Truck-driven terror attack at Berlin Christmas market

499 posts in this topic

Hoping that all TTr's are safe and sending heartfelt sympathy to all the victims and their families.

Whether it was an attack or horrible accident yet remains to be seen. I was there shortly before it happened, got home and heard the news. Awful.

It's nice to say condolences, change our facebook profiles to the next european flag filter, sure. But it is disgraceful that Europeans cannot enjoy Christmas markets/Bastille day/next crowd event without the risk of being plowed into by trucks. Feeling sorry for ourselves isn't going to stop this from happening again and that pisses me off

Just wanted to pass on my best wishes and hope that none of you guys over there have lost anyone or been hurt in this.

I got lucky, friends and family out at the time were at other Christmas markets..

Hope all is well with TTers, their friends and families.

Yet again it pains me to be saying my heart goes out to all those affected by another despicable cowardly evil deed. 

Cologne station has just been evacuated.

On 12/20/2016, 5:05:41, perthpanda said:

it is disgraceful that Europeans cannot enjoy Christmas markets/Bastille day/next crowd event without the risk of being plowed into by trucks.

You are still far far more likely to die in your car on the way to the market; or your wife to get raped on her night out after, or your child to fall while playing and be paralysed for life. There are some risks that are so remote that they shouldn't spend a sufficient amount of time on our mind as to change our behaviour. 

2015/6 have been such awful years. Lets hope 2017 is much better. 

17 hours ago, NathanInGermany said:

You are still far far more likely to die in your car on the way to the market;

So, don't drive defensively, don't be situation aware at night, let you kids play on the roof of the house and don't worry or change your behavior.  Odds are, you'll be fine.

Hello back. being out of sight for a while for personal reasons, but I am disgusted with this. The first news I came across before my first cup of coffee this morning. I just have no understanding or tolerane any more. This is our land, we are christians,we have built this society on understanding and respect. Islam is taking over and we are standing idle. More terrorists attacks than ever before and we just watch and give the oher cheeck. I have enough and that comes from a good catholic who has suported Muslims and refugiees. I am so done wiith Islam and those so called peaceful muslims, well,to me now they just watch Isis paving the road, mutter between their teeth that they condemn those attacks but hey, life would be so much better for them if Europe was islamic. 

I will sign this Kadiatu as this is the Muslim name I have been given.

Islam is going to bring civil war in Europe Wake Up! I feel sorry for the boys I am supporting but they are guilty for looking the oher way. Islam is war, killing and destruction

1 minute ago, NathanInGermany said:

You come from Dachau you say. Any particular structure or...? ;) 

what do you mean by structure_

tell you what. i live in a smalll village in DACHAU Landkries. we haee have 150 refugiees. I have visited many times Dachau camp, maninly Syriens with Africans We have Afghans iin the villlage with Black Aficans muslims. I never got invvolved with the Afghans, all single young men as they gave me the chill, only the refugiees from Mali and Senegal. 

And I do not support Islam in europe anymore. I have not closed my door to the boys. Hell, I am a catholic, and they come to my house, they are free to pray to Allah, I got up at 4 38 am over ramadan to make breakfast if one of them was sleeping over. so what do you want me to do? I

Hi Insigna - several of us on TT were worried about you. Good to hear you are okay. 

8 hours ago, Insigna said:

tell you what. i live in a smalll village in DACHAU Landkries. we haee have 150 refugiees. I have visited many times Dachau camp, maninly Syriens with Africans We have Afghans iin the villlage with Black Aficans muslims. I never got invvolved with the Afghans, all single young men as they gave me the chill, only the refugiees from Mali and Senegal. 

And I do not support Islam in europe anymore. I have not closed my door to the boys. Hell, I am a catholic, and they come to my house, they are free to pray to Allah, I got up at 4 38 am over ramadan to make breakfast if one of them was sleeping over. so what do you want me to do? I

Madame, where have you been? I ve been worried sick and pestered jeremy about you.

You cannot just disappear like that.

9 hours ago, NathanInGermany said:

That special camp. Are you from there? We could perhaps reopen it for all those that support islam.

That's a VERY silly comment, Nathan. DId not expect it from you.