Brexit: The fallout

10,193 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Yeah, conspiracy garbage.

4.5 billion / 2.2 trillion == 0.2%

Here is a chart of the commitments of traders positions for the British Pound.    Let me know what you see that indicates a shift in positions by the sinister cabal in your imagination.   

https://snalaska.us/cot/current/charts/BP.png

Anyone who thinks Brexit has not been manipulated to make some people very rich are naive or liars. The whole thing stinks. What was Aaron Banks doing in winter in Moscow Balticis? He says he was on holiday. Asked by a journalist what he did there he says he took a river cruise...only the water was frozen solid at the time of his visit. Why did he lie? Banks is a front for Russian money used to deliver Brexit and the weakening of the EU. Trump delivers the weakening of NATO. Russia benefits from both! Get lost.

And now we have the Völkischer Beobachter digging up "dirt" on the Scottish judges who stood up for parliamentary democracy yesterday! One likes Jazz, Jazz!

https://twitter.com/Jack_Blanchard_/status/1172015270589870081

3 minutes ago, balticus said:

4.5 billion / 2.2 trillion == 0.2%

Here is a chart of the commitments of traders positions for the British Pound.    Let me know what you see that indicates a shift in positions by the sinister cabal in your imagination.   

https://snalaska.us/cot/current/charts/BP.png

Do Brits use American billions and trillions instead of British billions and trillions? That would be funny.

1 minute ago, dom said:

My point is, look at ALL the big players in brexit, and you will see that they are ALL promoting their own agendas before "the will of the people". Without exception. There's no evidence to the contrary.

What does that have to do with the Panama Papers?    The people listed came from all over the political spectrum.    Even Bono of U2 infamy had invested in a mall in the Baltics via a shell company in Malta.    

Who do you think already knows how things are going to unfold on October 31 ?   

There are two levels of uncertainty (at least):

1.   It seems unlikely that anyone knows what will happen on 31 October. 

2.   It seems unlikely that anyone knows how the market will react.     

Shorting the sterling, buying gold and shorting the FTSE might not be a money maker, because the expectations are not nearly as clear as they were in 2016.  

5 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Do Brits use American billions and trillions instead of British billions and trillions? That would be funny.

If the 4.5 billion is actually trillion, then the short position of these funds is around twice the market cap (2.2 trillion) of all the stocks on the FTSE.    

The market cap of all FTSE stocks in aggregate is more than 2.2 billion pounds.  

No scenario relying on a mix up would make sense. 

13 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Anyone who thinks Brexit has not been manipulated to make some people very rich are naive or liars.

Every political event does.    You think there aren't people who haven't made money off of the EU or the single currency?

How old are you?     

Nobody's buying what you're selling, alt-bicus. Might as well burn this account to the ground and come back with a new one, like you've done twice before.

1 minute ago, El Jeffo said:

Nobody's buying what you're selling, alt-bicus.

I enjoy reading these posts. So somebody at least. 

Not so much a fan of sweeping generalisations though or absolutist statement.

There is always the ignore option you know.

30 minutes ago, dom said:

My point is, look at ALL the big players in brexit, and you will see that they are ALL promoting their own agendas before "the will of the people". Without exception. There's no evidence to the contrary.

I thought ALL the big players were claiming that their own agenda IS the will of the people. No evidence required. 

They are all betting that "the people" are too disinclined to put their claims under scrutiny. 

42 minutes ago, balticus said:

Every political event does.    You think there aren't people who haven't made money off of the EU or the single currency?

How old are you?     

Obviously not old enough to know his country's recent history.

36 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

I enjoy reading these posts. So somebody at least. 

I also enjoy Balticus' posts. He shows a good general knowledge of markets and economics. 

46 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Nobody's buying what you're selling, alt-bicus. 

I am here to clarify my own thoughts.   The enlightenment or irritation you get from reading my posts is secondary.

Even though the Brexit vote in 2016 was almost an even split, it seems that there is not a single person on this board except me who thinks that Brexit (depending on the implementation) is the best strategic choice for the UK in the medium to long term. 

13 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

I also enjoy Balticus' posts. He shows a good general knowledge of markets and economics. 

But I thought alt-bicus was an Estonian woman?

As a massive exception to standard operating procedure, I'll bow to your expertise in this case, given that you're all on the Jeffo-hate group chat together (*waves to RF, who never fails to answer the Pratsignal*).

Loose lips and all that.

Just now, El Jeffo said:

But I thought alt-bicus was an Estonian woman?

I thought so too.  

Just now, El Jeffo said:

As a massive exception to standard operating procedure, I'll bow to your expertise in this case, given that you're all on the Jeffo-hate group chat together (*waves to RF, who never fails to answer the Pratsignal*).

I am not part of any group chat.    You sound paranoid.   

@El Jeffo lots of people say lots of things as though witnesses and screenshots don't exist.

Always remember, you never know with whom you're chatting on the web.

18 minutes ago, balticus said:

I am here to clarify my own thoughts.   The enlightenment or irritation you get from reading my posts is secondary.

Even though the Brexit vote in 2016 was almost an even split, it seems that there is not a single person on this board except me who thinks that Brexit (depending on the implementation) is the best strategic choice for the UK in the medium to long term. 

I appreciate reading different perspectives on the topic and appreciate the time you take to compose your thoughts. 

Partly because I am directly affected by this development as a UK national resident in DE it is complicated for me to separate what is in my best personal interest as opposed to UK medium to long term strategic thinking. I do not discount that Brexit could be the best solution for the UK as a whole moving forward. I am actively looking at ways to make Brexit my best personal solution moving forward.

Even if it is not the best solution, ALL people will simply have to take ownership of the situation they have created and adjust their expectations accordingly. 

16 minutes ago, balticus said:

...and entertaining.