Brexit: The fallout

7,267 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Or maybe they'll just fling poo. I know I would.

Why is that Jeffo? 

Am i correct in saying that you would actually lift up poo and throw it at people?

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

They are talking about the citizenship test, not the German language test.

Which makes me wonder what level of german someone reasonably needs to pass the citizenship test.  I havent done it, but I did help a friend study for it a while ago and it seemed to me that the questions were mostly simple provided you understand them, ie your german is up to it.  

Im not good as estimating language levels, but from what I remember of B1 reading Id expect someone would need a higher level to make sense of many of the questions.

In theory someone could learn the questions by rote without understanding them, but Id expect 300 odd is beyond most people memory.

7 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

Which makes me wonder what level of german someone reasonably needs to pass the citizenship test.  I havent done it, but I did help a friend study for it a while ago and it seemed to me that the questions were mostly simple provided you understand them, ie your german is up to it.  

Im not good as estimating language levels, but from what I remember of B1 reading Id expect someone would need a higher level to make sense of many of the questions.

In theory someone could learn the questions by rote without understanding them, but Id expect 300 odd is beyond most people memory.

I would say that the right person could pass the test without knowing much or any German!

300 questions is actually not as bad as you think and well within the scope of human capability.  When I was studying for the exam I used a phone app and website to practice.  Which I done several times a day.

If you do this enough then after a while you do get to recognise the questions and you know the answers!  Also, the correct answers appear in the same place every time (for the same question).  So even if you don't recall the correct phrase, then you could remember the correct position for that question!

At the end, I wasn't even reading the questions fully anymore.  Just scanning them, as I knew them.  Although, I have probably forgotten them since.

Of course in the real exam, I took my time and read every one fully.  Picked my answer, and then read it again just to make sure!  I got 100%, so I done ok!

German B1 is as well a requirement for the German citizenship application.

My Landkreis is definitely prioritising Brits as they asked me to push my next appointment back into April after asking if I was affected by Brexit.

13 minutes ago, murphaph said:

My Landkreis is definitely prioritising Brits as they asked me to push my next appointment back into April after asking if I was affected by Brexit.

...talk about leaving it to the last moment!

I took the B1 test and Einbürgerungstest and yes the latter can be passed by simply memorizing the (multiple choice) answers since they always ask from the same pool of questions. Look here for help: http://www.bpb.de/die-bpb/138852/federal-agency-for-civic-education

The B1 test is more tricky and you do need to speak/read/write some german!!

it includes an interview with an examiner who judges your spoken skills.

Recommended to attend a one off preparation seminar for B1 because you should know how the exam works!

I've done all the tests and passed. Just waiting to submit my application again as they rejected it first time. Luckily for me I'm in no hurry.

2 hours ago, dom said:

...talk about leaving it to the last moment!

I took the B1 test and Einbürgerungstest and yes the latter can be passed by simply memorizing the (multiple choice) answers since they always ask from the same pool of questions. Look here for help: http://www.bpb.de/die-bpb/138852/federal-agency-for-civic-education

The B1 test is more tricky and you do need to speak/read/write some german!!

it includes an interview with an examiner who judges your spoken skills.

Recommended to attend a one off preparation seminar for B1 because you should know how the exam works!

I did the Einbürgerungstest in November and B1 test in January.

Some questions would be tricky for a German without any practice at it as they are just facts/general knowledge (e.g when was the Berlin wall built?), but it's multiple choice, you can practice online and to pass need only get 17 from 33 correct. So there really is no excuse even if your German skills aren't up to much.

The B1 test however requires a certain level of German but isn't that difficult, I have been here 18 years so really no excuse for me there either.

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I peruse this thread for learning the latest on Brexit.

being kicked out of germany for not being a german/EU citizen after brexit is relevant don't you think?

More relevant than BoJo's sister getting her tits out for "brexit" attention anyway...

17 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I believe there is another thread for these posts. 

Thanks. I peruse this thread for learning the latest on Brexit.

It is nice that you would like to better inform yourself. Perhaps you might like to read a newspaper and leave this thread to those who wish to discuss the issues that are of direct concern to them. 

Whether you find the content relevant is not really the point.

5 hours ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Also, the correct answers appear in the same place every time (for the same question).  So even if you don't recall the correct phrase, then you could remember the correct position for that question!

I have heard that this is not necessarily true for the Berlin test. Perhaps it was a mistake by the examiners but I would not recommend to presume that pattern recognition is enough.

If the purpose of the test is to demonstrate actual integration through understanding the questions then B2 and a dictionary are probably in order.

9 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Lots of it is "High management" text... Lots of words that have absolutely zero content at all... or a repetition of whats already been said ...

Sounds more that you are describing civil service middle management waffle. The hot air produced by those who wish to appear erudite but do not actually have anything of consequence to say. Not really the decision makers, rather those who have fallen along the career wayside.

3 hours ago, Kommentarlos said:

Sounds more that you are describing civil service middle management waffle. The hot air produced by those who wish to appear erudite but do not actually have anything of consequence to say. Not really the decision makers, rather those who have fallen along the career wayside.

Aka swimmer?

On 2/21/2019, 8:14:13, snowingagain said:

I am reliant on my husband for most income and all of health insurance, and he is not German.  Any chance?!

I am only guessing here but I would assume that you are the sort of person Germany would want to deport as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, RenegadeFurther said:

I am only guessing here but I would assume that you are the sort of person Germany would want to deport as soon as possible.

You never get tired of your bullshit.   Germany would not deport a non-working spouse just because he/she depends on his/her working spouse.

Could you please stop with your crap?  I know you are an attention whore, but it is too much.

Just now, Krieg said:

You never get tired of your bullshit.   Germany would not deport a non-working spouse just because he/she depends on his/her working spouse.

Could you please stop with your crap?  I know you are an attention whore, but it is too much.

You don`t have to read. 

Why do you keep following me around this website?

I dont think he is following you... merely replying to a post that he either beleives in or dis-beleives in...

He beleives you are talking crap and bullshit...  

Ren.. Try not to take it personally... but listen to advise!