Brexit: The fallout

7,351 posts in this topic

Ford has told May that they will move production out of the UK if there is a no deal Brexit and that they have to act now. 13k direct jobs and countless more indirect on the line.

There are those arguing that so much damage has already taken place (or is unavoidable) regardless of what paliament might decide (if it ever does) that accepting "No-Deal" means it can't get much worse...

Government now to be sued over no-deal ferry contracts.

Chris Grayling is accused of misleading the House over this fiasco, he is up shit creek without a paddle ... ... ... ... ... ... or a boat.

If only we had the Marx Brothers to sort out this mess for us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47206303

3 minutes ago, Krieg said:

FFS

"When I voted to leave I didn't think it would change anything for my rights to live here. We like it here and we don't want to go back but if I don't get my pension we might not have a choice."

Agree Krieg- that was another idiot who never researched what leaving might mean, and now whinges about  personal issues.

The thing is, most people don`t listen usually.    Most of this sort of thing was always really 100% obvious logical consequence but there`s been no point in spending the last three years saying it because many people do not listen.   It was also clearly not even worth it during the vote, just seen as "Project Fear".     It has been as pointless in telling someone who is going to make a bad marriage to not get married - they just ignore you and get married.   It was also followed by a long period of "but the Spanish will be begging us to stay, they will still want our meagre pension that will depreciate even more and they will be gagging to pick up our elderly healthcare bills" delusion.

In addition, this idea of we 3 million EU citizens in different states as "bargaining chips" was a massive overstatement of our relevance.    We were only ever completely expendable in this sort of idealogical war.  Collateral damage.

Unless you are Scottish or in Scotland (via SNP), most Remainers and / or those impacted have little representation in the UK.   Only the House of Lords seems to get it.

24 minutes ago, Krieg said:

We like it here and we don't want to go back but if I don't get my pension we might not have a choice."

The average person located in the rainy UK has little sympathy with what they see as pensioners enjoying life in Spain with better weather etc.  I guess articles like that one serve to support that view...

1 hour ago, HEM said:

The average person located in the rainy UK has little sympathy with what they see as pensioners enjoying life in Spain with better weather etc.

OK, you asked for this! REMEMBER: The classic line come at 2:10:

Talking about immigrants in Britain, "They have their own pubs".  Too stupid to realise the irony. :lol:

6 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

5c63f2c5a08b5_bluebodybags.jpg.588762f95

She looks like she just defecated into her hands and has started clapping...

Edit:

Thanks to Hoops for the autocorrect mistake alert - seems defecting is preferable to defecating (although she should weigh her options carefully)  ;) 

7 hours ago, murphaph said:

Ford has told May that they will move production out of the UK if there is a no deal Brexit and that they have to act now. 13k direct jobs and countless more indirect on the line.

ford is too small to survive.  

https://amp.welt.de/wirtschaft/article186879234/Elektroautos-Ford-wird-zum-ersten-Opfer-des-automobilen-Endspiels.html?wtmc=socialmedia.twitter.shared.web&__twitter_impression=true

On 03/02/2019, 12:32:18, SpiderPig said:

Please show me where in Europe housing has become cheaper in the past 10years!!

I see only an upward trend... and I look on a very regular basis!

Scotland

On 03/02/2019, 14:18:43, SpiderPig said:

What on earth are you on about?

What on earth are you on about?

On 2/3/2019, 1:32:18, SpiderPig said:

Please show me where in Europe housing has become cheaper in the past 10years!!

Er, look no further than your flood risk farmhouse....