Truck-driven terror attack at Berlin Christmas market

499 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Insigna said:

Whoever gave the negative post, justify yourself

I didn't red you, but I can see why some people would. Your response is pretty much exactly that hoped for by those who commit these atrocities.

OK, add in a "probably" just before "pretty" in my response.

If they're not doing it just for kicks, there must be another reason.

14 hours ago, Insigna said:

tell you what. i live in a smalll village in DACHAU Landkries. we haee have 150 refugiees. I have visited many times Dachau camp, maninly Syriens with Africans We have Afghans iin the villlage with Black Aficans muslims. I never got invvolved with the Afghans, all single young men as they gave me the chill, only the refugiees from Mali and Senegal. 

And I do not support Islam in europe anymore. I have not closed my door to the boys. Hell, I am a catholic, and they come to my house, they are free to pray to Allah, I got up at 4 38 am over ramadan to make breakfast if one of them was sleeping over. so what do you want me to do? I

There is a huge contradiction here. You say you are "done with islam" but yet you want to help them? Your insinuation that "peaceful muslims" are just giving lip service when they condemn the acts of ISIS is terrible to me. If you hate muslims so much please find another charitable project to earn your catholic ticket to heaven. Pretending you care about people when you really think they are evil is sending the wrong message to those we want to integrate.

21 hours ago, NathanInGermany said:

You are still far far more likely to die in your car on the way to the market; or your wife to get raped on her night out after, or your child to fall while playing and be paralysed for life. There are some risks that are so remote that they shouldn't spend a sufficient amount of time on our mind as to change our behaviour. 

This is exactly the mentality that gets us to a Lebanon civil war. Oh it's okay, it's okay until one day it's not. No. I would rather live in a society where the chance of being killed by a truck islamist doesn't need to even come into question

You can´t possibly think it´s a good idea to kick out of the country someone who should have been deported. I mean he´s a foreigner, Conquistador. That would be racist!:rolleyes:

I have just the person to do it, John- TT's own someone's daughter, a.k.a, the Diva of Deportation.

Although it's hard to tell because of multiple/stolen identities, the suspect may also have done some jail time in Ravensburg (he entered Germany in the summer of 2015).

9 minutes ago, Conquistador said:

I have just the person to do it, John- TT's own someone's daughter, a.k.a, the Diva of Deportation.

I wonder where her "department" is playing bowling and smoking cigarettes, while people openly showing their love for extremism online, are actually killing people.

She's just stuck with people having debates on this Toytown forum, while the real criminals are busy getting radicalized. :rolleyes:

More details emerging on Anis A. the new suspect Du Jour:

Tunisian asylum seeker, 23, suspected of carrying out Berlin massacre was arrested THREE times this year amid fears he was planning a terror plot - but they let him go each time

Tunisian asylum seeker suspected of carrying out the Berlin massacre was arrested three times this year amid fears he was planning a terror plot - but they let him go.

Despite being an ISIS supporter known to have received weapons training, German authorities allowed Anis Amri to slip through their clutches time after time. 

The 23-year-old even tried to recruit an accomplice for a terror plot – and again the authorities knew about it 

This afternoon it emerged that he had already been under investigation for planning a 'serious act of violence against the state' and counter-terrorism officials last exchanged information about him in November. 

2 hours ago, perthpanda said:

This is exactly the mentality that gets us to a Lebanon civil war. Oh it's okay, it's okay until one day it's not. No. I would rather live in a society where the chance of being killed by a truck islamist doesn't need to even come into question

The chances of getting run over by a truck in a Christmas market is still much less than in any other place but I guess you could consider moving to a small village if you're so afraid? There is no policy that could be made that would eliminate that small risk of being killed by a terrorist. Maybe banning refugees would reduce the small risk to an even smaller one but the number of people that would lose out from that are too many to justify what would be a very small difference.

