How to contact Vodafone via email to complain.

12 posts in this topic

Hi there, 

just had the most frustrating customer service experience with Vodafone, a straight up nightmare. 
Does anyone know how to complain via email? They raised my contract price and I want to complain and cancel my contract asap. 

I'm not sure how this works but it's basically impossible to complain via their customer service. They straight up lie to your face. I'd rather not have internet than give this people my money. 

Thanks 

I assume it's a cable contract, maybe through your landlord?

You can contact through their website:

https://kabel.vodafone.de/kontakt

Or write a snail mail. Often going through a public channel like their forum is working out best, though. That's what I would do: https://forum.vodafone.de

I wonder how did they raise their price. What did they write you exactly? They should be bound by the contract just like you are. So they should either cancel you to the end of the minimum term or keep the price or at least let you go immediately. Maybe Verbraucherschutz is the way to go.

1 hour ago, stevekerr said:

Hi there, 

just had the most frustrating customer service experience with Vodafone, a straight up nightmare. 
Does anyone know how to complain via email? They raised my contract price and I want to complain and cancel my contract asap. 

I'm not sure how this works but it's basically impossible to complain via their customer service. They straight up lie to your face. I'd rather not have internet than give this people my money. 

Thanks 

I had problems with KD/Vodafone when I moved.  I ended up sending them a snailmail.  However, when you have a contract in Germany, you generally can't cancel right away.  Your original contract was probably for 1-2 years and after that, if you do not cancel it x weeks before it expires, it auto-renews for another year again.

So why did they say they are raising it?  How much did they raise it?

1 hour ago, stevekerr said:

Hi there, 

Thanks 

It's  possible you inadvertently signed up (verbally or other) to a contract that gave you an initial discount and then increased to a higher price...i.e. 9,99€ per month for the first year and then 16,99€ thereafter.

I've  had lots of horrible customer service experience with Vodafone including them putting us on a TV tariff that doesn't actually work in our area.  

First step, find whatever documents you have from Vodafone and check the details.  Then, (how good is your german? You can ask for an English speaking advisor), contact them again and very calmly and rationally, and nicely explain your problem.  In my experience, a few kind and nice words to the customer service person, together with a subtle refusal to be fobbed off, can get you a better solution.  Don't say you want to complain - red rag and all that...just say that you NEED a positive solution.  If that doesn't work, ask nicely and calmly to speak to a manager.  They usually don't want to put you through to a manager directly though may liaise whilst you are hanging on. Get names and direct phone numbers before you get cut-off. Or, if they want give them to you, explicitly ask that they call you back should you be cut off. 

We ended up with a full 6 month refund plus a further discount. Horrible rip-off culture. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

basically they did give me a discount for a year ( so I kept paying 25 as before) but then increased to 45 and then I had to downgrade and was only able to go down to 35. The thing is that the guy who came to my house basically lied to my face saying I was gonna be able to keep paying 25 euros after the discounted year by downgrading. 

The other thing is simply that trying to talk to anyone is a nightmare, seems like they literally try to irritate you until you give up. I explained the same thing today to 5 different operators in a row. It's simply absurd. 

I wrote to them on FB and they got back, now waiting for a proper answer. 

I can't find a way to send an email through the website, I've tried heaps of times and it just won't work. It's a bunch of menus and I never got to a point where I can just send an email. 

8 minutes ago, stevekerr said:

basically they did give me a discount for a year ( so I kept paying 25 as before) but then increased to 45 and then I had to downgrade and was only able to go down to 35. The thing is that the guy who came to my house basically lied to my face saying I was gonna be able to keep paying 25 euros after the discounted year by downgrading.  

Think of their salesmen as used car salesmen.  Would you trust a used car salesman if he said the car was owned by a grandma who only drove it to church on Sundays?  Of course not.  These guys are the same thing.  They actually make very little money aside from commission.  The deal with contracts is that if it's not in writing, it didn't happen.  The salesman who told you this probably found a better job by now and is no longer there.  In case he still is, he probably doesn't even remember you because he does this every day.  Sad but true.

As for what you can do now, actually very little.  You can cancel your contract to the next possible date which is probably a year from now if this just happened.  You can then set up an account with another provider which will probably be equally dishonest.  If you want to change all the time to keep getting better deals as a new customer, you should always make sure you cancel in time that you don't get auto-renewed.  You can even cancel ahead of time, as soon as you have signed up to make sure you don't forget.

thanks SpiderPig!

And yeah, I will cancel the contract now anyways, it goes until July.

Is none of these companies decent? 

50 minutes ago, stevekerr said:

thanks SpiderPig!

And yeah, I will cancel the contract now anyways, it goes until July.

Is none of these companies decent? 

Not as far as I know.  Sales people will call you mid contract to get you to increase the contract value somehow. From previous experience, never discuss anything with anyone who cold calls you.  As they can be very persussive, just say that you will call  to make contract enquiries. 

Yes, never enter into contracts via phone or even worse via a shop. Either they lie or there will be a misunderstanding (esp. if a language barrier is involved). In a shop you don't even have 14 days to rethink your decision.

Order online and enter contracts that can be canceled monthly. Read the contract terms, not listen to salespeople.