Up until now they have just seen workers, as you say, that are not white. Now a proportion of those white workers may be replaced by non white workers.

Nothing screams change to anyone who doesn't like their town turning less white than less white people.
It's going to be hilarious.

It could also be that the Brits are more xenoglossophobic than xenophobic, that is they might like the couple from next door's curry and that they like cricket, but their Polish neighbour doesn't even speak proper English!

16 minutes ago, arsenal21 said:

It could also be that the Brits are more xenoglossophobic than xenophobic, that is they might like the couple from next door's curry and that they like cricket, but their Polish neighbour doesn't even speak proper English!

Nor do the curry-cooking cricketers!