Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Seeking Ski and Snowboard Friends - Intermediate to Advanced

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My name is Bryon, 27 from Portland, OR and i've been living in Munich for just about a year now.  It's that time of year again where the stoke for snow is at a maximum high and i'm looking for people who want to go and explore different Mountains in Tirol and the neighboring Alps.  I've been skiing since I was little and i'm experienced in Park & Pipe as well as all mountain and off-piste.  I don't have true backcountry experience but am also down to begin to move into this area.  Anyhow I ski hard, have a good skill set and am looking for other skiers and snowboards who ride hard and are skilled to enjoy the winter with.  If you're interested in going on a weekend trip or a single day trip let me know and we can coordinate!  Would be very happy to meet new people who share the same passion for the snow and mountains as I do!!!

Best, 

Bryon

Bryon, I have lived here 16 years and am not so mobile this year as I have a tiny dog added to my family. However I know the circuit a little.

You have either Lenggries, Garmisch (shit)  or Tegernsee. Wife's rich grandad chose Lenggries. Brauneck is cool. They have a black at Galanthang which I haven't yet myself tried but is good I hear.

Cool area in Tyrol is the Dolomites. We particularly love the Sella Ronda and pounded the blacks this spring. Must admit I got injured making nonsense for my daughter. Reason my ski tour wife loves them? If we have a shit winter here which is likely this year, the south Alps get the snow.

If you need gear there are excellent flohmarkts all over in spring.

Okay my wine has run out. I have to go. Fun.

On 21.12.2016, 21:09:32, BryonA said:

Hi all,

My name is Bryon, 27 from Portland, OR and i've been living in Munich for just about a year now.  It's that time of year again where the stoke for snow is at a maximum high and i'm looking for people who want to go and explore different Mountains in Tirol and the neighboring Alps.  I've been skiing since I was little and i'm experienced in Park & Pipe as well as all mountain and off-piste.  I don't have true backcountry experience but am also down to begin to move into this area.  Anyhow I ski hard, have a good skill set and am looking for other skiers and snowboards who ride hard and are skilled to enjoy the winter with.  If you're interested in going on a weekend trip or a single day trip let me know and we can coordinate!  Would be very happy to meet new people who share the same passion for the snow and mountains as I do!!!

Best, 

Bryon

HI Bryon, I am into randonee, backcountry and sometimes alpine skiing. I lived in the States for a while and I am spoiled with champaign powder of the rockies. That is why I do not go alpine skiing as often. Only after a big snow storm. So if you like to join - should it be snowing sometimes soon ... - you are very welcome.

best

Oliver

Hi Bryon

I've been boarding for about 15 years and lived here for a couple of years. I'm comfortable with any terrain, I'm not so much into Park-Pipe these days but been trying to get into more back-country after buying a beacon last year. I have to admit I quite like Garmisch, the Kandahar run is one of my favourite out there. Anyway most the people I know here don't really ski/board, those that do tend to be a bit slower hence I'm keen to find anyone of a similar level.

Thanks

You could try

www.munichskitourers.com

They go back country

Although as the name suggests, its a ski touring group, you need the gear to go uphill as well down, beacon and spade are required