Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dishwasher machine repair in Frankfurt

10 posts in this topic

Hello kind people...

can anybody recommend a service or person who can fix a dishwasher.

It is a Bauknecht and not cleaning dishes very well anymore.

Thanks

Before incurring the expense of having a tradesperson look at your washing machine check if your washing machine might simply need descaling. That's very likely if it's been run many times and you live in an area with hard water.

You can descale your washing machine by placing an open container in it filled with either 25% acetic acid (Essigessenz) or citric acid (Zitronensäure) and then running a cycle. Both are easy to find in German shops.

I doubt that its "Scale/Calk....

Carefully remove the upper and lower Sprinkle bars ( Those twurly whirly things) and very gently prize them apart..

smother the insides with washing up liquid and leave to soak for a few hours, then scrub clean with brush and warm water..

Make sure the nozzles are clean.. 

Reassemble and try the machine....

I've never been able to take apart the spray arms though I do have to clean them quite often and pull out debris from the holes with a needle. A soak in hot water and vinegar or washing up liquid does the trick. If the washer isn't cleaning properly, I agree with the other advice re salt and clear wash levels even if you use all in one tabs. Clear all the bottom filters too. 

I also once had a drain blockage. Just clear the pipe under the sink. I know there are proprietary cleaning liquids though every now and again, I take out all the drain bits...circular and flat plate sieve, put them in the rack, add a bit of bleach in the drain and a bit in the wash compartment and run on hottest setting. Never done any harm though to be used with caution if the interior is stainless steel. Vinegar works too though never mix with bleach. 

We had this problem a while back.  I took everything apart that could be taken apart, cleaned and replaced, no change.  I thought maybe it was because we've never used salt so I check with the authorities for the hardness of our water - our water is very soft, and can be attested by the fact that in seven years, we've never descaled the electric kettle. In the end, I read the box of soap tabs and that's when I noticed that the wife had bought tabs to clean the dishwasher - oops! 

Thanks for all tips, we tried various DIY methods and had no luck and then just decided to replace it. It was like 10 years old. Now got a nice new Miele!