Brexit: The fallout

10,754 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, alexunterwegs said:

So it looks like this 2 contradictory letters wheeze for one transaction has been given the green light by the British PM. 

Just thinking where else it could be applied. Buying a car? Agreeing a mortgage deal? Maybe not signing the letter with the unfavourable finance rate, with the second letter saying the first was an oversight??    

Bearing in mind 31st October is the deadline...which of the letters is the trick and which the treat?

1 hour ago, Wulfrun said:

I don't know, but for the leader of a government to do something so infantile, it begs the question of his ability to perform his duties as PM.

He should be sacked!

Isn't that a bit a like, shutting the stable door after the horse has already bolted?

He said all along what his exact intentions were and now he's gone and done it everyone's up in arms about it.

Does anyone else recognise the slightly crazed, goofy look that unites BJ and Jimmy Savile?

Image result for Jimmy Savile

Image result for boris johnson

1 hour ago, Sir Percy B said:

Isn't that a bit a like, shutting the stable door after the horse has already bolted?

He said all along what his exact intentions were and now he's gone and done it everyone's up in arms about it.

He`s trying to get round the Benn Act and when the PM breaks the law do you honestly expect people to go "ho hum what`s for tea"

35 minutes ago, Keleth said:

He`s trying to get round the Benn Act and when the PM breaks the law do you honestly expect people to go "ho hum what`s for tea"

Who says he has broken the law? 

15 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

Who says he has broken the law? 

So, government lose case hoping to dismiss the Benn Act in Scottish Court of Session.  The court announced that they will rather continue to monitor situation.

5 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

The court announced that they will rather continue to monitor situation.

Because they want to see if BoJo fully complies with the Benn Act and so far he has in part by sending a letter requesting an extension. 

He has not broken any laws, not yet anyway despite what some might like to believe.

13 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

Because they want to see if BoJo fully complies with the Benn Act and so far he has in part by sending a letter requesting an extension. 

He has not broken any laws, not yet anyway despite what some might like to believe.

The letter of the law versus the spirit of the law is an idiomatic antithesis. When one obeys the letter of the law but not the spirit, one is obeying the literal interpretation of the words (the "letter") of the law, but not necessarily the intent of those who wrote the law.

He is an entitled, spoilt brat and is treating Parliament with contempt with his peurile behaviour.

@hooperski you're not pulling the wool over my eyes on this one.

According to a recent Welsh poll Boris Johnson is the most popular party leader in the UK.

Hoops, your entitled to your own opinions.

2 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

@hooperski you're not trying to pull the wool over my eyes on this one.

According to a recent Welsh poll Boris Johnson is the most popular party leader in the UK.

Hoops, your entitled to your own opinions.

I was not speaking on behalf of the Welsh people, but thank you for my entitlement.

Do you think that Johnson is acting in a statesman-like manner, or an ignorant dismissive oaf.  Asking for a friend.

Neither, like you or I he's entitled to his own opinions, he expressed his views and dislike with asking for any extension and stuck by his guns.

What would you do if you was in his position and said we would leave the EU do or die on the 31st October? Asking for a friend.

I guess I would comply with the vote made by parliament and wouldn't try and pull any weasel type stunts by proroguing parliament. My opinion.

6 hours ago, Keleth said:

when the PM breaks the law do you honestly expect people to go "ho hum what`s for tea"

Unfortunately, a lot of people do seem to just shrug their shoulders where Boris is concerned. 

Brexit may be really scary but staying in is only slightly more reassuring cos it's the devil you (think) you know. Not sure I want to be in a club that is not working. Whatever they do, they'll be wrong. It's all going tits up, friends.