Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I need a therapist for an emergency

7 posts in this topic

Hello, so I suffer from SPD (schizoid personality disorder) and I am prone to anxiety attacks from time to time, and I think I'm not feeling too well right now, not going into much detail I feel like going to explode with anxiety, now the good news is that I am an European citizen so I have a European insurance card (the blue ones), the bad news is that I don't even know how to look for a temporary therapist (I'm here as an exchange student) in Frankfurt, for an emergency. I live nearby Konstablerwache in Frankfurt, should I go to a therapist or to the hospital, if so which one?

Thank you!

Still the question maintains, I don't know how it works here in Germany, but in my country not all countries have psychiatric emergencies. Plus there is also the question that I don't know very well German.

The hospital should be able to guide you. I am familiar with your disorder so please take care of yourself. There will be people there who speak English.

The hospital should be able to guide you. I am familiar with your disorder so please take care of yourself. There will be people there who speak English.

5 minutes ago, silveringking said:

Still the question maintains, I don't know how it works here in Germany, but in my country not all countries

have psychiatric emergencies.

Same here – but every hospital knows where to go. You could try http://www.psychiatrie.uni-frankfurt.de/44278448/psychiatrie?legacy_request=1 They have an emergency-number 069/6301-5079 (source) but I don't know wheter Its 24/7.

5 minutes ago, silveringking said:

Plus there is also the question that I don't know very well German.

That's rather a condition than a question – what could anyone of us 'answer'? You have to give it a try. 

You can also contact your school's exchange coordinator, they should have a list of doctors who speak foreign languages.