Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

how to get uncensored /english version of ps4 game?

11 posts in this topic

I bought Wolfenstein game from store  , and to my horror is only german and heavily censored.

Is there any way to get the english version of the ps4 game ?

The Geizhals price comparison website will let you specify "englisch"  in your search.

e.g. A list of PS4 games in English.

If you can find the game you want in the Amazon UK store you may be able to purchase it using an Amazon.de account and have it sent to Germany.

"PC & Video Games" appears in Amazon's list of items that can be shipped to Germany. 

Some items are sold by Amazon marketplace companies so shipping policies and prices may vary. Check the seller's delivery rates to see if they will ship to Germany and the cost.

You know it's illegal to import the uncensored Wolfenstein because of the Swastikas, right? Up to 3 years prison.

23 hours ago, sneaker said:

You know it's illegal to import the uncensored Wolfenstein because of the Swastikas, right? Up to 3 years prison.

Lol ?

Its just a game which doesnt try to promote anything . As an artistic medium i am sure it is exempted from such things

10 minutes ago, TraceKira said:

Lol ?

Its just a game which doesnt try to promote anything . As an artistic medium i am sure it is exempted from such things

No, it isnt exempt.  As ridiculous as it sounds (and is, I mean the whole point of the story is fighting evil nazis) the game is indeed not legal in its uncensored form.

The game developers only made some cosmetic changes to suit the laws here. Other than the Nazi symbols, the Nazi salutes, and a few words, the game is practically the same.

There is nothing "heavily" censored. The violence, brutality, blood, head explosions are all there in the German version.

Video games are not (yet) considered art in Germany, while TV and Movies are. That's why they can display swasticas in Movies here.

Wolfenstein censored version was only cosmetic indeed, all Nazi visuals were removed and now you do not fight the Nazis, you fight The Regime.

Be aware that in PC the non-German version of the game is geo-blocked and it won't work in Germany. Not sure how it is on the PS4 but I would assume it works.

1 hour ago, TraceKira said:

My main complain is that it is fully in German audio and i cannot change it:(

Well, if it's any consolation the game is all about shooting, no Puzzle solving...on the brighter side, you might pick up some new German words for your vocabulary. There's no way to change the language in this version (I'm not so sure if the subtitles can be used to save your Gameplay experience).

If it's no fun, just return the game within 14 days and find something else that suits your liking.

46 minutes ago, Erdmann said:

If it's no fun, just return the game within 14 days

That's often not possible with (opened) software.

33 minutes ago, sneaker said:

That's often not possible with (opened) software.

I checked a game forum, and MediaMarkt answered what you said. You are correct, but they do allow, in some cases, an Exchange. Game of luck, and being nice to the shop employers. I hope Tracekira can handle that. B)