Brexit: The fallout

10,139 posts in this topic

But he self owned himself with this tweet.

If a long extension leaves us stuck in the EU we should be as difficult as possible. We could veto any increase in the budget, obstruct the putative EU army and block Mr Macron’s integrationist schemes.

Isn't this the man that said we had no powers over the EU, and that was the reason why we had to leave.
So if I understand this correctly, if the UK can veto things, then the EU must be a democracy.
The man has either lied to us or he is clueless about the system.

17 minutes ago, hooperski said:
So if I understand this correctly, if the UK can veto things, then the EU must be a democracy.

He is essentially just talking about civil disobedience, being a pain but not actually breakling any rules.  I dont agree with him, but from his perspective its a perfectly reasonable stance and summed up fairly well considering its a tweet with a limit of a couple of hundred letters or so.

What would anyone hope to gain by being "as difficult as possible" to the powers with whom one is negotiating?

Makes. No. Sense.

9 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What would anyone hope to gain by being "as difficult as possible" to the powers with whom one is negotiating?

Makes. No. Sense.

If your aim is to be thrown out of a club, making yourself annoying for the other members is not a completely stupid idea.

34 minutes ago, hooperski said:

But he self owned himself with this tweet.

If a long extension leaves us stuck in the EU we should be as difficult as possible. We could veto any increase in the budget, obstruct the putative EU army and block Mr Macron’s integrationist schemes.

On 4.2.2019, 08:12:07, balticus said:
On 31.1.2019, 13:10:28, yesterday said:

Isn't that what the UK has done along?

However, doing that now after it is clear that the UK is leaving the EU I can see that this could seriously damage the relationship between the UK and the EU. It could be viewed as the UK being the enemy from within. I would really advise the UK NOT to do that but to treat the democratc process of foreign countries with the respect they deserve. Which would mean for the UK to shut up to not attend meetings and to influence any decision.

17 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Makes. No. Sense.

You think Brexit makes sense!

(PS.  I do agree with you!)

30 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

If your aim is to be thrown out of a club, making yourself annoying for the other members is not a completely stupid idea.

Burning Bridges 101 B)

44 minutes ago, Namu said:

However, doing that now after it is clear that the UK is leaving the EU I can see that this could seriously damage the relationship between the UK and the EU.

For that matter, any  other country that the UK wants to have an agreement with in future, as the UK would not be working in " good faith " 

1 hour ago, hooperski said:
Isn't this the man that said we had no powers over the EU, and that was the reason why we had to leave.

And the idiot that said:

He has argued for abolition of environmental protections: "We could say, if it's good enough in India, it's good enough for here."

Labour Chief Whip Nick Brown to @callummay:

“We’ve received something from the govt we’re looking at now”

Q: “What sort of thing?”

A: “A piece of paper”

:lol:

My proposal for a new amendment:

Stay in the EU and pretend that we're out.

Print thousands of "F*CK the EU" T-shirts and sell them to brits; print "we LOVE the EU" T-shirts and export them to the EU - tariff-free!

Tell british fishermen they can fish in all UK waters; tell non-UK-EU-fishermen they can carry on as usual.

Everyone's a winner.

4 minutes ago, dom said:

Stay in the EU and pretend that we're out.

They did that until 23rd of June 2016 ;)

Separately, it emerged that travellers from the UK would no longer be allowed to bring pork pies, bacon sandwiches or cheddar cheese into the EU in the event of a no-deal Brexit. If the UK crashes out of the bloc, individuals will no longer be allowed to bring meat, cheese or any other animal-based food into the EU, although commercial imports will be allowed subject to checks and controls.

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sort it out May, zacky zacky

37 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

You really offer nothing to this discussion.

ERmmmmm

On 1.4.2019, 18:52:41, RenegadeFurther said:

If you actually bothered to read the amendment you will see it is only modelled on Norway's.

What is the common market 2.0/Norway-plus Brexit option?

It is based on Norway’s relationship with the EU, which is outside the bloc and the customs union but inside the single market. Under the plan the UK would have to join Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland in the European Free Trade Association (Efta), which would then allow it to participate in the European Economic Area (EEA).

The ‘plus’ in this option refers to a temporary customs union with the EU, which would need to be negotiated to avoid a hard border on the island of Ireland. This arrangement would remain in place until the EU and UK agreed a specific trade deal.

Wrong again fool

Not even sure why fraufruit keeps on greening your posts.

Friends will be friends, which of course you wouldn't understand seeing as it is unlikely that you  have any, being the whiner that you are.

Could it be because you have paid of your Tesla

Must be impressing the crap out of you seeing as you keep mentioning money.. The burn, does it hurt much? 

