Brexit: The fallout

10,754 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, French bean said:

Think your missing the point, delivering stuff to the UK is not the problem, getting it through customs and out of the ports / airfields is the problem.

Is there a prognosis for the hold up for goods being flown in from outside the EU? They have established customs procedures but would be affected by / held up by new processes for EU goods I guess?

The Yellowhammer document seemed more concerned by goods coming in by sea from the EU rather than being flown in from whereever.  But if crucial goods need to be flown in from the EU due to risk of delay at ports this must have a knock on effect for other goods which were already flown in from outside the EU.

Tailbacks to Orpington I can see, the effects on airports I am having difficulty visualising.

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

So stuff that currently gets delivered by lorry from Holland would be flown in by plane now. Not enough planes in the world and if there were the price of Dutch tomatoes would quadruple.

Not necessarily a bad thing then. Dutch tomatoes are shit. In fact my own from the garden are so sweet this year.

Incidentally, how many of you know that those beloved cheap tinned tomatoes are the product of southern Italy where the conditions enjoyed by the workers are practically slavery - they are usually trafficked Africans, managed by the Mob. I believe i saw something on that in the paper which this time did a proper job - the Guardian.

36 minutes ago, dom said:

At least the "lobbying" of brexiteers hasn't been responsible for the deaths of numerous school kids. Apparently the NRA claims many if not all school shootings are fake news

Er no, the main cause of school shootings in the states I believe is SSRI withdrawal. Something like a quarter of US kids are on Ritalin.

32 minutes ago, French bean said:

Think your missing the point, delivering stuff to the UK is not the problem, getting it through customs and out of the ports / airfields is the problem.

And there is no way they can mitigate this situation for a few months or indefinitely?  

Maybe they can relax the regulations a bit if it means the difference between people having food or not.  

It won't be the end of the world. 

19 minutes ago, balticus said:

Maybe they can relax the regulations a bit if it means the difference between people having food or not. 

It is also a question of the quality of food available.  Large cities in the USA are developing neighbourhoods that are described as "food deserts" due to their poor access to fresh and healthy food infrastructures. The Yellowhammer document does not seem to describe similar long term infrastructure problems rather short term inconveniences. 

People,in the UK are already stockpiling everything they need for the  Xmas festivities. I,personally have a Xmas pudding that is good to Jan 2021 in the cupboard.

6 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

It is also a question of the quality of food available.  Large cities in the USA are developing neighbourhoods that are described as "food deserts" due to their poor access to fresh and healthy food infrastructures.

How are food deserts in the USA is relevant to this discussion?

6 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

The Yellowhammer document does not seem to describe similar long term infrastructure problems rather short term inconveniences. 

People,in the UK are already stockpiling everything they need for the  Xmas festivities. I,personally have a Xmas pudding that is good to Jan 2021 in the cupboard.

Someone may conclude that the people who were trustworthy on October 31 are stilll trustworthy on November 1.   If it is a question of people not having food, the government might decide that a pragmatic approach is superior to letting people starve. 

11 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

It is also a question of the quality of food available.  Large cities in the USA are developing neighbourhoods that are described as "food deserts" due to their poor access to fresh and healthy food infrastructures. The Yellowhammer document does not seem to describe similar long term infrastructure problems rather short term inconveniences. 

Haven't seen that doc but I'd imagine the key component is British government incompetence.

Regarding "food deserts'" you may wish to check out the 100 mile diet.

Anyone who wishes to get into the whole food thing ought to try to see how much of their own stuff they can grow. let me tell you it's back breaking just to eat a few tomatoes, carrots and leeks (presently in my pot with a chicken!)

19 minutes ago, balticus said:

How are food deserts in the USA is relevant to this discussion?

Trends in the developed world with regard to range and nutritional quality of foodstuffs in the context of poor transportation logistics.

1 hour ago, Kommentarlos said:

Perhaps seasonal eating will come back into fashion again?

Hurray for turnips!

1 hour ago, jeremytwo said:

Not necessarily a bad thing then. Dutch tomatoes are shit. In fact my own from the garden are so sweet this year.

Yes let`s turn the UK into a massive garden just to feed people.

You really have no clue do you.

Er no, the main cause of school shootings in the states I believe is SSRI withdrawal. Something like a quarter of US kids are on Ritalin.

Er no.

