Brexit: The fallout

12,157 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

5e54dc9e4e29a_yeahbut.jpg.5b6edc217fa8f3

Made in Poland! But, ok they are blue now.

Immigration Minister Brandon Lewis said: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/blue-uk-passport-to-return-after-eu-exit

"Leaving the EU gives us a unique opportunity to restore our national identity and forge a new path for ourselves in the world.

That is why I am delighted to announce that the British passport will be returning to the iconic blue and gold design after we have left the European Union in 2019."

1 hour ago, Wulfrun said:

5e550176ee155_fruitpicker.jpg.85fbe32e7f

"inactive fruit cake" more like!

Would UK start selling their petrol in imperial gallons again instead of liters? After all it was the EU who forced them to change in the mid-90s.

3 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

5e54fb28961de_trueblue.jpg.33b05a3a5253c

I have to ask "environmentally friendly" How??

Because you won't be flying anywhere on one silly!

17 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Would UK start selling their petrol in imperial gallons again instead of liters? After all it was the EU who forced them to change in the mid-90s.

I think fuel consumption should be quoted in furlongs to the gill!

4 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I think fuel consumption should be quoted in furlongs to the gill!

That might be one of Trump's red lines...

5e552d58230fb_nzS0lB_5lRFJsR5GTIWwk1tShS

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

Probably the first will be selling market produce in lbs again - people were prosecuted for that at the millennium and feelings ran high. 

Gallons will be back too, I am sure, as you say. Pints of milk - although that's never really gone away, you just buy a 475ml carton or whatever, and it's still a pint, but a properly European one :).

That's just the typical budget squabbling. Like you fighting with your siblings over the biggest turnip in the stew in post-Brexit England.

When it comes to negotiating with England, they'll show more solidarity than BoJo's ever seen.

9 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

That's just the typical budget squabbling. Like you fighting with your siblings over the biggest turnip in the stew in post-Brexit England.

When it comes to negotiating with England, they'll show more solidarity than BoJo's ever seen.

Can you back up your stupidity with facts or a link would do?

Don't you watch the news RF? The EU has TODAY published its AGREED negotiation mandate which Barnier will use as his guide throughout the negotiations. 

I am sure you can find this without me posting a link.

13 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Don't you watch the news RF? The EU has TODAY published its AGREED negotiation mandate which Barnier will use as his guide throughout the negotiations. 

I am sure you can find this without me posting a link.

Seen it. 

The EU will crumble in maybe October.

5 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Is that when those German car makers step in?

Do u know what deal the UK makes with other countries?

On 2/23/2020, 9:32:13, john g. said:

Sorry, mate. You claim to care about racism and xenophobia...I don´t want to belittle you but you have outed yourself. Your aim is to enjoy the break up the UK and have some Schadenfreude.

On 2/23/2020, 9:38:26, murphaph said:

The truth may hurt John but it is the truth nonetheless!

On 2/23/2020, 9:51:11, john g. said:

Be careful with your simplistic xenophobia, murphaph.

At the end of the day Murphy is a Shinner. Hence the simplistic xenophobia.

On 2/24/2020, 7:48:38, Rushrush said:

Funny Brexit has been a disaster, not for Britain but for the EU blew a huge hole in the EU budget now the tight fisted Germans need to take the elastics off the wallet and fork out more money

On 2/24/2020, 8:18:29, murphaph said:

That would be the tight fisted Germans that pay the most into the EU budget?

Maybe will the Germans be asked to pay more to keep them French farmers in the manner that they are accustomed. 

French farmers worry about subsidies in post-Brexit EU budget

French dairy and crop farmer Jean-Claude Pette relies on European Union subsidies to keep his 200-hectare farm afloat. But he worries support could be cut as governments seek ways to plug a budget hole left by Britain's departure from the bloc.

Pette receives 58,000 euros in subsidies annually, more than the 45,000 euro income he earns from his 100 dairy cows and fields of cereals and sugar beet.

He said President Emmanuel Macron must insist on those payouts being left untouched when EU leaders meet this week to thrash out the bloc's next seven-year budget.

"Unfortunately, if you look at the prices we sell our produce for today, we need those subsidies to survive," Pette told Reuters on his farm 80km (50 miles) outside Paris.

Pette is far from alone in France, the EU's biggest agriculture producer.

Agriculture contributed just 1.1% to EU gross domestic product while the bloc's Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) is the single largest component of the EU spending, accounting for 38% of the 1.1 trillion euro 2014-2020 budget.

All France needs now is for them farmers to really start protesting about their loss of CAP funds. Let's see what results PM Johnson's strategy of turning the screw on French fishermen delivers, also.