Brexit: The fallout

7,954 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jeremytwo said:

Good man, I'm sure there'll be a "flood" of inquiries... In fact now the snow is melting, "watch the water". Visitors to your place are gonna need a boat. Now as I'm reinvigorating my carpentry project spring I'll be able to say "Here's one I prepared earlier..." :lol:

Carpentry project? A shed you can sleep in when your wife finally gets sick of your constant boozing and kicks you out of the house?

Sounds about right.

1 hour ago, jeremytwo said:

Good man, I'm sure there'll be a "flood" of inquiries... In fact now the snow is melting, "watch the water". Visitors to your place are gonna need a boat. Now as I'm reinvigorating my carpentry project spring I'll be able to say "Here's one I prepared earlier..." :lol:

Ah, time to float the boat:rolleyes:

Right, that boat is gonna be the Brexit Ark - promised for a very long time with all the bells and whistles, very expensive, and nothing materializes. :D

15 hours ago, hooperski said:

if Boris gets his dick out to prove a point, I'm going to blow my brains out.

Don't do it Hooperski! It's not worth it!!!!

All of Boris Johnson’s women – a rundown of the affairs, flings and love-children left in the former Foreign Secretary’s wake

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7198455/all-of-boris-johnsons-women-a-rundown-of-the-affairs-flings-and-love-children-left-in-the-former-foreign-secretarys-wake/

with 6 weeks to go and no deal in sight, I marched off to the Landratsamt today to exchange my UK driving licence for a german one.

The guy at the amt told it me it will take 7-8 weeks for the checks with the DVLA to come back as they now have a huge backlog of licence checks to make thanks to brexit...

Also, he said that the 2 vehicle classes (7.5t lorry, bus) which in germany require further tests and so would not be on the DE licence, could be reinstated if I decided later to exchange back to a UK licence (ie if a post brexit deal make this possible/favourable). Cost = 24 Euro.

Anyone living in the EU from April who want to drive would be advised to do the same, seems not a big effort to make to avoid landing in the brex-shit

6 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

I was allowed to keep my UK DL because of the 7.4 ton permission... 

post brexit??

The DVLA has withdrawn advice posted a few months ago. Now it says:

From 28 March 2019, lorry and truck drivers from the UK will need extra documentation to drive in the EU and EEA.

This includes registering certain trailers with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) and carrying a trailer registration certificate.

In the event that the UK leaves the EU without a deal, UK lorry and truck drivers may also need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive in the EUand EEA.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prepare-to-drive-in-the-eu-after-brexit-lorry-and-goods-vehicle-drivers

For driving a car:

Driving licence exchange for UK nationals living in the EU

If you are a UK licence holder living in the EU or EEA you should exchange your UK driving licence for a local EU driving licence before 29 March 2019. From that date, in the event that there is no EU Exit deal, you may have to pass a driving test in the EU country you live in to be able to carry on driving there.

You should consider exchanging your UK driving licence for an EU driving licence as soon as possible. Increased demand may lead to longer processing times and delays to exchanging driving licences the closer it is to 29 March 2019.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prepare-to-drive-in-the-eu-after-brexit

16 hours ago, hooperski said:

What the fuck has Britain become, if Boris gets his dick out to prove a point, I'm going to blow my brains out.

Noooooo! Stay with us, Hoops!

Breathe...chill... post another joke or ten! Please! :)

STOP PRESS: TOP SECRET BREXIT NEGOTIATION STRATEGY VIDEO LEAKED!!!

2 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

I was allowed to keep my UK DL because of the 7.4 ton permission... 

Have you tried this?

7 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

You are such a plank...

And if you ever finish building your boat... you would quallify perfectly for an aprenticeship at this place...

joiners...jpeg

We all eat a load of contaminated food with or without the US trade agreement with the UK anyway, Mackle. Unfortunately. 

Regional airline Flybmi collapses, blaming Brexit uncertainty

The British airline Flybmi has gone bust, cancelling all flights with immediate effect and blaming Brexit as the main cause of its collapse.

The company, which employs 376 staff and operates more than 600 flights a week, said it faced “several difficulties” in recent weeks including spikes in fuel and carbon costs, the latter arising from the EU’s recent decision to exclude UK airlines from full participation in the Emissions Trading Scheme.