Shoplifting case effect on acquiring citizenship

32 posts in this topic

On 15/12/2016, 22:30:41, bramble said:
8 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

 

You did, as BayrischDude explained to you.

 

 

To avoid hassle in the future: We know this kind of "misunderstanding", it's been discussed too often on TT. Don't put anything in your pockets or a rucksack or a bag while you are in shop – once you hide something, that is theft. It doesn't matter if you passed the checkouts or not, it's theft. Use the shopping carts or baskets that are available in the shops, don't hide anything. Never. 

 

 

Your misdemeanor will not affect your citizenship application. Only pending preliminary proceedings or a penalty of more than 90 Tagessätze or more than 3 months suspended sentence would be a problem. 

 

You still have to declare the 'Eingestelltes Ermittlungsverfahren' in your application papers, see Brambles post for detail.

 

And: Work on your marriage, lying to your partner is never wise.

@ someonesdaughter like sseriously I must am so happy getting replys from knowledgeable people it relief ? me of the stress and what am passing through right now..  I didn't actually lie to my partner..  but I felt it a shame if my partner find out I was involved in such a shameful act.. I won't be able to look through her eyes ? anymore..  Am a good and God fearing person,  I was instigate by friends that I could get away with it..  I have ask God for forgiveness and am never ever going to try it again..  I just hope I can do all this without getting her involve..  I hope so save my marriage..  

 

 

On 16/12/2016, 10:34:14, trr said:

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BayrischDude said:

 

Ciano, when one pays a fine, it is automatically an admission.  When you receive a parking ticket or a speeding violation and you pay the fine, it is considered an admission to the violation.  In other words, you are agreeing to the 'crime'.  Paying a fine is an admission of guilt.

 

To obtain a copy of your Führungszeugnis is near impossible for mere curiosity reasons.  As you are applying for citizenship, that might do.  There are certain criteria which allow for a Führungszeugnis free of charge.  I recommend you go to your Rathaus or Landratsamt and ask.  If you need to pay, it is between 13€ and 17€. 

 

To ease your mind a wee bit, 100€ would be considered a misdemeanor, but it depends upon the totality of the circumstances.  So if it was, say, more than 5 years ago, your record could be expunged.

 

I wish you the best of luck in the endeavor.

On 15/12/2016, 22:30:41, bramble said:
8 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

 

You did, as BayrischDude explained to you.

 

 

To avoid hassle in the future: We know this kind of "misunderstanding", it's been discussed too often on TT. Don't put anything in your pockets or a rucksack or a bag while you are in shop – once you hide something, that is theft. It doesn't matter if you passed the checkouts or not, it's theft. Use the shopping carts or baskets that are available in the shops, don't hide anything. Never. 

 

 

Your misdemeanor will not affect your citizenship application. Only pending preliminary proceedings or a penalty of more than 90 Tagessätze or more than 3 months suspended sentence would be a problem. 

 

You still have to declare the 'Eingestelltes Ermittlungsverfahren' in your application papers, see Brambles post for detail.

 

And: Work on your marriage, lying to your partner is never wise.

@ someonesdaughter like sseriously I must am so happy getting replys from knowledgeable people it relief ? me of the stress and what am passing through right now..  I didn't actually lie to my partner..  but I felt it a shame if my partner find out I was involved in such a shameful act.. I won't be able to look through her eyes ? anymore..  Am a good and God fearing person,  I was instigate by friends that I could get away with it..  I have ask God for forgiveness and am never ever going to try it again..  I just hope I can do all this without getting her involve..  I hope so save my marriage..  

 

 

On 16/12/2016, 10:34:14, trr said:

@BayrischDude it really nice getting to read from you again this lovely morning..  Thanks for your advice,  thanks for taking your time among your busy schedule to reply my messages..  I think I will do as you said by appllying for a police report..  But the question is if it doesn't show on the Führungszeugnis does it mean that it won't affect my citizenship application? 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone 

I know that when you going to read this, you are start to think:" what is the problem of international students when came to the other country and do shoplifting" I will not proud of what I did, and a judgment of my situation is really normal , as I was caught on shoplifting, in your spot I probably do the same... It is true when I say that I never did this, and that is why I was caught , because I was really neevouse, but I needed food, I am in the end of month with almost no money, so I still some things from Rewe in Freiburg, in a total no more than 30€ 

They caught me , and present me to the Police, the Police Gave me a paper só I could sign and admit or not the incidente act, which I did ( I admited and signed). I can not entry in Rewe for One year and also I need to pay to them a 100€.

Now, I AM waiting for the decision of percursor/judge , about this situation. The Police man was really Nice and say that it was not apt to them, but the most probably thing that will happened to me, it is: they are going to close the case with me pay a fine, and do not go court. 

My doubts are (and Thank you in advance for reading this and for the help, because I am really scare right now)

1) how many days (usually)do I need to wait to received the letter from percursor about the decision of the court about my case?

2) do you think that this case will end with the payment of the fine? Or am I going to court? Or to jail?

3) it is better to get a lawyer now ? Or better to wait for the letter?

 

About the criminal registion I can not to anything , it is my first time to deal with this, I never commited a crime before. But now I did shoplifting, I should had thinking about this before doing it... 

I am sorry for bother you with this and Thank you!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to volunteer at the Bahnhofsmission in Munich. They offer tea, Sandwiches and other meals (donated by bakeries etc.) 3x/day. It doesn´t mattter who you are, you can go in there and get something to eat. 

 

I don´t know if the Bahnhofsmission in Freiburg also does this, but you can check it out. Here is the Website:

 

https://www.bahnhofsmission.de/index.php?id=312

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cunha said:

Hello everyone 

I know that when you going to read this, you are start to think:" what is the problem of international students when came to the other country and do shoplifting" I will not proud of what I did, and a judgment of my situation is really normal , as I was caught on shoplifting, in your spot I probably do the same... It is true when I say that I never did this, and that is why I was caught , because I was really neevouse, but I needed food, I am in the end of month with almost no money, so I still some things from Rewe in Freiburg, in a total no more than 30€ 

 

I don't shop / shoplift in Rewe but you do realise that in Netto 500g of pasta is something like 39c? Go in the evening, get cheap veg / bread that is near it sell by date and you can feed yourself for a few days for very little money.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Don't you have access to Bafög?

 

EU foreigners are only entitled to Bafoeg under very strict conditions: They must have lived legally in Germany for at least five years, at least one parent must be entitled to freedom of movement as an employee or self-employed person, and the student must have previously worked in Germany for at least 6 months in a field related to their studies. After 12 months of employment subject to social insurance contributions, three years of residence entitled to freedom of movement are sufficient. 

 

After all, EU foreigners already enjoy a largely free study in Germany (no tuition fees). 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for your help! You are great to me! I am really thankful, I have received só much support in here , Thank you :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have One more thing! Sorry sorry :(

Do you know how much time do I have to pay the fine, after received the letter from the court? (More or less) 

Thank you in advance!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Cunha said:

I have One more thing! Sorry sorry :(

Do you know how much time do I have to pay the fine, after received the letter from the court? (More or less) 

Thank you in advance!

 

Please stop posting your questions to different threads, one is enough, ok?

 

You have 14 days, the time limit for lodging an objection also applies. If you want to pay in installments, you should react immediately.

 

But now stop driving yourself (and us, in multiple threads) crazy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now