12% of school shootings are caused by withdrawl from drugs or taking drugs and 80% are caused by bullying according to this..

https://www.counseling.org/docs/default-source/vistas/school-shootings-and-student-mental-health.p

Don`t know how accurate that is but I`d rather trust the American Counsellors Association than some figures you apparently pulled out of your arse.

Still I`m pleasantly surprised you`ve come round to the fact that they actually happen rather than they`re fake news using actors carried out by the deep state.

Anyone who wishes to get into the whole food thing ought to try to see how much of their own stuff they can grow. let me tell you it's back breaking just to eat a few tomatoes, carrots and leeks

Less drunken binges more exercise or hell even work will cure that for you.

4 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Yes let`s turn the UK into a massive garden just to feed people.

You really have no clue do you.

I really hope the likes of you never achieve any sort of power or responsibility, if this is the way you address people on the Internet.

1 hour ago, balticus said:

And there is no way they can mitigate this situation for a few months or indefinitely?  

It won't be the end of the world. 

And this is the whole thing I cannot understand with Brexiteers.

If the EU had relaxed regulations you`d have all been up in arms about the dictatorship of the EU,however now you want it done.

I thought we were going to pull out without a deal and have the easiest trade agreement ever and that there would be no disruption ?

2 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

I really hope the likes of you never achieve any sort of power or responsibility, if this is the way you address people on the Internet.

I don`t accuse people of being pedos,murderers etc without any evidence other than someone said it on the internet unlike certain people.

I`ll settle with taunting fuckwits like you.

Oh did you notice when I answered your post about school shootings I actually posted a link from a reputable organisation rather than just posting shit without links (or links to some crazy conspiracy site).

Still waiting for "The Storm" by the way.

6 minutes ago, Keleth said:

And this is the whole thing I cannot understand with Brexiteers.

If the EU had relaxed regulations you`d have all been up in arms about the dictatorship of the EU,however now you want it done.

Won't the food coming into the UK would be inspected by the UK ?   If so, then it would be the choice of the UK rather than the EU to relax rules.    

Do you want to uphold rules and force people to go hungry?    You have been in Germany too long. 

14 minutes ago, balticus said:

Won't the food coming into the UK would be inspected by the UK ?   If so, then it would be the choice of the UK rather than the EU to relax rules.    

Do you want to uphold rules and force people to go hungry?    You have been in Germany too long. 

Nope no problem with it,it`s just the constant lies and double standards from Brexiteers that amazes me.

23 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Still waiting for "The Storm" by the way.

Well what you are somewhat clueless about is the number of sealed indictments is presently about 90,000 when in a normal year it's around 1500. Everyone wanted mass arrests early on in a "Storm" like you say, but they will mostly be sealed but the perps will be informed of this and they are stepping down in record numbers on Repub and Dem. This is not about one party - the Swamp is on both sides. There's a certain order to how this is playing out. It is very entertaining to see your lot going bonkers and losing their rags on forums like you.  In fact I have just found this clip which proves the point about the left:

Have a nice evening sir. Be seeing you.

For the open minded, this is what this is all about:

8 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Well what you are somewhat clueless about is the number of sealed indictments is presently about 90,000 when in a normal year it's around 1500. 

Source? 

11 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Well what you are somewhat clueless about is the number of sealed indictments is presently about 90,000 when in a normal year it's around 1500. Everyone wanted mass arrests early on in a "Storm" like you say, but they will mostly be sealed but the perps will be informed of this and they are stepping down in record numbers on Repub and Dem. This is not about one party - the Swamp is on both sides. There's a certain order to how this is playing out. It is very entertaining to see your lot going bonkers and losing their rags on forums like you.

Don`t like posting this short of stuff as people might think I`m a loon.

But this is "The Storm" that J2 believes in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

Where he gets the idea it`s a left/right thing I don`t know,it`s a right wing conspiracy theory.

Oh it`s also brought to you by the brains behind Pizzagate so they`ve got some previous.

16 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

In fact I have just found this clip which proves the point about the left:

Left or Right that woman is a loon.

Oh I`m glad 1 person saying something convinces you and you need no other evidence at all.

17 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

In fact I have just found this clip which proves the point about the left:

9 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Source? 

Hmm I`m going to guess...

Fox News,Breitbart,Limbaugh,Jones,Facebook,his own addled brain and the list goes on