Brexit: The fallout

9,370 posts in this topic

May has just said she is going to try for another extension. Now finally she is offering a sit-down with Corbyn to come up with a plan, but she still insists her deal is the only one on the table.

26 minutes ago, pappnase said:

May has just said she is going to try for another extension. 

And by default extending her premiership ...

29 minutes ago, pappnase said:

May has just said she is going to try for another extension. Now finally she is offering a sit-down with Corbyn to come up with a plan, but she still insists her deal is the only one on the table.

I was just thinking Corbyn is getting really old and they´d better get on with the talks and then I even misread a part of your sentence: " she still insists her death is the only one on the table"!

:o:o

30 minutes ago, pappnase said:

The withdrawal agreement is still on the table. Future relationship is all up for grabs.

I can imagine the ERG being livid right now.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I just wanted to say I just got a letter from Hamburg today from the Einwohner-Zentral Amt. It says  I (Brits in general ) should apply for a residency permit by 29th June 2019  to allow the ongoing exercise of any economic activity there.  As long as I apply for a residency permit by then, my economic activities in Germany will remain lawful  beyond 29th June 2019  even if the Ausländeramt does not take a decision on my application until after that date.

Where to go as Brits in Hamburg:

www.hamburg.de/eza.

Haven´t clicked on yet--too tired tonight and a bit concerned...tomorrow with a fresh mind...

1 hour ago, pappnase said:

Hands up anyone who is surprised.

May, has given up trying to pursude tories and DUP to back her deal, she knows she has to get kabour support. Trouble is that she still wants her deal to pass - Labuor is only looking for a general election. So they will never agree ... All that has happened is that the can has been kicked down the road for a month or 2. May has talked with corbyn in the past, he wants what she will never give.

10 hours ago, yesterday said:

May, has given up trying to pursude tories and DUP to back her deal, she knows she has to get kabour support. Trouble is that she still wants her deal to pass - Labuor is only looking for a general election. So they will never agree ... All that has happened is that the can has been kicked down the road for a month or 2. May has talked with corbyn in the past, he wants what she will never give.

I think Corbyns problem is that Boris Johnson can come in a few months and rip everything up.

10 hours ago, yesterday said:

Trouble is that she still wants her deal to pass - Labuor is only looking for a general election. So they will never agree ... All that has happened is that the can has been kicked down the road for a month or 2. May has talked with corbyn in the past, he wants what she will never give.

May and Corbyn...two stubborn mules!

8705.jpg.6213a38d58a79ea194ba550cf834aec

18 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

She's behaving like a bloody dictator, if it's a choice between no deal or revoke A50 the people should be given the vote, not her damned choice :angry:

Why? People already voted for the government to make decisions!

Clearly the common idiot cannot judge on complicated matters, a referendum was a stupid idea in the first place!

Referendums should only be for social topics, like abortion, euthanasia, etc.

For all the rest, we vote for a (supposely) group of "wise" people to make the right decisions on complex topics! That is the definition of a government!

If I were her, I would cancel this whole mess. Any other decision is incompetence from her side!

The only way corbyn and May will agree, is for the two to get married

Then May ( then corbyn ), can tell Jeremy what to do, and he will have to do it :D

21 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Why? People already voted for the government to make decisions!

Clearly the common idiot cannot judge on complicated matters, a referendum was a stupid idea in the first place!

An election is effectively a referendum.

Are you saying we should scrap democracy?

20 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

are you f*cking mad??

14 minutes ago, dom said:

are you f*cking mad??

Please substantiate.

IMO, Brexit is the perfect example on why referendums should only be for social topics.

The average idiot cannot understand complex topics.

35 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

An election is effectively a referendum.

No it is not! It is a choice of a government program (which itself is vast), plus a choice of the people to run it.

Are you saying we should scrap democracy?

No, we need it to control the mob, we need the illusion of power in the hands of the people.

Democracy and religion are extremely effective in controlling the mob.

But (non-social topic) referendums is giving too much power to the mob, then shit like Brexit happens.

10 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Please substantiate.

IMO, Brexit is the perfect example on why referendums should only be for social topics.

The average idiot cannot understand complex topics.

Do you think abortion is any easier a topic to vote on than EU membership??

In Germany there is currently a huge debate going on about organ donation, as the government wants to make every citizen a donor by default with right to refuse. If you think this is easy to put to a referendum, think again!

12 hours ago, yesterday said:

Hey Jeremy, see this massive shit sandwich that I've made, do you fancy taking a bite.

I've not come up with anything like a workable plan, so I want Jeremy alongside to take some of the blame.

Theresa May is now about to snatch defeat from the jaws of defeat.

21 minutes ago, dom said:

Do you think abortion is any easier a topic to vote on than EU membership??

It´s not easy. But it is not complex.

21 minutes ago, dom said:

In Germany there is currently a huge debate going on about organ donation, as the government wants to make every citizen a donor by default with right to refuse. If you think this is easy to put to a referendum, think again!

It´s not easy. But it is not complex.