15 Year Old Syrian Refugee Killed in Bremen

72 posts in this topic

I read this in the FAZ: http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/kriminalitaet/15-jaehriger-stirbt-nach-angriff-an-silvester-in-bremen-14609828.html

The police did not mention the nationality of the suspects.

Why do the always try to omit this information? There will always be a source for this information.

E.g. here (or is it a fake news?)

https://enoughisenough14.org/2017/01/07/15-year-old-syrian-refugee-killed-in-bremen-germany-antifa/

Well, dear @AnswerToLife42, you should have learned by now that if the police omit the nationality of the perp it is most certainly a person with an immigrant background. :)

If it was a German or other so called "white", this would be trumpeted all over the news.

Indeed. If the attackers were rightwing extremists it would have been all over the news by now. 

The report from the BILD says the Kripo definitely count out extreme right wingers and the BILD says  the attackers are from the " refugee scene " (whatever that means...)...hm, refugee scene? Or migrants? Or long term immigrants? Or second generation? it´s all too vague.

Whoops: forgot klubbnika had already posted...

10 minutes ago, bramble said:

Indeed. If the attackers were rightwing extremists it would have been all over the news by now. 

It's been in the news . And not just today. What's your point again ? The usual twaddle of an ill informed but prejudiced ?

https://enoughisenough14.org/2017/01/07/15-year-old-syrian-refugee-killed-in-bremen-germany-antifa/

Just reading this..(Weser Kurier )...it says there is no suspicion of racial motivation but how does anyone know whether there was indeed racial motivation eg persons of nationality A killed him because he was Syrian? Who knows? That would also be racism, wouldn´t it? Killing or attacking ANYONE , in my view, because they are from a different culture," colour ", nationality, religion etc is revolting.

But who knows what happened and why?

19 minutes ago, bramble said:

It works like that where I come from too.

Doesnt even have to be a right-wing extremist, just a non-immigrant perp.

8 minutes ago, john g. said:

.it says there is no suspicion of racial motivation

Wrong . It says that there seems to be no "fremdenfeindlicher Hintergrund". That means that the killing , or the fight before, most likely didn't have a xenophobic background, that there were no xenophobic Germans involved.That's what the reports say. Racism might well be the reason, a fight between Kurds and one or more Syrians could have such a background.

According to the English language link, Frank Passade of the Bremen state prosecution stated there are no indications  at the moment that German nationals were involved in the murder...and that this is the reason why the Bremen police department until now has announced no indications of a racist motivation for the crime. So, according to that guy, only Germans are capable of racist motivations? Am I reading that correctly?

3 minutes ago, john g. said:

So, according to that guy, only Germans are capable of racist motivations?

No-

First, why don't you read the original article, that of the Weser Zeitung, instead of a copy of a copy of a copy? Hardly because you look for the best info.

What the police officer said is that there is no indication that xenophobia is the motivation. Now we have to be able to differ between racism and xenophobia. In the UK of these days we see a lot of xenophobia, expressed in the Brexit vote but also in daily life. That's not racism, Poles are white Europeans , christinas, etc.But many Brits don't want them in their country anymore. Britain the Brits. that's xenophobia. Racism doesn't stop, like xenophobia, at a countries border but is universal.

2 minutes ago, klubbnika said:

Sosarx, In Britain, being disliked on the basis of one's country of origin is considered racism.

... and elsewhere, as in Germany, there are more precise terms in use. And if you fail to see the difference you can only fail to realize what e.g. a news report is actually all about. Who's fault is it then, especially when the person in question lives since decades in Germany ? Nicht integriert oder was ?

16 minutes ago, klubbnika said:

@Sosarx, In Britain, being disliked on the basis of one's country of origin is considered racism.

That's probably because people use words without knowing their actual meanings (or spelling). Just as well - the number of people who misspell 'raceism' or whatever - imagine what carnage there would be with 'xenophobic'!

John g - he is probably referring to any of the 99% of Toytowners who use 'racism' in a woolly way. 'Xenophobic'  - word of the week. 

For the young man who was killed, and for anyone who is a victim or perpetrator of such horrors, the word used is pretty irrelevant, it is hateful and disgusting when such attitudes lead to violence or injustice.  .

9 minutes ago, sosarx said:

... and elsewhere, as in Germany, there are more precise terms in use. And if you fail to see the difference you can only fail to realize what e.g. a news report is actually all about. Who's fault is it then, especially when the person in question lives since decades in Germany ? Nicht integriert oder was ?

I think you mixed me up with John, but it's ok.

You gave an example of Brexit and the Brits being "xenophobic" and I just informed you of how it looks like in the UK. I live there, remember?

I was not talking about Germany or elsewhere.

So what is the difference between xenophobia and racism, @sosarx? In your opinion?

Good points, kiplette!  Your arrival has saved me from  a moment of madness!:lol:

xenophobia refers to a territory.Your territory, country, which you don't want to shere with foreigners. Racism is a general attitude which applies with no border limit.

Must be hard to understand I guess. Or you never thought about what you think, read ,say and write.

7 minutes ago, kiplette said:

That's probably because people use words without knowing their actual meanings (or spelling). Just as well - the number of people who misspell 'raceism' or whatever - imagine what carnage there would be with 'xenophobic'!

John g - he is probably referring to any of the 99% of Toytowners who use 'racism' in a woolly way. 'Xenophobic'  - word of the week. 

Yeah, critisizing a certain religion is for example considered "racism".