Brexit: The fallout

12,208 posts in this topic

Fair enough! Then scrap the place!

:lol:

Mind you, what about London? Is that English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish? Send the non-English back to " where they come from? "

Be careful with your simplistic xenophobia, murphaph.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, murphaph said:

You're not aware where the "Welsh" voters came from, are you?

 

19 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

The valleys, boyo?  Or the Kremlin? 

 

3 minutes ago, murphaph said:

No. England.

 

Wales has large scale migration of English. Take a look at which parts of Wales voted for Brexit. Overwhelmingly the areas with large English populations.

 

Wow! 

 

qwerty.JPG.d4ec66b62ada8ed3650c231df8514

 

Best give Bergerac a call, eh! 

 

:lol:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, john g. said:

Fair enough! Then scrap the place!

:lol:

Mind you, what about London? Is that English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish? Send the non-English back to " where they come from? "

Be careful with your simplistic xenophobia, murphaph.

I honestly don't know what you're on about John.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

 

 

 

Hang on a minute!

 

I thought after the Brexit Apocalypse there would be no food to serve.

 

So we won't need anyone to serve it, will we!

 

Problem solved. 

 

:lol:

Try answering the question.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

 

 

Are you in a strop because England beat Ireland at the rugby? 

Life is too good to me to be in a strop about anything. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Life is too good to me to be in a strop about anything. 

 

Word! Well said.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny Brexit has been a disaster, not for Britain but for the EU blew a huge hole in the EU budget now the tight fisted Germans need to take the elastics off the wallet and fork out more money

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rushrush said:

tight fisted Germans

 

:blink::blink:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Priti Patel has demanded a formal leak inquiry into “hostile briefings” by officials in her department after claims emerged that intelligence chiefs at MI5 do not trust her."

 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/priti-patel-livid-after-claim-she-has-lost-trust-of-mi5-fdkkcc258

 

Of course it has all been denied by those involved. Decide for yourselves if you believe these denials given how livid Patel is about the leak.

 

Patel did hold off the books meetings with Israeli officials while 'on holiday' there, for which she had to resign under May's tenure as PM.

 

Johnson put this liability back in as Home Secretary.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rushrush said:

Funny Brexit has been a disaster, not for Britain but for the EU blew a huge hole in the EU budget now the tight fisted Germans need to take the elastics off the wallet and fork out more money

That would be the tight fisted Germans that pay the most into the EU budget?

 

Troll trolling obviously.

 

By the way, punctuation doesn't hurt (well maybe in the brain if you're not used to it).

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, murphaph said:

That would be the tight fisted Germans that pay the most into the EU budget?

 

Troll trolling obviously.

 

By the way, punctuation doesn't hurt (well maybe in the brain if you're not used to it).

 

You may have misjudged the relative positions of the negotiating parties.   If all of your news sources and Twitter follows are anti-Brexit, you might want to diversify unless you read news to be told what you want to hear. 

 

1.  The British are negotiating from a position of strength rather than weakness.

2.  Hard Brexit seems likely and while the British might be prepared, EU members are not prepared.

3.  Germany stands to lose a lot, not least because it will need to pay more into the budget, but also because the UK does not serve as a counterweight to France.     

4.  The world won't end, but the transition will be less volatile if everyone takes a pragmatic approach.    If the EU tries to "punish" the UK for leaving, it will backfire.   

 

These premises seem likely (not sure).    

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You believe what you believe because your sources are biased," says the guy who constantly quotes the Spectator and the Express with his 3rd account on here.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, murphaph said:

That England made the decision for the whole UK. It is not a union of equals and never was.

I don't often quote myself but the irony was not lost on me. The union is clearly not one of equals as Brexit and BoE monetary policy shows but in fact it's unequal in another way that our more right wing posters might not like...

 

https://i.postimg.cc/RZdvNtHz/EQ92oz-RWk-AAME2-K.jpg

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, balticus said:

 

You may have misjudged the relative positions of the negotiating parties.   If all of your news sources and Twitter follows are anti-Brexit, you might want to diversify unless you read news to be told what you want to hear. 

 

1.  The British are negotiating from a position of strength rather than weakness.

2.  Hard Brexit seems likely and while the British might be prepared, EU members are not prepared.

3.  Germany stands to lose a lot, not least because it will need to pay more into the budget, but also because the UK does not serve as a counterweight to France.     

4.  The world won't end, but the transition will be less volatile if everyone takes a pragmatic approach.    If the EU tries to "punish" the UK for leaving, it will backfire.   

 

These premises seem likely (not sure).    

12 hours ago, murphaph said:

 

The UK is prepared for hard Brexit? Don't make me laugh. Not a fraction of the physical infrastructure required is ready. Businesses are even less prepared as they still can't believe a country would voluntarily make trade with its largest trading partners so difficult.

 

You can keep spouting these lies but they are still lies. The UK economy sends almost half its exports to the EU. The EU sends 7%. The damage in the UK is spread across 60 million. The damage in the EU across 400 million. The UK can't change its geography and can't change simple maths.

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

You can keep spouting these lies but they are still lies. 

 

A prediction is not a fact.   I am not lying and I sincerely believe that the UK, as the first rat to jump off the sinking ship, has put itself in a less bad position.

 

Don't act so infantile over a difference of opinion.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give it a rest. You don't need to predict too far into the future here. Hard Brexit is in 10 months. The UK is quite obviously unprepared. They don't have anywhere near the number of customs agents and it takes time to train them up.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now