Brexit: The fallout

8,725 posts in this topic

But Rory Stewart has said he would not serve in a Johnson government.  Can't have that, a cabinet member with integrity.

52 minutes ago, hooperski said:

So proof if needed that MPs are in the job for their own gains.

Jeremy Hunt has said if he becomes PM he will select a negotiating team including the DUP, ERG as well as Welsh and Scottish representatives.

He said, "It would include people who say if we can't get the right deal we should leave with no deal." "As a General Election would be political suicide".

So he would throw the country under a bus to keep his job. Wanker.

He's not a wanker, not J Hunt. Wanker doesn't rhyme as well as CUNT!

10 hours ago, French bean said:

He's not a wanker, not J Hunt. Wanker doesn't rhyme as well as CUNT!

Didn't he get called that on-air by a news anchor once?

11 hours ago, alexunterwegs said:

Be interesting to see how many Tory MPs will be expelled who were egging on Nigel Farage and his Brexit Party.  I'm not holding my breath. 

Double standards outside the party ok, but not inside! Come on old boy, that wouldn't be cricket now would it?

17 hours ago, Chris Marston said:

Good point. I agree that Labour should have dealt with anti-Semitism allegations more swiftly. However, a failure on their behalf does not make the party systemically anti-Semitic.

Its not for us to decide, lets leave it to the https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/our-work/news/investigation-opened-labour-party-following-complaints-about-antisemitism

17 hours ago, Chris Marston said:

So, are you suggesting that Corbyn is anti-Semitic by association?

If you look back to how this started, whats good for the goose...

On 27/05/2019, 14:57:26, hooperski said:

Baffled as to how one person gets vilyfied, yet another makes a political career out of racism.

The current trend of calling everyone a racist is in my view stupid and negative, but if we are going to call farage racist then its fair game to do the same with corbyn.  There is absolutely no question that Corbyn has a huge problem with Israel, and his whole party has sailed very close to the wind with judaism. 

There is at least as strong an argument as any again farage -- not that I think farage is entirely kosher but he has actually left and more or less wiped out his own party (ukip) because of how he percieves them as anti muslim.

2 hours ago, Mackle said:

Didn't he get called that on-air by a news anchor once?

Yes, it was about 10 years ago on the Today programme on Radio 4 and I was listening to it.

The presenter, can't remember which one it was, had a coughing fit just as he said his name so it came out as cunt not hunt. As it was a live broadcast there was a lot of apologising going on afterwards and no doubt a lot of laughter within the studio.

42 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

There is at least as strong an argument as any again farage -- not that I think farage is entirely kosher but he has actually left and more or less wiped out his own party (ukip) because of how he percieves them as anti muslim.

Is this a deliberate pun?

33 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

The current trend of calling everyone a racist is in my view stupid and negative, but if we are going to call farage racist then its fair game to do the same with corbyn.

Zwiebelfisch: don't do it!

Both these guys aren't stupid. (Yes - I did write that! Trump BTW is stupid)!

Neither are racist! If people think that, then they are stupid!

Farage is simply a nationalist. (Admittedly, him commissioning  the infamous "immigrants marching into EU" poster was stupid). That's a respectable view to take even if I don't share it.

Corbyn is simply against the occupation of Palestine. Don't tell me that this is an extreme view.

The problem with Corbyn is that he should leave Labour before he (McDonnell and Abbott) destroy it the same way T May has destroyed the tory party.

He could start the "New Communist movement"  a la Tony Blair :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

1 hour ago, zwiebelfisch said:

But it was you who decided to label him an open anti-Semite. ;)

I find it hard to make up my mind about Corbyn. He is being vilified by some of the media.

Cammaerts, B., DeCillia, B., Magalhães, J. C., & Jimenez-Martinez, C. (2016). Journalistic Representations of Jeremy Corbyn in the British Press: From ‘Watchdog’ to ‘Attackdog’ . Retrieved from London School of Economics (LSE) website: http://www.lse.ac.uk/media@lse/research/pdf/JeremyCorbyn/Cobyn-Report-FINAL.pdf

33 minutes ago, dom said:

This picture worried me somewhat:

cc.png.4bdcb290724ccd272a7a6f84d18ad52d.

Spot the difference ... Corbyn wears no tie. Ever so radical. ;)

17 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

Boris Trump...

5cee67e7a11ad_boristrump.jpg.ecd85a87567

why does his mouth look like an ars*hole?