Brexit: The fallout

10,754 posts in this topic

Alex, can you do us a favour. Please post at least one positive post on this forum. Saying something nice or humorous.

6 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Alex, can you do us a favour. Please post at least one positive post on this forum. Saying something nice or humorous.

People like you will not enjoy my sense of humor. Oh, and be careful there or the off-topic police will come and have a chat with you. That's if he can be less of a hypocrite.

6 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Well here's a question. How many times have you been banned from Toytown? 

Never AFAIK. How about you?

1 hour ago, Wulfrun said:

redacted.jpg.5fa782bfaec6cde82b77d66ba9d

I was talking recently to a friend in the UK.

He's involved in politics and (OK) is a Remainer and in 2016 actively campaigned for Remain.

We were talking about a No-Deal scenario. "How long", he asked me, "Would it take for food and medicine shortages to manifest themselves?"

I admitted I had no idea, but thought it would take a couple of days.

"No", he said....with "just-in-time" deliveries from the EU, the problems would appear in four hours.

Just sayin'...

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

Never AFAIK. How about you?

Oh me, seven times. I don't follow groupthink. Even if the right has it wrong and it hurts, then it needs to be called out. 

Your left wing in the US just doesn't get it. Your side is way deeper embroiled in the paedo-Epstein-blackmail thing than the right who are also in deep but not as much. I believe the daughter of Nancy Pelosi said this on Twitter:

In the UK the Jimmy Saville scandal was more on the right wing of the party, not the left (ignoring their own bunch into PIE) so this crap is not about which wing you support.

26 minutes ago, Keefy said:

I admitted I had no idea, but thought it would take a couple of days.

"No", he said...with "just-in-time" deliveries from the EU, the problems would appear in four hours.

Just sayin'...

Valid point Keefy. 

However there are deliveries by plane to consider. 

While I was in Kenya, I met the former chief of police, a British guy who was retired.  He owned a farm in the highlands. he told me he grew strawberries for Sainsburys - he even printed the price on the label in Kenya and flew it up there within hours. 

29 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Valid point Keefy. 

While I was in Kenya, I met the former chief of police, a British guy who was retired.  He owned a farm in the highlands. he told me he grew strawberries for Sainsburys - he even printed the price on the label in Kenya and flew it up there within hours. 

So stuff that currently gets delivered by lorry from Holland would be flown in by plane now. Not enough planes in the world and if there were the price of Dutch tomatoes would quadruple.

5 hours ago, balticus said:

1.   It seems unlikely that anyone knows what will happen on 31 October. 

Nope no one knows.

However some people know through the jockey that someone`s trying to hobble the other horses.

8 minutes ago, murphaph said:

So stuff that currently gets delivered by lorry from Holland would be flown in by plane now. Not enough planes in the world and if there were the price of Dutch tomatoes would quadruple.

Woohoo maybe we`ll see the modern day Berlin Airlift :D

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

Nope no one knows.

I think he has 3 options,

1) Revoke

2) Extend

3) Resign.

i suspect 3).

4 hours ago, balticus said:

But look on the bright side: we don't have the NRA in the UK!

What does that have to do with our discussion?   

At least the "lobbying" of brexiteers hasn't been responsible for the deaths of numerous school kids. Apparently the NRA claims many if not all school shootings are fake news

37 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Perhaps seasonal eating will come back into fashion again?

1 hour ago, jeremytwo said:

Valid point Keefy. 

Think your missing the point, delivering stuff to the UK is not the problem, getting it through customs and out of the ports / airfields is the problem.

5 minutes ago, French bean said:

Think you're missing the point,

Perish the thought!

20 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Perhaps seasonal eating will come back into fashion again?

Certainly if by seasonal eating you mean that some people will only eat in spring, some will only eat in summer, others will only get food in autumn, and everyone starves in winter.