I just made a suggestion. If she wants to follow then she can if  she doesn`t then I don+t really care.

But you do care  fool, otherwise you would not keep on mentioning it, you also kept on mentioning money as regards el Jeffo, damn, it must really burn that some folk make money, especially if you spectacularly suck at it.

Talking of Burn ,

Why cant you two jokers go back to the other brexit thread? 

We did, here we are and now you are whining like a Dundonian ned about it - make up your mind dumbo.

But the UK can refuse them entry at the border if they suspect they will over stay their Visa. 

Indeed they can, ergo, they are controlling their borders and no one can get in that they do not want in. Which means of course your statement of  

Brexit happened because the EU was unwilling to control its borders.

Is complete tripe, but  17,140.742 voters (+1 )  believed that tripe and crapped their nappies and continue to crap them.

Looking at you kid . 

Cue whine about being off ignore :)

EU ministers have said that a letter from Theresa May requesting a further Brexit delay, through the mechanism of an article 50 extension, is too vague to justify it being offered. In a letter to Donald Tusk, president of the European council, May said the UK would like to delay Brexit until 30 June. (See 10.10am.) She specified that date even though, when she asked for an extension until 30 June last month, EU leaders refused, and set 12 April - next Friday - as the deadline if MPs failed to vote for the withdrawal deal. At the time the EU also said that, if the UK wanted a further extension beyond 12 April, May would have to explain “a way forward”. In her letter today May said that she hoped to agree a compromise with Labour and that, if that failed, she might use indicative votes in the Commons to find a way forward. Using similar language, the French, German and Dutch governments all complained that this did not provide enough clarity about how the UK might resolve its Brexit deadlock

One week to go then

Looks like May won't get her wish, either. Maybe it's a British thing. 

France has won the support of Spain and Belgium after signalling its readiness for a no-deal Brexit on 12 April if there are no significant new British proposals, according to a note of an EU27 meeting seen by the Guardian.

The diplomatic cable reveals that the French ambassador secured the support of Spanish and Belgian colleagues in arguing that there should only be, at most, a short article 50 extension to avoid an instant financial crisis, saying: “We could probably extend for a couple of weeks to prepare ourselves in the markets.”

The chances of Theresa May’s proposal of an extension to 30 June succeeding appeared slim as France’s position in the private diplomatic meeting was echoed by an official statement reiterating its opposition to any further Brexit delay without a clear British plan.

Well, you have two years to get your ducks in a row.

Britons living in the EU who return to the UK after Brexit will be able to bring non-British family members until the end of March 2022.

The date has been announced in a UK policy paper on citizens' rights in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

UK nationals will also be allowed to bring in children who were born overseas after exit day.

Standard immigration rules will apply to relatives brought in after the cut-off date.

The right to accompany a UK national will apply to existing non-British children, spouses, partners, parents and grandparents.

I've been asked to weigh in on Brexit. Quite honestly I don't give a toss anymore. I don't think we should have had the vote at all. The person who needs to be held to account is Dave "Pig Fucker" Cameron, who promptly fucked off when his handlers told him he'd fucked up Project Fear. Then they installed Treason May who was picked out of three potential leaders. Many forget she was home sec before this clusterfuck, and sat on the biggest national security problem in UK history, that of endemic paedophilia at high levels only revealed when Jimmy Saville died. This blog:

http://www.drsallybaker.com/posts/

Names lots of names. The rampant child trafficking that Tommy Robinson outed is only part of a wider problem where not just Asians but white elites have been abusing kids for generations, all blackmailed by foreign powers (Russian mafia, Arabs, Americans.). These are installed in Parliament and are untouchable. We don't have a "Britain" anymore. We haven't had a "Britain" since the 1970s. It is gone.

Whatever we wanted we were gonna be disappointed. We are divided, and I think that was the strategy, to prevent us from seeing the true enemy, which is the top 1%. Here is some light relief from Jonathan:

May I be so bold to enquire who asked you to "weigh in on Brexit". Andrew Neill? Robert Peston? Norman Smith, please tell.

43 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

I've been asked to weigh in on Brexit. Quite honestly I don't give a toss anymore. I don't think we should have had the vote at all. 

I think after the May citizens of nowhere speech many of us abroad gave up giving a crap about Brexit. We need to make our own way forward with what we have to the best of our abilities. This takes a certain amount of courage and pragnatism. Abilities that seem to be lacking in those who forced the situation upon us.

The juvenille antics of the chattering classes for their own selfish gain lost credibility a long time ago.  I personally do not want to see the UK break up, but see a good chance of this happening. Sad but life will move on.