4 hours ago, NathanInGermany said:

There is a huge contradiction here. You say you are "done with islam" but yet you want to help them? Your insinuation that "peaceful muslims" are just giving lip service when they condemn the acts of ISIS is terrible to me. If you hate muslims so much please find another charitable project to earn your catholic ticket to heaven. Pretending you care about people when you really think they are evil is sending the wrong message to those we want to integrate.

Nathan, with all due repsect, you don't know Insignia and what she has been up to

She has been voluntarily helping three young African Muslim refugee men for a long while, spent her time and money.

She has got a lot of shit from them in return and almost got physically abused but did not give up.

So before you jump to judgements it maybe better if you find out a little bit more about this poster's background and her experience.

1 hour ago, Erdmann said:

I wonder where her "department" is playing bowling and smoking cigarettes, while people openly showing their love for extremism online, are actually killing people.

She's just stuck with people having debates on this Toytown forum, while the real criminals are busy getting radicalized. :rolleyes:

Maybe they´re having Glühwein at a Christmas market.  I am NOT saying that with a gloat--it just goes to show no one is safe anywhere. Of course, it´s mostly safer at a Christmas Market than on an Autobahn in Germany with many driving at 200km  an hour - also, in our village this evening, I lost count (whilst underway with dogs ), how many drivers were racing through the village and could not possibly have stopped to avoid an old person or a dog/cat whatever..in the dark...there are not only criminals to worry about in this world but general indifference towards others.

43 minutes ago, klubbnika said:

Nathan, with all due repsect, you don't know Insignia and what she has been up to

She has been voluntarily helping three young African Muslim refugee men for a long while, spent her time and money.

She has got a lot of shit from them in return and almost got physically abused but did not give up.

So before you jump to judgements it maybe better if you find out a little bit more about this poster's background and her experience.

You are suggesting that what she actually said doesn't represent her views on muslims? Why would I assume that?

Perhaps insignia sees past the professed religion to the real people within it.

2 hours ago, john g. said:

Maybe they´re having Glühwein at a Christmas market.  I am NOT saying that with a gloat--it just goes to show no one is safe anywhere. Of course, it´s mostly safer at a Christmas Market than on an Autobahn in Germany with many driving at 200km  an hour - also, in our village this evening, I lost count (whilst underway with dogs ), how many drivers were racing through the village and could not possibly have stopped to avoid an old person or a dog/cat whatever..in the dark...there are not only criminals to worry about in this world but general indifference towards others.

John - we both know these Mediterranean lands seem to us idyllic, yet we also know they have zero respect for animal rights, let alone human rights.

Oops did I just say that? Am I a bigot now?

49 minutes ago, jeremy said:

Am I a bigot now?

not just now, but always have been, probably always will.

13 hours ago, NathanInGermany said:

The chances of getting run over by a truck in a Christmas market is still much less than in any other place but I guess you could consider moving to a small village if you're so afraid? There is no policy that could be made that would eliminate that small risk of being killed by a terrorist. Maybe banning refugees would reduce the small risk to an even smaller one but the number of people that would lose out from that are too many to justify what would be a very small difference.

Begs the questions:

What was the risk/instance of killer trucks at Christmas markets before the refugees?

What benefit to Germany/Germans have the refugees brought?

10 hours ago, catjones said:

not just now, but always have been, probably always will.

Do you offer anything to any debate other than name calling?

I was at our Christmas market in Dortmund yesterday. My daughter had tutor and I didn't feel good about her taking the train into town and going through the market alone, especially since they started looking for the guy in this area. The market was pretty empty for being the Wednesday before Christmas, the city had placed trucks at the end of all the streets that lead into the market and the 'information police' now have semi automatic weapons.

So no the terrorist didn't keep me from town but I did make adjustments in my life. It bugs me when people pull the "Oh it is a small risk"  The risk keeps rising and from all indications will continue to.  Not paranoia but fact. So they need to come up with some policies that do lower the risk. Maybe making sure that a criminal, with known links to terrorist, that you have been watching is deported or held until you get his papers, (Which I just heard on CNN arrived today)