Brexit: The fallout

10,879 posts in this topic

Sigh, murphaph..basically, my position is: no one should kill anyone because they have different views on nationality, religion, politics. That goes for Left and Right and all that shit. 

I guess I´m a child of the peace-and-love generation ( well, some of us..basically, it was who was eyeing up which man or woman and took the right or wrong drugs! )When I arrived in Buenos Aires, Argentina,as a hitchhiker as the tender age of 22 or so, I saw loads of stickers on the streets re (but in Spanish ) " ingleses fuera de Irlanda " and all that stuff. I didn´t know what that was all about. I had never been to Ireland! But I  had just hitchhiked through Bolivia!

It's a pity more people aren't from the peace and love generation John! The world would be a much better place.

11 hours ago, BMurphy said:

You're confusing my opinions on immigration with those of the masses.

Nah, not confused at all. You're a British immigrant in Germany, refer to yourself as an expat, thinks the BNP got a bad press back in the day, benefitted from FoM, got yourself an Irish passport since the referendum, voted AfD in the last Euro election, and Johnson / Farage / Brexit Party in the next UK election.

It's not what you'd call difficult.

10 hours ago, john_b said:

Nah, not confused at all. You're a British immigrant in Germany, refer to yourself as an expat, thinks the BNP got a bad press back in the day, benefitted from FoM, got yourself an Irish passport since the referendum, voted AfD in the last Euro election, and Johnson / Farage / Brexit Party in the next UK election.

It's not what you'd call difficult.

Wrong. I'm an Irish immigrant in Germany, I do not refer to myself as an "expat", I never said that the BNP got a "bad press" in the past, I have had an Irish passport since the age of 20 (as it's where I was born and raised - I'm not fake Irish like all the Brits currently misusing Ireland's generous citizenship rules just so they can benefit from FoM) and I am not eligible to vote for Johnson/Farage/Brexit Party in the next UK election as I'm not British.

It is true, however, that I benefit from FoM and that I voted AfD in the last European elections, which is something I make no apologies for.

Just curious: was it their anti-Semitic policies that won you over or just their hatred of brown people in general?

14 hours ago, murphaph said:

It's a pity more people aren't from the peace and love generation John! The world would be a much better place.

Are you fucking serious, it was a majority of this generation that voted for Brexit in the first place.

2 hours ago, BMurphy said:

... I voted AfD in the last European elections, which is something I make no apologies for.

That is fucked up on so many levels...

2 hours ago, Sir Percy B said:

Are you fucking serious, it was a majority of this generation that voted for Brexit in the first place.

The real reason is that the older generation take voting seriously and get out and get it done. The younger members of the electorate far outnumber the older generation, but they couldn't be bothered to get off their arses to go out and vote...

That's the mentality of the UKIP/Brexit Party faithful. A pint and a fight in the pub car park will sort out Brexit.

But you're not allowed to say that leave voters are xenophobic even when the main leave campaign puts out "Kraut material" on its Twitter feed.

There's a dire need for satire to show these idiots up. Spitting Image RIP.

Janx..we have a French neighbour, retired, and we were always pleasant to him and his French wife. We even invited them to a restaurant a few times, once even at Christmas. They don´t have much money.

We had some repair work going on and it was a bit noisy sometimes with the engineer and workers. We apologised and invited them again for dinner in a restaurant.

One day, he started shouting and went onto Facebook with his rant: " my neighbours are fucking German Nazis ...they keep slaves and make them work in 50 C etc."

This was at 8 in the morning in April...mild weather! The engineer made a load of money out of us (we paid foreigner´s prices! ).

He even left a mini letter in French at my door: " according to penal code etc, paragraph etc, you will pay a fine of at least 5,000 euros and spend at least one year in gaol."

His rant on Facebook: " meta prison!! "

" Meta " is the Greek word for afterwards and " prison " was his venture at English.